Home

Varsity vs AA vs Heismann explained along with threshold effects (testing)

This is a discussion on Varsity vs AA vs Heismann explained along with threshold effects (testing) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2010, 10:18 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Varsity vs AA vs Heismann explained along with threshold effects (testing)

CPT: Are the numbers in your scenario an average of Heisman, AA, & Varsity?

Oraeon showed initially that his recorded times varied with difficulty setting, even for the same threshold (although I struggle to understand that Varsity is inherently faster than Heisman).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2010, 11:25 PM   #26
CPT
Banned

CPT's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by einstein
CPT: Are the numbers in your scenario an average of Heisman, AA, & Varsity?

Oraeon showed initially that his recorded times varied with difficulty setting, even for the same threshold (although I struggle to understand that Varsity is inherently faster than Heisman).
I ran them on AA/Normal.... I opt for AA as the human simply doesnt get that pronounced "boost" as on Varsity.

a guy (99's) ran around 4.3-4.37 on a consistent basis....(I can pretend that it is a 4.2 w/o pads since I cant imagine EA figured pads into the equation).
Old 08-09-2010, 06:57 AM   #27
Rookie

Thanks, CPT. I would prefer AA also, but the challenge just isn't there for me unless the sliders are severely modified to the point where it isn't enjoyable (4 CPU broken tackles every play, constant drops by my receivers, no time in the pocket,etc). Also, Heisman is the only level I've had repeat success with the CPU running game without a stupid disparity in the number of broken tackles.
That being said, I would be interested to see your test ran at slow/normal speed on Heisman.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:12 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 20

I've played on all 3 levels, 10 games each (same teams each time). Varsity is more realistic with the right slider set.

Florida vs Army with Playmakers sliders - Florida destroys Army all 10 games. Army generated absolutely nothing on offense, and couldn't stop Florida's speed at all.

Florida vs Army with SN's sliders - Florida won 4 games by big margins, other 6 games was within 17 points. Florida was absolutely being destroyed up front by Army's DL.

Florida vs Army with Football Forever Heisman - Florida won 2/10 games vs Army. Couldn't stop Army's offense, nor could Florida do anything on offense whatsoever. Army's LB's are faster than Demps...

I respect what everyone is saying, but the CPU gets too big of a boost on AA and Heisman. I've had very competitive games with Varsity slow and a good slider set. On the other levels, the results have been...fishy at best. The mere fact that in 20 games on AA and Heisman, Florida was able to generate a total of 650 yards of rushing says it all for me. On Heisman alone, I was never...NEVER able to generate 100 yards of rushing in any game...topping 40 yards just once....this was against ARMY.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:29 PM   #29
Rookie

I haven't played that particular matchup, but my last two games in my OD with PSU at 7 minutes on Heisman with my sliders, I ran 55 times for 402 yards against Indiana and 30 times for 207 yards against MSU. So running on Heisman isn't impossible (in fact I'm leaning towards slightly too easy with my current set - but not all games are like those two). It just again demonstrates that sliders are HIGHLY individualistic. As much as you think Heisman is too hard no matter the sliders, I think AA and Varsity are too easy no matter the sliders.
It also depends on your view of "realistic". There's a balance between realistic outcomes, realistic statistics, realistic gameplay, and enjoyment/challenge.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:28 PM   #30
Rookie

EZ Esquire's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by einstein
It also depends on your view of "realistic". There's a balance between realistic outcomes, realistic statistics, realistic gameplay, and enjoyment/challenge.
This is the key here.

What is the most challenging may not be the most realistic or provide the most realistic stats.

Everyone is different and everyone plays differently.

I have no problem running on AA and could not imagine lowering the difficulty. Does not mean that lowering the difficulty for someone else would not be perfect.

Trying to apply someone's sliders to you own gameplay while looking for realism can be tricky. There are so many variables that EA has put into the game that a lot of people ignore and go right to the sliders.

Before someone adjust the sliders because they are not doing this or that they should see how the game plan works under aggressive or conservative. Home or away? Etc.

What I think the TC was talking about though was a simple bump the CPU gives a side depending on the difficulty. This I could understand.

Last edited by EZ Esquire; 08-20-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:48 PM   #31
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

First off, One of the best threads on this game. My main gripe,
the cpu attempting 56 to 63 yard fg's. I also doubt they fix this, since it only happens on the Heisman level. This alone makes the game unplayable for me. I actually think the game has a ton of potential, but lacks substance. Where's the strategy when cpu always attempts unmakable fg's. It's pretty bad when the announcers talk about them having no chance, yet they still miss short by 10+ yards. It boogles my mind that EA doesn't have a group of guys that actually PLAY the game before releasing it. I can some what understand the depth chart issues and problems that happen years down the line, but something this obvious and common in gameplay is just lazy to me. Hell, wait and release it, you're not even competing against anyone. That alone may be the reason we are all posting these issues in the first place. Great thread
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »