Home

Duncan254's realistic but fun AA slow speed sliders for dynasty!!

This is a discussion on Duncan254's realistic but fun AA slow speed sliders for dynasty!! within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2010, 07:34 PM   #1
Rookie

jackson's Arena

OVR: 5
Duncan254's realistic but fun AA slow speed sliders for dynasty!!

I want to start off by saying that this is my first time to officially post my sliders. I am 31 a police officer and have been playing NCAA/Madden for a very long time. I think the first was Madden Championship Edition. Anyway, I have been trying everyone's sliders since the game came out. I used Playmakers for awhile then I switched to SN's while mixing in some random other sets that have been posted. While all these sets had their positives in areas, they did not deliver all three facets of the game like I wanted. I am a run first pass later player in general but I have discovered that this was because it was so much easier for me to run. These sliders make running difficult particularly against powerhouses. It makes the passing marginally easier due to increased pass blocking however, this is offset by a little higher pass coverage, not to the extent that db's jump the route EVERY time (timing is very key, I know you all know that). You will see a definite pocket form around you and rb will step up and make blocks. I was tired of seeing them whiff blocks or outright stand there while you get your shoulder jammed into the grass.

Please do not criticize these before you try them. Go into practice and try them. Not everything is perfect and will not be with any set, however, these have given me some enjoyable games. I just wish I had more time to enjoy the game what with job, wife, and two kids. We also just bought a house for first time and trying to put our "touch" on it. Vary the teams you play for a few games and let me know what you think. I am pretty much locked in with these numbers but I have gone a click up or down on a couple areas such as human pb, cpu/human pass coverage. If you need to do so go ahead but I would not drastically alter the settings. I feel as though you should be forced into passing situations generally by the cpu unless you are facing a cream puff team and even then at times you should be forced to pass.

Finally,

Difficulty: All American
Quarter: 9 minutes
Game Speed: Slow
Player Min Speed Threshold: 5-10 (A little up in the air.)
Home Field: Off

User/Cpu

QB Accuracy 15/15 You WILL see errant throws, especially if on the run or pressured. I run with OU and Landry fairly routinely throws off the mark passes.
Pass Blocking 55/45 This helps a little with the PA blocking and allows you to get pressure on CPU QB forcing bad throws. Also the low threshold makes your defenders get their quicker also applying pressure. When you are blitzed you will be in trouble still.
WR Catch 45/45 Not remedied the rocket catch thing totally but I was sick of open receivers with bricks for hands. This number is a decent balance.
RB Ability 45/50 You will break tackles in a realistic fashion.
RB Block 20/100 Again a good balance of the defense generating pressure on you with your low block rating. I really like the way you get pushed/get off blocks when the CPU is running the ball. If you anticipate the run and direction, you will be in decent position to either make tackle or force the CPU ball carrier into an unblocked defender.

Pass Coverage 55/60 I again was getting fed up with ******** DB's not breaking on balls. This is a little higher than most sets due to the pass blocking being a little higher. Time your throws.
Pass Rush 55/60 Also, I really like I the animations involved with rushing the cpu passer. Just try it. Rush the outside and see.
Interceptions 15/30 This number is for statistical purposes really. You will see drops that should be int's but we don't want this stat skewed in dynasty too much.
Rush Defense 5/75 Obviously rushing harder for you than cpu.
Tackling 40/45 CPU backs break some tackles or are slowed up enough for other defenders to get there due to getting off of blocks.

I left the SP ones out cause you can use the ones you have or some others. I haven't emphasized those so much in my testing. I believe I am using SN or Playmakers SP settings. I really don't remember as this slider stuff is creating a mental blur between them. I appreciate comments and don't just outright bash these plz. I am an average player.

Lastly, if you are upset with how much time you have to pick a defensive play, if you've noticed playing two players you will have as much time as you like to pick the play. So, I've been playing with another controller on. On defense I just have him as a DT and on offense I put him as an OL. I know it's a hassle but I was getting frustrated.

Feedback?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 09:25 PM   #2
Rookie

jackson's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Duncan254's realistic but fun AA slow speed sliders for dynasty!!

wow 32 views 0 replies, thx guys.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:39 PM   #3
Peace thru tyranny.

MEGATRON's Arena

OVR: 7

Hey bro, don't feel bad. I just posted mine 2 nights ago, I've gotten 157 views and no replies. Maybe we can work together? Check out my sliders on the same board. I've already posted 4 games worth of statistics, so let me know what you think.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:42 AM   #4
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

look pretty good man. ill try them out when i get home tonight. pretty much my last chance at getting the cpu to run the ball on AA. is the cpu putting up yards on the ground on you? your cpu run block is higher than mine so i have hope. just didnt want my dlinemen going 5 yards back every run play. my sliders im getting about 280 to 340 a game by the cpu with 8 min quarters. what are you seeing?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »