Home

Playmakers Slow Speed Varsity Level Custom Skill Sliders

This is a discussion on Playmakers Slow Speed Varsity Level Custom Skill Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-17-2010, 06:00 PM   #321
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Playmakers Slow Speed Varsity Level Custom Skill Sliders

Personally I love the threshold where it is, at 25. I like to actually see the differences between you know, fast and slow people.

Didn't the same guy say that Very Slow has accurate 40 times? People don't take into account that those things are fine when you're running a 40 in practice mode with a running start, but Very Slow and the like also nerf agility a TON. When a play very first begins, players move like turtles. Things take FOREVER to develop. It's not realistic. A player running free into the open may be realistic on Very Slow, but not the actual football part.

The perfect speed for football is on Slow with a low threshold.

Last edited by Von Dozier; 07-17-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 06:26 PM   #322
Pro

OVR: 8

Thanks for posting these . . . any thoughts on sub in/out sliders?

Brian
Old 07-17-2010, 07:01 PM   #323
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGiani
I'm saying slow speed with the threshold speed at 50. Check out the speed thread....guy makes a great argument for it.
Ok here's the problem I have with that approach after playinng again with it at 50

It totally takes away the fluid feeling on the field....

You see the problem with all EA's games is if you speed them up you basically kill the fluid movement and animations.

Yes(threshold-50) does represent true player speed better from what i could tell after the games but then your sacrificing some other things for the player speed to be right.

For example someone posted a highlight of him being able to stop and then have just a split second to cut back and go and go again....

Those are the types of MARKETING highlights that EA shows in all their sports games because they slow it down to sale their product

Will the player speed threshold on Slow speed IMO allows you see everything much more clearly as the plays is developing....

But with the threshold up higher it seems guys are flying around the field again and they aren't taking steps when running they are kinda gliding or sliding on the field.

Now i'm not a developer but I've put in some major time tweaking most of EA's sports games and to me none of their games play fluid unless you slow down player movement and the speed of their games in general...

Ask the guys who play NBA Live that are familiar with some of the stuff i do....I get rid of those fast animations on the court or the field by the slowing the game down. Yes the RB's and WR's will get caught at times on plays they should take it to the house but I think you can kinda balance the running game by tweaking the Run Block sliders to get you realistic avg per carry's

Now that guy didi amazing job with his breakdown on the players in Madden one of the best post i've seen and read. But as a personal preference I"m going to stick with a lower threshold and then when Madden hits I'll probably use his Idea for that game.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-17-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:44 PM   #324
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OK now i'm going to reach out to the community.....

It is very important that i have as many people as possible post the actual settings you prefer out of the 1st two versions that were posted.

ON the Front the page you'll see a link to the 1st version that created if you forgot those settings. What i'm going to do is what I call a AVG Base Set as my final settings

I'll avg out the seetings that you guys post on this thread and use it as the final set.

For example 3 guy's might prefer QBA at 5 and 1 guy at 0 then naturally 5 will be the final base set based on that avg.

IF found a setting outside of the base set feel free to include that setting so it can be counted in the overall avg.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-17-2010, 07:54 PM   #325
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
OK now i'm going to reach out to the community.....

It is very important that i have as many people as possible post the actual settings you prefer out of the 1st two versions that were posted.

ON the Front the page you'll see a link to the 1st version that created if you forgot those settings. What i'm going to do is what I call a AVG Base Set as my final settings

I'll avg out the seetings that you guys post on this thread and use it as the final set.

For example 3 guy's might prefer QBA at 5 and 1 guy at 0 then naturally 5 will be the final base set based on that avg.

IF found a setting outside of the base set feel free to include that setting so it can be counted in the overall avg.
I havent commented on this board until now, but I really like the second set, I have been using WKU in a dynasty and with the first set my running game and passing was really, really bad. With the second set, the running game has opened up a bit and the passing is not great but it is better. Of course, it has to be taken in to account that the first set I used against Nebraska, Kentucky, and another decent school, whereas the second set I have mainly played against Sun Belt teams. That could have something to do with the results I have been getting lately.

Thanks for all the hard work and effort you are putting into this for all of us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 08:24 PM   #326
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkedklwnz
I havent commented on this board until now, but I really like the second set, I have been using WKU in a dynasty and with the first set my running game and passing was really, really bad. With the second set, the running game has opened up a bit and the passing is not great but it is better. Of course, it has to be taken in to account that the first set I used against Nebraska, Kentucky, and another decent school, whereas the second set I have mainly played against Sun Belt teams. That could have something to do with the results I have been getting lately.

Thanks for all the hard work and effort you are putting into this for all of us.
OK i'll count this as the 1st vote....which means you prefer CPU Pass Coverage at 40 over the intial setting which was 55.

1-vote goes to the 2nd base set

Thanks for responding if i get enough people i can narrow this down and be fininshed with it until they release or tuner set.

Old 07-17-2010, 08:29 PM   #327
Pro

MillerTime89's Arena

OVR: 24

Playmaker, these are by far the best sliders out there right now. Def. rolling with your sliders from hear on out. I wasn't a fan of how my dropped passes my WRs were having, but then I lowered the QB accuracy to 0 and raised the WR catch to 35 and it's a lot better. GOOD STUFF!!!

Question: I'm noticing the CPU can run on me easily. The CPU RBs are averaging 9-10 yrds per carry. Is it just my lack of knowing how to play defense or is this common? In past years i've prided myself on playing solid defense, but this year's game just seems different and I might be having a hard time grasping the style of play.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:37 PM   #328
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

OK, i'm highly pissed at myself because i had two tabs open in firefox, just spent a bunch of time typing stuff and then closed the wrong damn tab...

but i just played at home as pitt and beat michigan 30 to 17... i'm not typing up the details again, but i got 2 key turnovers late that sealed the deal. ran the ball well (4 tds on the ground). i broke a 76 yard run late that kinda skewed the stats well in my favor (waited on my blocker who took out the safety and i was gone).

but to answer the poll question, i'm loving set 2 with speed threshold at 35.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »