Home

Baumy300's Realism and Stat Oriented Varsity Sliders

This is a discussion on Baumy300's Realism and Stat Oriented Varsity Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2010, 03:53 PM   #9
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Baumy300's Realism and Stat Oriented Varsity Sliders

I made some changes to the sliders before the patch (and updated them in the first post) and I believe they did help the gameplay. I have to get some time in with the new patch before I change anything else. I am also waiting for the tuning pack before I make any major changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whos61177
I just played a great game with these sliders. I use Connecticut at Oregon State and I lost 21-7 but I was never out of it. For the first time ever I had trouble running the ball. The only recommendation I would make is to lengthen the game a little to get a more accurate number of plays and yardage. I am going to try these with 9 minute halves. Thanks
Awesome. I have thought of longer games as well, but the quarter length is definitely optional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportugy
i haven't had time to play today, and I actually won't have time to play until next monday. But, I love these sliders and am wondering if you think you will need to change anything post patch.....thanks!
I just downloaded the patch a few minutes ago. I am going to play a few games with this patch and then wait until the new tuning pack arrives. But I will make sure to update the thread with any adjustments I make.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 09-11-2010, 03:04 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I played my first dynasty game and pulled it out in OT against Michigan. The only issue was fumbles. Michigan had 6 fumbles and they lost 3 of them. Is anyone else having this issue?? thanks
Old 09-13-2010, 05:17 AM   #11
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

I have updated the sliders regarding rush defense and pass coverage. I am still tweaking these, but you can see my changes in both Human and CPU settings.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2010, 12:08 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

The one thing I noticed with the patch updates is that when I run play action I have zero time to throw the ball. I think with the updates to your slider set that should help. Other then that the game is playing great! I am 4-0 in my dynasty with UCONN and I have had 2 OT games 1 blow out of a 1AA team and my last game went down to the wire with Buffalo but I won 27-21. I get a very realistic amount of plays run and yardage with 9 minute halves if you are looking for that. Thanks
Old 09-13-2010, 06:46 PM   #13
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

I'm still making tweaks to the running game for both Human and CPU players. I've also noticed the Human pass rush is down a bit since the patch and tuner pack, which is odd since nothing regarding the pass rush/blocking is mentioned.

I will post updates as I keep trying to find a good balance.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 09-14-2010, 09:46 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 3

I have been playing on AA at default and been pretty happy but I tried these last night. First game, Michigan (me) v. Penn State (CPU). I won 56-49 in OT. As you can see not much defense. I could NOT stop the run. Fortunately they couldn't stop me either. Pretty silly game, actually. Tried again this morning Auburn (me) v. LSU. Started out great 14-7 LSU with 3 minutes left in the half, then a couple of turnovers (a really dumb pass on my part. And careful fighting for yards on the KR !)and it was 28-7 LSU in the second quarter. Then I had to go to work. (Damned reality )

I think they have potential, but you really have to load up for the run IMO. I will try again tonite.

The one thing I really don't want to do is the no switch thing. I think that takes the fun out of it. Thanks, Baumy, I do think these have potential if I can get my defesive skills honed a bit. I do like the feel of it vs, the default AA setting.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:59 AM   #15
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by billg012260
I have been playing on AA at default and been pretty happy but I tried these last night. First game, Michigan (me) v. Penn State (CPU). I won 56-49 in OT. As you can see not much defense. I could NOT stop the run. Fortunately they couldn't stop me either. Pretty silly game, actually. Tried again this morning Auburn (me) v. LSU. Started out great 14-7 LSU with 3 minutes left in the half, then a couple of turnovers (a really dumb pass on my part. And careful fighting for yards on the KR !)and it was 28-7 LSU in the second quarter. Then I had to go to work. (Damned reality )

I think they have potential, but you really have to load up for the run IMO. I will try again tonite.

The one thing I really don't want to do is the no switch thing. I think that takes the fun out of it. Thanks, Baumy, I do think these have potential if I can get my defesive skills honed a bit. I do like the feel of it vs, the default AA setting.
I can believe the part about the CPU scoring a lot now. Ever since the patch, I have been battling to find that happy medium with pass protection and the CPU running game. I'm getting closer to finished, and I'll update it in the first post as I go.

Right now the run for human players is definitely tricky, but not impossible.

For example, if you line up in a 4-3 while the CPU lines up in a regular I formation and you do press coverage, crash to the center, and pinch your D-line, the CPU may run a sweep or other outside type of run.

These settings make you pay for putting all your eggs in one basket if you know what I mean. Sometimes it pays off, others you get burnt for a big gain or worse.

Anyways, check the new settings out and let me know what you think.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 09:13 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 3

I actually dont have the patches, it just took me some practice.I had agreat game last night with my Wake Forest Demon Deacs vs BC. Came back to win 34-30, but it was a struggle.I really like the feel of the game. As you suggested, I finally learned to watch my middle and key the run. I think it's a great set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »