Home

Tyrant8RDFL's Varisty Slider set

This is a discussion on Tyrant8RDFL's Varisty Slider set within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2009, 09:11 PM   #25
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Tyrant8RDFL's Varisty Slider set

Kinda easy for online User vs User games - I had 3 KO, and 1 Punt (98 yds) Returns for TD's.

I could pass, and run at will. The pass rush was nice though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 09:52 PM   #26
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx 74 xX
Kinda easy for online User vs User games - I had 3 KO, and 1 Punt (98 yds) Returns for TD's.

I could pass, and run at will. The pass rush was nice though.
Ok cool that makes sense for human on human play. These sliders were mainly set for single player games. When its human on human I think the only thing that needs adjusting is the pass rush.

Thanks a million Rich!!!!
Old 07-31-2009, 11:46 PM   #27
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

I just played a game on Heisman, and the reality is passing the ball in this game isnt really hard on any level. Now you can do various things to make it tough ,but you will do things that aren't correct.

Like have guys playing above their true rating for pass coverage, or kill your pass protection so the defense can get in faster, but that isn't fun.

Here are my numbers passing the ball on heisman.

176 passing rating
25/31 337 yrds 1 TD 1 INT.

Most of my incompletions were from my QB being nailed so I could have put up a higher completion percentage.

I for one dont see anything wrong with good passing numbers on any level. Simply because this is College football, and passing numbers are high at this level. It's not a odd scenario to see such a thing. Actually its very common.

So In closing when Making the sliders you just want consistent game play results. This is why I made my settings on Varsity. They reflect more the player ratings and team rankings.

Also this is a video game so once we become familiar with it , its just a matter of time when we just dominate it, and only by having house rules can you make it competitive.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:37 AM   #28
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Thxs for agreeing . What Varsity sliders are you playing with?
These are working pretty damn well for me at the moment:

USER:

Offense: 25-50-40-55-45

Defense: 25-100-25-10-25

CPU:

Offense: 35-0-35-60-45

Defense: 100-60-25-90-40

With 7-minute quarters, I average about 60-65 plays per game, which is right on the money.

My stick skills are strictly average.

I just increased User RB Ability to 55 because I find the backs are a bit sluggish (I increased CPU Rush Defense to compensate).

I like the Tackling sliders a little low because it's college and I wanna see broken tackles. Don't be fooled by the Run Blocking sliders; the CPU can and will run all over you with these settings -- and I don't have to supersim kickoffs ...

I'm still twiddling with the sliders a bit, but right now I'm playing FSU at Texas and I'm trailing the Longhorns 14-0 in the first quarter.

User pass rush might be too strong with these settings (I had six sacks against Maryland, but I'm averaging two sacks most other games).

Also, FYI I tend to use conservative gameplanning settings on D.

Momentum definitely has a big effect in this game and the ground attack (for User and CPU) runs hot and cold depending on who's got the big MO-mentum ...

Last edited by Strummer101er; 08-01-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:08 AM   #29
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er

USER:

CPU:

With 7-minute quarters, I average about 60-65 plays per game, which is right on the money.

I just increased User RB Ability to 55 because I find the backs are a bit sluggish (I increased CPU Rush Defense to compensate).

I like the Tackling sliders a little low because it's college and I wanna see broken tackles. Don't be fooled by the Run Blocking sliders; the CPU can and will run all over you with these settings -- and I don't have to supersim kickoffs ...

I'm still twiddling with the sliders a bit, but right now I'm playing FSU at Texas and I'm trailing the Longhorns 14-0 in the first quarter.

User pass rush might be too strong with these settings (I had six sacks against Maryland, but I'm averaging two sacks most other games).

Momentum definitely has a big effect in this game and the ground attack (for User and CPU) runs hot and cold depending on who's got the big MO-mentum ...
Nice setup here, It really looks like varsity is the level to go to for the base on setting sliders to your style of play.

Your right in college there definitely are a ton of broken tackles, and high passing yardage.

The run blocking slider I see that you have for the cpu makes sense since you lowered the user rush defense, so I can see that working.

Thxs for replying back and good luck in your dynasty homie.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:11 AM   #30
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL

Thxs for replying back and good luck in your dynasty homie.
Ditto.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:46 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thumbs up Re: Tyrant8RDFL's Varisty Slider set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er

USER:

CPU:

I am really enjoying your sliders, very realistic, I was just wondering if you switch players on defense during the play or just stay locked on one defensive player?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 10:02 AM   #32
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioblueman
I am really enjoying your sliders, very realistic, I was just wondering if you switch players on defense during the play or just stay locked on one defensive player?
Glad to hear it.

I switch players. I like player lock, but the camera is too disorienting ...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »