Home

Has anyone messed around with the coach aggressiveness sliders?

This is a discussion on Has anyone messed around with the coach aggressiveness sliders? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2008, 03:48 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Has anyone messed around with the coach aggressiveness sliders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtiger
Here's what I'll do, I'll play a half against my first opponent with aggr. at 0 then quit, reset it to 100, and play the 1st half again. If there is a difference in actual gameplay, I'd think it should be pretty obvious playing 10 minute quarters for a half.
Yeah, what I am really focused on though is that stupid choice option. Its such a dumb play for the AI to be running with a slow qb. So if you could play against a team with a spread heavy playbook, that would be great.

Thanks.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:46 PM   #10
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

Aggression at 0

Notes while playing:
run/pass at 45
Went for it 4th+3 at midfield
14 yd curl route completed
4th+5 kicked 40 yd fg
usual amount of 3 + 4 wr packages
3 FG attempts on 3 4th downs in FG range
cpu behind whole time

Biggest thing that stood out: I didn't detect anything that would have made me say play calling or how they ran their offense reflected 0 aggression.

Stats:
AF 7 - WYO 6
WYO
18 rush attempts, 17 pass attempts
0 interceptions, avg per completion 8.0, long 17

Aggression at 100

Notes while playing:
run/pass same at 45
threw over the middle instead of to covered screen pass incomp
fg attempt from 29 4th+10
long broken tackle YAC yardage given up after curl route
streak to one on one coverage attempted about 35 yard pass in the air incomp
20 yard slant to sideline picked off
cpu ahead all half

Biggest thing that stood out: felt the same more or less.

Stats:
AF 7 - WYO 13

16 rush attempts, 17 pass attempts
1 interception, avg per completion 17.5 (thrown off due to YAC), long 53(about a 10 yard pass with 40 yards of YAC, so not a deep pass), next longest was 25.

My thoughts: No difference between aggression at 0 vs 100. I didn't see the cpu select vastly different plays, look to go deep any more than it did at 0 (it did have one deep attempt at 100 though, but at 100 I'd expect more than 1), didn't see them pass more, and just in general I didn't see a difference.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:00 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Great, thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 09:10 AM   #12
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Or just change their playbook if it bothers you that much.

For the sim engine, which is unrelated to the actual gameplay engine, I actually changed WVU's offense to use Florida's playbook instead of WVU's because Pat White was was barely getting any carries and Devine was getting around 300-315.

My biggest pet peeve may be the slow CPU QBs running the Option Read (Choice) plays. It's just painful to watch in motion (slow-motion that is).
This is more likely what will need to be done is the changing of some playbooks. Typically someone has a post with defenses and offensive playbooks that need to be changed but i don't see that yet.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:59 PM   #13
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

the Aggressive/conservative slider make teams call aggressive/conservative plays..For EX agressive high, you will see more attempts on 4th down more deep passes(reason why no deep passes in this game is becuz defenders give up the short routes) but they are calling them just watch replays and on deff more blitzes
Old 08-08-2008, 02:42 PM   #14

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
the Aggressive/conservative slider make teams call aggressive/conservative plays..For EX agressive high, you will see more attempts on 4th down more deep passes(reason why no deep passes in this game is becuz defenders give up the short routes) but they are calling them just watch replays and on deff more blitzes
I have to disagree, I thought this did something as well but I dont believe it does anymore. I played atleast 10 games always maxing this out for the CPU and their playcalling was exactly the same as it was when it wasnt maxed out. I have since played 10+ games without touching the tendancy or aggression slider for the CPU and Im getting the same results I was previously.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:22 PM   #15
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
I have to disagree, I thought this did something as well but I dont believe it does anymore. I played atleast 10 games always maxing this out for the CPU and their playcalling was exactly the same as it was when it wasnt maxed out. I have since played 10+ games without touching the tendancy or aggression slider for the CPU and Im getting the same results I was previously.
im sayin that is wat they"suppose" to do, I wouldnt be surprise if those sliders are broken also....I haven't played this years version enuff to notice if its working or not but I did notice how much room defenders give recievers on short routes hence the high comp % and prolli the lack of deep balls becuz those routes are open, I guess EA did this for open gameplay...CHEAP!....in older versions of NCAA atleast the ones that was good, the aggressive/conservative sliders worked like that......
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »