Home

Stewaat's slider log

This is a discussion on Stewaat's slider log within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2008, 11:01 AM   #1
stewaat

OVR:
Stewaat's slider log

Current Sliders as of 9/18

Settings
  • Heisman Level
  • 7 minute quarters
  • Ice The Kicker, QB Quiz, and HFA are all ON
  • Dkrause's updated rosters with some tweaks of my own.

Gameplay Sliders
(HUM/CPU)
  • Offense
  • QB Accuracy - 50/50 (I have not seen too many picks by the CPU or myself. Good QBs will throw the ball better, as they should.)
  • Pass Blocking - 50/0 (Does this even matter? Not really...at 50 I still get sacked!)
  • WR Catching - 0/0 (I like drops. They make it tougher for both teams...I just use drops as a replacement for incomplete passes)
  • RB Ability - 45/45 (At 50 or above there is a speed cheat for the CPU...100% sure of this)
  • Run Blocking - 25/100 (Try and give the CPU a better shot at the run game)
  • Defense
  • Awareness - 30/55 (Helps CPU run game and limits HUM INTs. You better stop them early or they will torch you!)
  • Knockdowns - 100/100
  • Interceptions - 0/0
  • Break Block - 0/0 (Gives HUM QB more time to throw and helps CPU run game.)
  • Tackle - 30/30 (I think this gives a great mix of broken tackles and big hits along with nice wrap-ups)
  • Special Teams
  • FG Length - 0/0
  • FG Accuracy - 0/5
  • Punt Power - 50/50
  • Punt Accuracy - 50/50
  • Kickoff Power - 55/55

House Rules
  • There will be no "user pick" attempts allowed.
  • No going for it on 4th down unless I am trailing and it is in the 4th quarter. Must be a desperation situation.
  • Do my best to stay in the pocket unless flushed

Playbook tips for offline dynasties!
What I'm trying to do here is limit the probability of the CPU running a stupid QB option play when it's 3rd and whatever. Do I take away from some of the realism of college football? Yes. Doesn't EA do this anyways by making the CPU call plays like morons? Yes. I'd much rather face "vanilla" offenses than face 50 speed scrambling QBs. This will not kill their passing game. If they don't pass enough, just up their run/pass ration to where you like...Texas Tech threw 95% of the time against me when they had the USC playbook.

14 Playbooks which I believe will help with the odds of a better called CPU game!
  1. Army: 13 option | 2 QB run | 5 shotgun formations
  2. Boise State: 15 option | 3 QB run | 5 shotgun formations
  3. Colorado State: 12 option | 6 QB run | 3 shotgun formations
  4. Fresno State: 17 option | 3 QB run | 5 shotgun formations
  5. Iowa: 15 option | 5 QB run | 4 shotgun formations
  6. Nebraska: 13 option | 4 QB run | 5 shotgun formations
  7. UNC: 11 option | 4 QB run | 4 shotgun formations
  8. South Carolina: 16 option | 3 QB run | 5 shotgun formations
  9. Syracuse: 12 option | 6 QB run | 3 shotgun formations
  10. Temple: 18 option | 4 QB run | 5 shotgun formations
  11. UCLA: 12 option | 5 QB run | 3 shotgun formation
  12. USC: 9 option | 1 QB run | 1 shotgun formation
  13. Wisconsin: 10 option | 3 QB run | 1 shotgun formation
  14. West Coast: 6 option | 3 QB run | 3 shotgun formations

How to use them?
I'm just going to use two controllers and select the playbook I want for my opposition. Then when I go into the game I'll switch it to CPU and then enjoy not facing some crazy spread offense which ruins the CPU chances of beating you. A plus with this is you can choose their alternate uniforms too!

Last edited by stewaat; 09-18-2008 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Enormous Update

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 11:03 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Stewaat's slider log

wow, never, ever, never thought of using Varsity.... will stand by to see what happens here. the cpu play calling on heisman is horrid, can't believe that varsity is even playable but then again I have never tried.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:25 AM   #3
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
wow, never, ever, never thought of using Varsity.... will stand by to see what happens here. the cpu play calling on heisman is horrid, can't believe that varsity is even playable but then again I have never tried.
My thoughts have been the same until I gave it a shot. You need to play at least 5 games though.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:44 AM   #4
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

It will be interesting to see what you come up with. And since I'm on ps3, your set should be pretty final by the time I get the patch
Old 08-21-2008, 11:47 AM   #5
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10

Varsity might work because the demo was pretty good and it was on varsity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 12:13 PM   #6
stewaat

OVR:

Some good and bad with my first game. It's obvious one thing needs changing...

- I beat Ohio St. with FAU 28-24. The problem was terrible play calling by the CPU. Here's the scoring summary:
* FAU: 63-yd TD pass (WR screen and they brought the house...had two blockers downfield to two defenders. Easy score.)
* OSU: 23-yd FG. (nice drive by the Buckeyes)
* OSU: 58-yd TD pass (My CB with man coverage against their WR forgot where he was. I was controlling the safety over the top but figured he would check his man. The fly route went untouched...it was a deep pass too)
* OSU: 7-yd TD pass (another nice drive...nothing fancy...no WTF moment)
* FAU: 75-yd TD pass (Seriously ENGAGE EIGHT needs to be taken out of the playbook. When it's 3rd & 8 and I line up shotgun 5-wide why would you bring the house? Another easy score...blockers downfield opened up daylight)
* FAU: 29-yd TD pass (I threw a jump ball and won. At this point my QB is way too accurate.)
* OSU: 27-yd TD run (Brandon Saine took it up the gut...they ran ALL OVER ME...it was awesome)
* FAU: 7-yd TD pass (Had a post route with 1 on 1. My guy went up and got the ball. They did a big hit but I held on.)

The 4th quarter went scoreless.

Some bad points about the game:
- They were down 28-24 with :05 left. They didn't throw a hail mary. This is inexcusable and ridiculous. The level doesn't matter either. This is an EA slip up. If I took every fan in the stadium and stuffed them in the endzone the QB still better try and chuck it in there!
- Play calling still wasn't perfect. Once again doesn't deal with the sliders. Deals with EA not getting the play calling code correct. OSU didn't kick field goals twice when they should've and they missed a 53 & 56 yarder. 53-yarder was somewhat realistic (just missed right) but the 56-yarder is a joke. Once again has nothing to do with Varsity.
- Passing was WAY, WAY too easy. My QB was 22-29 for 364 yards with 4 TDs and 1 INT. I don't think this is really level specific. I was doing the same thing on Heisman.

The good stuff
- The line play was FANTASTIC. The patch didn't make this better but I believe that Varsity has the best line play, which is huge for me. My DE only got credit for one sack but he had two. Both were LEGIT sacks, not broken screen plays. The second one triggered a glitch in the game and I think that's why he didn't get credit. (Glitch = you sack the QB before they throw the ball...but it's clearly a sack. The ball comes free when you hit them and is usually ruled an incomplete pass. But this time the ball hit behind the QB and was ruled a fumble.

- Line play continued: The OSU rushing attack was deadly. They picked up consistent gains all game and were a pain. Their line dominated and their backs did what they should. Beanie Wells had 29 carries for 126 yds (4.3 avg). Brandon Saine had 7 carries for 54 yards and that 27-yd TD. Wells had 13 broken tackles...but he's a stud so you expect that. Their QB had a couple QB option runs...but you'd expect that. They even pulled off a reverse to Ray Small and he got 17 yards on me! It was beautiful.

- My rushing attack couldn't do jack. My senior impact HB had 20 carries for 50 yards with a long of 9. I broke 3 tackles and fumbled once, they recovered...I got popped on that play.

Overall feel of first game:

I really, really enjoyed it. I need to drop my QB Accuracy and make passing more difficult and that is the only way right now. That's the only thing I can control because I sure as heck can't control the terrible CPU play calling.

C'mon EA give them half a brain!

Game two will be:

Marshall (Me - 72 overall) @ West Virginia (89 overall)

Let's see what White & Devine do against me...

HUM QB Accuracy will be dropped to 40 for this game

Old 08-21-2008, 12:20 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

You may not want to use 5 WR sets as a house rule, the AI is oblivious on how to stop it at least pre patch.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:22 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Are you testing in Dynasty or play now?

I have always felt that dynasty plays differently than play now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »