Home

Playmakers Slow Speed Varsity Level Custom Skill Sliders

This is a discussion on Playmakers Slow Speed Varsity Level Custom Skill Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-17-2010, 11:59 AM   #297
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Playmakers Slow Speed Varsity Level Custom Skill Sliders

I'm loving these sliders. Thanks. Now we find some we really like and I'm sure they will throw us a curveball with a patch, and screw them up again.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:11 PM   #298
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios12787
I'll start by saying that this is a really good start on a good set of sliders. In my normal games I was getting really realistic gameplay.

HOWEVER, the CPU option game is still dead beyond belief.

I just did my usual Georgia/Georgia Tech game tests that I do each year to test sliders on the option playbooks.

Let me just say that I held both the QB and FB to negative yards rushing. The halfback had like 60 something yards rushing (50 or so were off of one play where i tried a dive tackle in the backfield and missed).

Anyone else seeing these issues against option teams so far? And any recommendations on fixing it without destroying the really good base for normal playbooks.
Same thing I am seeing these sliders are fantastic for any games against non triple option teams, but the best I have able to get a team like Georgia Tech to play is decent even against inferior defenses.

I played one final game last night before bed, as Baylor who has a weak defense against GT using Playmaker's suggested changes to the base set when playing an option team. I held them to about 100 yards on about 40 carries and won the game 14-10. No way should a team like Baylor hold down GT that well.

I will say it again, but the main issue I have seen regardless of sliders being used is the CPU QB is terrible at making reads and knowing when to pitch it. That is why I can get GT's offense to work well as the human player because I do make the right reads and pitch it when I should.

So essentially I think this is a problem that your going to see regardless of what sliders you use and is a problem with the game itself.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 07-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #299
Rookie

WeglWDE's Arena

OVR: 2

Question for Playmakers or anybody else working with these...I'm using the latest version and am having very good success with everything except broken tackles.

I've played 3 games of evenly matched teams, and in my last game the CPU had 22 broken tackles on 37 carries, where my HUM RB may break 1 tackle the entire game...

Is anybody else seeing this too? I've tried just raising HUM Tackle to 20, but it doesn't seem to have an effect, and I'm loving that the CPU is sticking to the run and getting good yards, so I don't want to mess that up with my Rush Defense.

Should I just keep raising the HUM tackling and lowering CPU tackling until I get something more even?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-17-2010, 01:10 PM   #300
Rookie

ThisIsReality's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
I'm loving these sliders. Thanks. Now we find some we really like and I'm sure they will throw us a curveball with a patch, and screw them up again.
Hopefully they just give us tuner sets to make these unbelievably realistic.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:10 PM   #301
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

What up PM. I've been looking forward to your sliders ever since we started working on rosters. Out right now with the wifey right now, but as soon as I get home, I'm gonna be on it. Thanks again for the hard work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 02:12 PM   #302
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Very pleased again with all the hard work PM. These were great last year, and now that we've been given a MUCH better game, the sliders make it even more the better.

Only thing I lack now is a set of Auto-Subs. Anyone got a base set that they like? I know PM said he'd be posting sometime soon, just need some help on this one. Thanks again guys!
Old 07-17-2010, 02:12 PM   #303
Rookie

OVR: 0

Lurked OS for sometime posting now because i haven't been able to find a answer.

Will these sliders work (provide a balanced game) in an online dynasty during a human vs. human game?

Props to Playmakers for making these sliders(and those who helped!) and whoever can help me.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:19 PM   #304
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeglWDE
Question for Playmakers or anybody else working with these...I'm using the latest version and am having very good success with everything except broken tackles.

I've played 3 games of evenly matched teams, and in my last game the CPU had 22 broken tackles on 37 carries, where my HUM RB may break 1 tackle the entire game...

Is anybody else seeing this too? I've tried just raising HUM Tackle to 20, but it doesn't seem to have an effect, and I'm loving that the CPU is sticking to the run and getting good yards, so I don't want to mess that up with my Rush Defense.

Should I just keep raising the HUM tackling and lowering CPU tackling until I get something more even?

Thanks in advance!
Wondering the same as the CPU breaks lots of tackles, more then me for sure. Loving the sliders though, thanks PM!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »