Home

Baumy300's Realism and Stat Oriented Varsity Sliders

This is a discussion on Baumy300's Realism and Stat Oriented Varsity Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2010, 10:31 PM   #1
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40
Baumy300's Realism and Stat Oriented Varsity Sliders

Before you use these sliders, please take a moment to get an idea about how I like to play NCAA and how I want my sliders to perform.

I have been playing NCAA 11 since it was released and have tried multiple slider sets from multiple users. Each set I have used had its own ups and downs for me, so what I did through trial and error was combine slider sets to get what I feel is a game of football that is not only stat oriented, but realistic as well.

For me a "realistic" set of sliders means when I am Alabama at home and playing against Eastern Michigan I should be dominating 9.5 times out of 10. It also means when I am Florida and playing against Georgia I should be in a tight game, maybe only blowing out the Dawgs 1 in every 10-11 times. If that.

I do not want anything to come too easy, but I do not want anything to come too hard where I feel I have to try money plays and cheap exploits to try and get a first down. I also like to feel my slider set plays off of ratings.

Some of my settings are similar to other slider makers, and some are off by either a few clicks or by a lot.

Without further ado, here are the sliders that have been giving me a great game of football:

(Also, if you have suggestions or tweaks that you feel would improve these, I am all ears.)

===========================================
Skill - Varsity
Injuries - On
Fatigue - On
Quarter Length - 8 Minutes
Play Clock - On
Coaching Tips - Off (User Preference)
Game Speed - Slow
Player Min Threshold - 30 (SN and Playmakers sets gave me a base for this, so props to them both.)
Home Field Advantage Effects - On
Ice the Kicker - On

Penalties -

Offsides - 100
False Start - 100
Holding - 50
Facemask - 50
Offensive Pass Interference - 100
Defensive Pass Interference - 100
KR/PR Interference - 100
Clipping - 55 (May change to 50 if too many called on special teams)
Intentional Grounding - 100
Roughing the Passer - 100
Roughing the Kicker - 100

Auto Subs - (Taken from Playmakers - The best sub settings out there!)

QB:60/75
RB:80/85
WR:80/85
FB/TE:80/85
OL:60/75

DT:75/85
DE:75/85
LB:80/85
CB:65/80
S:65/80

=============================================
Human Offense

QB Accuracy - 5

With the setting at 5 you can tell when you have a great QB, a good QB, and a bad QB.

Pass Blocking - 45

The setting at 45 still allows you to still run play action, but also does not give you all day in the pocket unless you are taking a good line against a bad one.

WR Catching - 40

I realize college players have drops (and at 40 they still do) but with this setting at 45 the good and great WR's and TE's prove to be reliable while other blocking TE's and FB's prove to be a big concern in the passing game.

RB Ability - 50

This gives the ball carrier the ability to make some great moves. However, my CPU tackling and CPU rush defense settings can make this irrelevant.

Run Blocking - 35

I like it at 30 because you can still run out of the shotgun.

Pass Coverage - 50

At 25, the setting allows elite corners to play as such and bad ones to become toast. However, if your pass rush isn't getting the job done, you can eventually expect to be picked apart, especially by good QB's.

Pass Rush - 55

This should give you all you need for a good rush. An average DE can still get to the QB, but how easy it is for him depends on the tackle. An elite DE will wreak havoc on lineman who aren't on par.

Interceptions - 40

I don't see too many picks unless the QB I am playing against is rattled or just plain old bad. I user pick and still don't get a whole lot, so this feels about right.

Rush Defense - 50

With it at 25, the CPU can very easily run all over you. I had to concentrate on the run and up my tackling just to give myself a chance against some elite backs. If you have a good D line and LB corp and play against weaker opponents, you will still give up some decent runs.

Tackling - 40

I believe I found my happy medium with this at 40. Anything less and it seems even mediocre backs can shake off great tacklers, over and over. It just isn't realistic to see a 75 overall HB shrug off a 90 overall LB on a consistent basis. Advantage here is to the D.

FG Power - 30

FG Accuracy - 20

Punt Power - 20

Punt Accuracy - 40

Kickoff Power - 35

===================================

CPU OFFENSE

QB Accuracy - 15

Mediocre QB's shouldn't give you a Peyton Manning type of performance, but will not roll over either.

Pass Blocking - 35

Good lineman will keep your D in check. Bad lineman will get exposed by good defenders at a somewhat consistent, yet expected basis.

WR Catching - 55

Too many CPU drops at a lower level. Still lets elite receivers separate from average ones in the drop category.

RB Ability - 50

Run Blocking - 65

This setting creates holes with good lineman. It's up to the RB to find them and you to tackle him.

Pass Coverage - 55

This seems right. Good receivers will separate from the CPU defenders and if you get a mismatch you will be able to tell. (Think Noel Devine being guarded by a slow MLB)

Pass Rush - 100

Interceptions - 40

I am not seeing a lot of CPU picks, but I attribute that to smart passing. I still get picked when I try to force things, normally on the run or under pressure.

Rush Defense - 100

Tackling - 60

At 60 you can still break tackles, but not on an arcade-like basis. Only players that should be able to truck can.

FG Power - 5

FG Accuracy - 55

Punt Power - 55

Punt Accuracy

Kickoff Power - 60

=================================

I hope everyone enjoys these settings and gets great games from them like I have been. As I said before, if you believe these need tweaking, please post your suggestions.
It makes me sad
I post the frog

Last edited by baumy300; 10-05-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2010, 05:05 PM   #2
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Baumy300's Realism and Stat Oriented Varsity Sliders

I'll give these a whirl and get back to you! Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 08-29-2010, 12:57 AM   #3
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
I'll give these a whirl and get back to you! Thanks!
Thanks man.

I've been toying with the idea of either raising HUM pass coverage or lowering CPU QB Accuracy.

I'm afraid if I raise pass coverage it may result in too many coverage sacks. I'm thinking the Robo QB effect I've seen in some games (not all) is due to the tuner pack. Right now with the sliders I've posted I'm playing Tennessee with LSU and am not seeing a problem with pass defense. However, in some other games it seems like the QB (no matter how good he is) can miss...
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 08-29-2010, 01:54 PM   #4
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Its pretty much proven in various slider threads that the tuner altered QB's accuracy to superhuman levels, even under pressure. To stop it the slider has to be ridiculously low like 10 or 15 at least another tuner comes out, whenever that is.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Its pretty much proven in various slider threads that the tuner altered QB's accuracy to superhuman levels, even under pressure. To stop it the slider has to be ridiculously low like 10 or 15 at least another tuner comes out, whenever that is.
I kind of figured that. It's so strange that it seems to work like that at random as well. Makes it hard to figure in the Robo QB when making sliders.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2010, 06:52 PM   #6
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
I kind of figured that. It's so strange that it seems to work like that at random as well. Makes it hard to figure in the Robo QB when making sliders.
I have been following Playmaker's thread very closely and I think your set looks VERY promising...

I esp. like your reasoning with regard to Hum and CPU drop reciever drop numbers and RB broken tackle stats...

The only slider that looks like it may be off the mark is CPU QB ACC...consensus says anything above 15 and all the CPU QBs are too accurate...

I look forward to trying a version of these soon...

Nice work and thanks for sharing!
Old 09-06-2010, 11:43 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just played a great game with these sliders. I use Connecticut at Oregon State and I lost 21-7 but I was never out of it. For the first time ever I had trouble running the ball. The only recommendation I would make is to lengthen the game a little to get a more accurate number of plays and yardage. I am going to try these with 9 minute halves. Thanks
Old 09-07-2010, 09:16 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

i haven't had time to play today, and I actually won't have time to play until next monday. But, I love these sliders and am wondering if you think you will need to change anything post patch.....thanks!
NHL-Chicago Blackhawks
NBA-Sucks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »