Home

Old 08-12-2010, 08:31 PM   #33
Pro

bpete07's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Default Sliders

I went thought and changed all the coaching sliders and I held teams to under 200 yards all the time so I started my dynasty over and played default coaching sliders too. My thoughts all along is that all the tuner updates are going to be based on default settings, so the more tuners that come out, you'll continue tweaking sliders non stop. At least that is how it was on NHL
Old 08-12-2010, 09:16 PM   #34
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeter189
Sorry, one other question. Do you guys change any of the coaching sliders or do you leave them as is. I've been reading that after the patch, things seem more in line and we may not need to change them.
I don't change them.

Been playing Madden 11 for a bit and comparing that game to NCAA 11 out of the box, NCAA is the winner. Madden is good (I think a lot of people are being overly critical of the game. Expectations were too high coming off of last year, when the game made a huge leap. No way was that going to happen 2 years in a row.) but you can't play on the default settings and get the same results that you do on NCAA.

With NCAA, I know that I can just set the difficulty to Heisman, Slow Speed with 40 Threshold and sit back and enjoy.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 08-12-2010, 10:26 PM   #35
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19

DJ are you seeing a wide range variety of scores using default heisman? like maybe a 10-7 game, and then like a 44-40 final scorethe next or something like that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 10:58 PM   #36
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryT531
DJ are you seeing a wide range variety of scores using default heisman? like maybe a 10-7 game, and then like a 44-40 final scorethe next or something like that?
Yes. My last game was 13-7. I've had 28-20, 34-17, 41-0 (using a bad team on the road @ LSU) and everywhere inbetween.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 08-13-2010, 08:51 AM   #37
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

The only thing I changed from defaul Hiesman is I dropped CPU QB ACC, Pass Coverage, and rush defense to 45. I dropped CPU Pass Block to 40.

I've been using speed threshold at 50. I'm tempted to try it at 40. I had it at zero and didn't like it. It felt like at zero speed was the only thing that mattered on the field and my players wrre getting burned.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:25 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
The only thing I changed from defaul Hiesman is I dropped CPU QB ACC, Pass Coverage, and rush defense to 45. I dropped CPU Pass Block to 40.

I've been using speed threshold at 50. I'm tempted to try it at 40. I had it at zero and didn't like it. It felt like at zero speed was the only thing that mattered on the field and my players wrre getting burned.
Isn't that what we look for? Realism? So it's ok for a 50spd DT to chase a 97spd TB down from behind? Realistically that DT has NO chance to catch the 97 speed TB from behind.

If you have a fast WR, and the CPU has a slow CB, he should burn that CB.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:01 AM   #39
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
Isn't that what we look for? Realism? So it's ok for a 50spd DT to chase a 97spd TB down from behind? Realistically that DT has NO chance to catch the 97 speed TB from behind.

If you have a fast WR, and the CPU has a slow CB, he should burn that CB.
Speed is the only thing that matters in football? No that is not realistic. With speed at zero I would have no problem recruiting 2 star guys with high speed because with speed at zero they are much better and that is all that matters.

With speed at zero almost every fly route or deep ball thrown was a touchdown on both sides of the ball because the recievers burned the corners every time.

I like to see that, but not numerous times in a game by 10-15 yards.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #40
Pro

bpete07's Arena

OVR: 6

Anyone giving these a shot still? After trying about every slider set on here, I cannot get a good balance and reading through all the posts on those slider sets, everyone else seems to have the same problem. You guys all realize that every time a tuner set comes out, it's going to be non stop slider tweaking over and over and the tuners/patches are based on default settings.

Read through this thread, seems like everyone is getting decent games on default heisman....I wasn't sold before, but just might give it a shot and actually enjoy this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »