Home

Coaching sliders work!!! Huge impact

This is a discussion on Coaching sliders work!!! Huge impact within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2010, 10:43 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Coaching sliders work!!! Huge impact

I'm seing a problem with the Run/Pass slider for offense. I'm playing Army and I have their Run/Pass set to 20. They are down by 28 points to me, and they still continue to run on 1st and 2nd downs late in the 3rd quarter.

I think if the slider is too low, they rarely throw, even if they are losing big like Army right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 11:45 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 6

Here is the finished coaching sliders. I would state the following. This may cause problems for teams with extremely low run/pass ratios. For middle range teams the AI does adjust to status in a game (when testing a team with run at 30 when they were down substantially they did in fact abandon the run for the pass. Someone else is reporting army (the lowest ratio slider) is not doing this. That is certainly possible. If this is a significant issue teams could be limited to a minimum rating of 30.

Last do not mess with coaching substitution sliders. These sliders effect simulation but do not effect game play at all (tested). Offensive aggressiveness also seems to have no discernable impact on the game. It may alter early down passing etc... but I can't tell. Don't touch this slider as it likley effects simulation somehow (someone else will have to test). Finally the Defense run/pass slider in my opinion should be altered by you prior to games. Really I feel this should be automated by the designers. What you should do is select your opponent and if you are a run heavy team you should move this slider 10 or so points to the run defense side from default to mimic a couch making adjustments for your team. By the same token my new listed sliders show an opponents strategy. You should plan your offense and defense around these sliders that have been posted as if this is a scouting report.

This means if you see your scheduled opponent blitzes 5 men a significant portion of the time you should keep an extra blocker home on offense to avoid sacks most downs. If you see they frequently blitze 6 you may even be more conservative or play many screens. Four your defense plan to alter your calls around a run predominant or pass predominant team when calling plays.

Click to open slider sets:
Spoiler

Click to open what the defensive sliders mean:
Spoiler
Old 07-25-2010, 09:32 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

Excellent!!!! Thank you for doing this
Old 07-25-2010, 09:51 AM   #44
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Your aggression numbers are still too high for the great defensive teams. Those teams generate turnovers and sacks on the basis of having better talent, not by blitzing and being more aggressive than other teams. With most of these teams set at 45, they will still blitz every 2-3 plays.

E.g. Alabama, USC, Florida, Oklahoma, etc.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:14 AM   #45
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Your aggression numbers are still too high for the great defensive teams. Those teams generate turnovers and sacks on the basis of having better talent, not by blitzing and being more aggressive than other teams. With most of these teams set at 45, they will still blitz every 2-3 plays.

E.g. Alabama, USC, Florida, Oklahoma, etc.
I don't think you read my post. 5 man pass rush is the norm and not a blitz. These teams will blitz only around 1out of 10 plays mostly in the red zone or on 3rd down with 6 men. You want an unrealistic and easy pass rush if you don't want a 5 man rush. Answer...keep a tight end or hb home.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 11:11 AM   #46
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

how do you change the settings for each team or universally? or is this just for your team?
Old 07-25-2010, 11:26 AM   #47
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMontana82
how do you change the settings for each team or universally? or is this just for your team?
Its only accessible in offline dynasty under coaching philosophy, its the LT on 360 and I'll guess L2 on PS3 to cycle through each team
Old 07-25-2010, 11:28 AM   #48
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

^ Go into Coaching Philosophies in Dynasty mode. I believe it's under Team Management.

Then go to work!

Great job fellas. I'm going to incorporate into my offline dynasty.

I don't think these can be applied to online dynasties, correct? Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »