Home

Playmakers Slow Speed Varsity Level Custom Skill Sliders

This is a discussion on Playmakers Slow Speed Varsity Level Custom Skill Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-29-2010, 03:41 AM   #1153
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Playmakers Slow Speed Varsity Level Custom Skill Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino22
PM, are you still playing the game on slow with the updated sliders?
Yes,

I've never played on any speed but slow. Just a heads up if you gusy are wanting to open up the offense you can reduce threshold down about 5-10 and it'll seperate the speed guys a little more.

Or you can stay at 25 threshold and just boost up the RBA slider to 40. If your playing gun happy passing team and you need those 300-350 yard games just tweak the CPU's coverage a little

This level is very slider friendly and you don't have to be handcuffed to my exact settings.

Remember they are a base set just to get help get you guys in the right direction once you observe game play for a few games you'll know right away what sliders will best your team style or preference on the field.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-29-2010, 10:46 AM   #1154
Pr*

Hogfan2502's Arena

OVR: 10

Just curious but what should recruiting difficulty be set to when using these sliders? Whats the most realistic and challenging?
Old 08-29-2010, 11:07 AM   #1155
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsnumberone
Just curious but what should recruiting difficulty be set to when using these sliders? Whats the most realistic and challenging?
I can't speak for Playmaker's, but I've been using All-American for the recruiting level and enjoy it. It's challenging yet not crazy hard.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2010, 11:19 AM   #1156
Pr*

Hogfan2502's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingFan4Ever
I can't speak for Playmaker's, but I've been using All-American for the recruiting level and enjoy it. It's challenging yet not crazy hard.
Ok, cool, thats what i've been using as well, but just wanted to check around.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:33 AM   #1157
Rookie

OVR: 6

PM or anyone else are you still using the coaching sliders as well. As Im about to start a dynasty not as one team, but playing a couple of the "big" games each week and didn't know if coaching sliders helped all that much.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:22 PM   #1158
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have two running backs in the top 50 of rushing. 4 games into the season.... with roughly 450 yards a piece... they are 1 and 2 in 20 yard + runs... with 7 and 4. 3rd place and down have 2 or less.

The biggest concern is while both of these backs are bruiser big backs... they have 0 and 2 for broken tackles... the top 3 teams have 33, 30, and 27.

Is there something that can be done about this?

The yardage and yards per carry are realistic... but it seems I must be getting some huge holes from my line, and not breaking near enough tackles. Maybe if I tone down the run blocking and up the running back ability, I can get more realistic results?

Edit, I tried these, what ya think?
HUM RBA 35
HUM RBL 25
CPU TKL 45

Last edited by JohnnyFenoli; 08-29-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:03 PM   #1159
Rookie

OVR: 6

played my first game of my dynasty as Im playing a nationally televised and the game of the week each week in the dynasty...(I'll play as the lower ranked team)

Oregon State defeated TCU 28-7....everything went well for the Beavers except losing James Rodgers on his first punt return of the year for 4 weeks! Jacquizz Rodgers is really good. Sacked Dalton 5 times, TCU scored on their first drive but other than that couldn't get anything going...do the coaching philosophy sliders change anything, or would you suggest changing these?
Old 08-29-2010, 08:06 PM   #1160
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFenoli
I have two running backs in the top 50 of rushing. 4 games into the season.... with roughly 450 yards a piece... they are 1 and 2 in 20 yard + runs... with 7 and 4. 3rd place and down have 2 or less.

The biggest concern is while both of these backs are bruiser big backs... they have 0 and 2 for broken tackles... the top 3 teams have 33, 30, and 27.

Is there something that can be done about this?

The yardage and yards per carry are realistic... but it seems I must be getting some huge holes from my line, and not breaking near enough tackles. Maybe if I tone down the run blocking and up the running back ability, I can get more realistic results?

Edit, I tried these, what ya think?
HUM RBA 35
HUM RBL 25
CPU TKL 45
40-RBA
35-Run Block

or

45-RBA
30-Run

If you lower the CPU's Tackle slider you need to increase their Run Defense to balance it out.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »