Home

AA sliders posted by Playmakers

This is a discussion on AA sliders posted by Playmakers within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2008, 10:19 AM   #17
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: AA sliders posted by Playmakers

I played two games with these last night. One with Miami (me) vs. BC that ended up being decided at the end 35-28 MIA...but BC scored 2 TD's on my messups in coverage with a Safety in Cov. 2. And one more lopsided matchup, USC (me) vs. Fresno that wasn't close from the start 49-7 USC...which it should be.

I thought the sliders had the best feel of any I've tried so far...with out a doubt. He has since made a couple of tweaks, so they could likely get better. Once I get a couple more games in, if I like what I see still...I will definitely take them into my 'Nasty.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:19 AM   #18
Rookie

deagledan's Arena

OVR: 7

i edited the first post with his newest set.

Quote:
I updated the sliders on the front page after spending a great deal of time trying to balance them out on both sides of the ball. I'm fully aware of the possibility that the sliders might be broken and that's the reason why I spent so much time finding a right mixture to have the HUMAN and CPU sliders as equal as possible.

My goal was to jump start the CPU offense and tighten up their defense on AA Level to make the game competive for those looking for an alternative to HEISMAN level. Some of the settings might have you scratching your head if you just go by the numbers but I'd play the game before jumping to conclusions. They aren't perfect but they should present a good challenge and you might even encounter some nice defensive battles in few games.

I realize the CPU's running game is a major issue and yes that setting is correct at 35 for both sides RBA....My reason behind this setting being reduced is because it reduces the amount of speed advantage the offensive players have over the defensive players. speed in this game is kinda over the top IMO and this helps to settle it down just a bit.

I'm also aware that I'm going against the trend in regards to QBA slider aswell. My reason for increasing it instead of lowering it was because all that slider does when you drop it is drastically reduce the power behind the throws which leads to passes being thrown like beach balls all over the field.

It could possibly be lowered back down before my final settings but right now I'd rather tweak the defensive sliders to help offset the high completion % then drop this slider below 50 again.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:01 PM   #19
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Does he actually believe that both defensive awareness sliders work? He's got human at 0 and cpu at 100 but most people believe they act the same. I haven't done much fooling around with it myself.

Edit: The cpu slider doesn't work for defensive awareness. Might as well leave them both the same.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 07-25-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:43 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosshogg84
I played two games with these last night. One with Miami (me) vs. BC that ended up being decided at the end 35-28 MIA...but BC scored 2 TD's on my messups in coverage with a Safety in Cov. 2. And one more lopsided matchup, USC (me) vs. Fresno that wasn't close from the start 49-7 USC...which it should be.

I thought the sliders had the best feel of any I've tried so far...with out a doubt. He has since made a couple of tweaks, so they could likely get better. Once I get a couple more games in, if I like what I see still...I will definitely take them into my 'Nasty.
i haven't used the new sliders he updated because like you i thought his 1st set was damn good and i might just stick with those since i had some very good games. the settings looked whack but the game play was solid.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:18 PM   #21
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Results from my first dynasty game:

TAMU (Me) 49 Arkansas State 3

7min quarters

PASSING

TAMU
S. McGee 10/11 152 yards 3 TD

ASU
C. Leonard 9/18 122 yards
T. Hewitt 2/3 32 yards

RUSHING

TAMU
M. Goodson 16 ATT 177 yards 3 TD
B. Stephens 13 ATT 67 yards

ASU
R. Arnold 16 attempts 70 yards
C. Leonard 6 ATT 10 yards

RECEIVING

TAMU
M. Bennett 3 rec 35 yards
P. Brown 3 rec 62 yards 1 TD
J. Fuller 3 rec 37 yards 1 TD
E. Shankle 1 rec 18 yards 1 TD

ASU
J. Norman 6 rec 75 yards
D. Johnson 2 rec 36 yards
B. Thompkins 2 rec 25 yards

DEFENSE

TAMU
M. Moss 5 tackle 3 TFL 1 sack (DE)
R. Davis 4 tackle 1 TFl 2 sack (DT)
K. Heard 2 tackles 1 tfl 1 sack (DT)
C. Obiozor 2 tackle 1 TFL 1 sack (DE)
C. Smith 2 tackle 2 TFL 1 sack (DT)

ASU
J. McKinnon 7 tackle
E Van Dolah 7 tackle 1 TFl
B. Hall 7 tackle 1 TFL

*Notes: I returned a FG for a TD and the bulk of Goodson's rushing yards came on a 69 yard run on my first drive. Game was a cake walk and I played the 2nd string from the 4th quarter on. I'm waiting for my Miami matchup to see what kind of ad justments I need to make to give me a challenge.

My Video Game Streams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 04:58 PM   #22
Rookie

deagledan's Arena

his latest post:

Quote:
Here's where I'm at right now when I combine the best combinations of the 1st two versions I posted....I think it's getting close to what I'm looking for on both sides.

Offense
60/60
0/0
0/0
35/35
100/100

Defense (Two Possible Final Settings)
0/100..........5/100
75/75
0/30
20/100........25/100
10/60...........5/75

Old 07-26-2008, 08:27 AM   #23
Rookie

droc81yo's Arena

OVR: 5

I've only played one game with these last nite.

8 min quarters

Arizona State (me) 13
Arkansas (cpu) 10

Tot Off: ASU-268 yds
ARK-184 yds

Passing:
Carpenter- 18/26 246 yds 1td 1 int ( my fault, bad pass off of back foot into coverage.)
Dick- 17/28 162 yds 1td 0 int

Rushing:
Herring- 26 car 44 yds 0td
Ark-Rb- 17 car 23 yds

I must say this was a fun game, Arkansas scored a late touchdown to draw to 13-10, but I held the ball and ran out the clock. Passing is MUCH BETTER! Although it is frusterating when you user catch and your guy is wide open and drops the ball. (usually happens with your 4 or 5th reciever).

The bad was the lack of offense and no running game for either side. I have yet to run for a 100 yds w/ any back on any other slider setting other than default AA.

It also frustrates me how I completely blow up the CPU when they try to run. Our backs averaged 1.7 ypc and 1.4 ypc respectively. This particularly sucks because I had a 9 and a couple of 6 yard runs, and the CPu had a couple 7+ yarders, but ended up with just over 20 yds.

I did have the defensive awareness sliders reversed by accident I had 100 awareness and cpu had 0, maybe if I change this the game will play better, but I don't see how raising the CPU def awareness will help my running game.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:32 AM   #24
Rookie

deagledan's Arena

latest post:

Quote:
I stepped up the defense on both sides and reduced the QBA Slider back down to it's Default setting. You should see the Human defensive secondary react a little better in coverage. You can test this out by by watching them react to passing plays on their own. You should see the DB's attempt to knock the ball down or the WR down more often if he's in posistion to make the play. If the CPU QB starts throwing picks you can either lower your INT slider or boost up the QBA slider a little.

The running game should be improved for the CPU. Sometimes it'll look like they don't pose a threat on the ground and then they might hit you for 1-2 big runs. But if you need to really make their Running game difficult you can drop the Human Break Block Slider down to about 10-15 or reduce the Human Tackle Slider back down to 0.....Increasing the CPU's RBA to about 35-40 might also solve the problem.

If the CPU's Defensive Awareness is too high for you feel free to drop it down to 50 or 75. The Same thing applies to their Pass Defense since I really wanted to make sure they cover better on AA Level. That's is why those settings are higher than I've ever had them in years past.

If you need a really tough challenge on AA Level drop the RBA down to 25 increase the CPU Tackle Slider to 75 and Drop the Human AWR back down to 0 along with reducing the KDWN and TACKLE's sliders to 75 and 0 respectively.

Next up is Madden for me but if you need any questions answered in regards to these sliders feel free to ask.

FINAL VERSION 7-25-08 (Sliders may work best utilizing the no switch rule on defense)

ALL AMERICAN (7-9 MINUTES)

HUMAN/CPU
QBA-50/50
PASS BLK-0/0
WR CATCH-5/5.....(I think this helps to offset the high completion %)
RB ABLTY-30/30...(Can be set between 25-35...25 feels more natural but you'll need lower HUM TKL & BRK BLk Sliders for CPU to run well)
RUN BLK-100/100

DEFENSIVE SLIDERS
AWR-5/100...........(Human AWR should stay between 0-10)
KNDWS-100/100
INT-25/50
BRK BLK-25/100
TKL-5/50..............(Human TKL should stay between 0-10)

SPECIAL TEAMS
FG Power-0/0
FGA-25/25
PUNT Power-25/75
PUNT Accuarcy-50/50
KO Power-100/100.....(I might reduce this for the CPU but for now it helps to cut down on the easy return yards)

PENALTY SLIDERS
Offsides-95
False Start-95
Holding-100
Facemask-100
Off Pi-100
Def Pi-95
KR/PR Int-100
Clipping-95
Int Grounding-100
Roughing Passer-100
Roughing Kicker-100

SUB OUT/SUB IN

Offense
QB-75/90
RB-85/100
WR-75/90
FB/TE-85/100
OL-60/75

Defense
DT-85/100
DE-85/100
LB-80/90
CB-75/90
S-75/90

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »