Home

SalutationsNJ Zero Threshold Sliders

This is a discussion on SalutationsNJ Zero Threshold Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2010, 10:32 PM   #105
Rookie

NYYankees42's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: SalutationsNJ Zero Threshold Sliders

NJ i just want to tell you that i love these sliders. Ive had great games with these in my dynasty since they are tough and to win you really have to play a great game and that makes it so realistic. I want to thank you for your hard work on these .
BTW the only thing i changed is the speed to slow. I just think you can really see and feel the locomotion on slow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2011, 12:52 PM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninho
How do you defend versus the run? Just to check out the sliders i did a game Michigan vs Stanford. I was Stanford, but played a backup qb (so no luck). Lost 21-48, and cannot stop the run. They just take

All other sliders seem pretty realistic and harder then all-american. I had a couple of decent drives on offense but also 3 and outs, liked that. Some good runs and some stopped in the backfield. So all in all i liked it on offense, and on defense the pass defense was good (could get a rush, i think ik got 3 or 4 sacks manually, but only when Robinson took to long), but they were able to pass (which seem realistic). Just the run was just awfull to stop.
The CPU running game is tough, no doubt. Part of what helped me when I first starting using these is I had changed to a 4-2-5 D, which worked GREAT with the Alabama defense I had recruited over the past 7 seasons. Now starting a new dynasty, and running their typical 3-4, I depend on a great deal of defensive shifts before the snap, and blitz at least one linebacker usually. It works well, though they do eat me up from time to time, but hey...I'm playing in the SEC so thats to be expected. I also highlight the running back a good deal, unless I'm pretty sure its going to be a pass. (My defensive gameplan usually is play the run, react to the pass. I do my best to make a team one-dimensional in the passing game, then force a few picks or sacks)

When I got out of conference, its easier to shut guys down. But I like the fact the CPU can give as good as it gets with the running game now.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying them! They certainly gave the game new life for me.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:41 PM   #107
Rookie

lccowboys's Arena

OVR: 3

whats the best speed to play on, slow, normal or fast?
NCAAB:West Virginia
MLB: Texas Rangers
Old 01-02-2011, 03:42 PM   #108
Pro

OVR: 5

Tried out Heisman recently (always played AA) and I like the feel. Is it just me or is Heisman "faster" than AA? Normal heisman feels like fast on AA to me.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:05 AM   #109
Rookie

Savvy's Arena

OVR: 0

After fooling around with these sliders for a few games I love em, realistic gameplay and realistic stats.

First thing I noticed is QB scrambling, its not as easy used to be able to easily beat DE's and downfield LBs to gain an easy 10-15 per scramble with my QB but with the low threshhold, even with a 86 speed 84 acc, my QB got chased down after 5 yards by a linebacker.

The CPU run game seems smoother, the RBs actually perform moves and have breakaway speed once they hit the second level. Makes you really feel the pain for letting a talented RB break away and hit the second level.

The passing game is smooth, faster slot receivers get separation on their cuts while bigger possession guys only beat DBs because of their size advantage and rarely get as much YAC yardage unless they break a tackle in the open field or are covered by a LB.

I'm implementing this in my new dynasty as Rice, trying to build their program implementing a new spread option offense and a 4-2-5 defensive scheme to exploit all the speed available from recruiting in Texas. I love the speed and excitement both these schemes bring to the table and these sliders capture that the best.

All in all I'm very impressed!
Penn State Nittany Lions
Real Madrid
Old 01-07-2011, 04:32 PM   #110
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Just wanna say thanks for the kind words and thanks for this set you've come up with. In an OD I participate in we use my slider set but I told some guys from my league about your tweaks and they like these as well. Keep up the good work B!
Old 01-07-2011, 05:09 PM   #111
Rookie

saulty32's Arena

OVR: 0

Im new to this site but I just want to say using your sliders made me actually want to make an account and post here. I have used about 5 different slider sets from this site and prefer yours so far above all. I also use the coaching sliders to make the game more fitted towards team strategies.

The games I have played actually feel like Both teams are in it to win it. Using other sliders from this site I have never lost a single game unless I use a teambuilder team thats 60 ovr. and even then I can still beat teams like alabama 1/2 the time.

I was actually starting to get bored of playing the game but thanks to you I have a renewed wind. thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »