Home

Is the tuning goal that all sliders = 50?

This is a discussion on Is the tuning goal that all sliders = 50? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2010, 06:48 AM   #17
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Is the tuning goal that all sliders = 50?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
I will get a game in later today and I will start at exactly AA Default just to see where everything is at post-patch ... I'll post something later on if I get a chance.

One thing I would like to see more feedback on is "player threshold" ... seems like most are playing with it set around 25-35, but I think I will return that to default "50" as well. One thing I noticed in my last game (threshold at 25) was that LB's could easily out-accelerate my RB's which felt very unrealistic?

Any thoughts on threshold Adem?
I'm still at Normal/25. Have been since Madden 10 introduced the adjustable game speed.

NCAA and Madden 11 both play a tad slower than Madden 10 because of locomotion. The players still top out at the same speed, but take longer to get there. This is more realistic overall, but it means the '40 times' the players are running are about .15 sec. too slow at the high end (4.35 instead of 4.2 for a 99/99 guy). I haven't bothered to test at Fast because the feel of the game is just too fast.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:35 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I'm still at Normal/25. Have been since Madden 10 introduced the adjustable game speed.

NCAA and Madden 11 both play a tad slower than Madden 10 because of locomotion. The players still top out at the same speed, but take longer to get there. This is more realistic overall, but it means the '40 times' the players are running are about .15 sec. too slow at the high end (4.35 instead of 4.2 for a 99/99 guy). I haven't bothered to test at Fast because the feel of the game is just too fast.
Are you still working on your AA set?
Old 09-11-2010, 07:21 PM   #19
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Are you still working on your AA set?
yeah, not happy with it quite yet.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:11 PM   #20
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
where are those sliders?
Old 09-13-2010, 09:52 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Adem ... if you've got a base set you would like tested feel free to send them along in a pm. I'm slowly trying to make a set myself, but I'd be happy to start with your base and give feedback as necessary?

I'll be out of town for the next few days but hope to get some test games in when I return ... I know it's typically helpful to have several people play with sliders to get various opinions on settings, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 03:40 PM   #22
MVP

GJEM's Arena

OVR: 12

Adem, have you finished up your slider set yet?

Old 09-15-2010, 04:21 PM   #23
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Wow... I've been fine tuning them. Basically, my approach was to ensure that individual matchups went the right way... a great guard beat an average tackle, for instance. I've got that pretty much down, but now I have to adapt it so that a realistic game is the result.

One problem is that I'm not that good. I've become used to using only one player on the field, and so i still do... meaning if someone else picks up my sliders right now and switches players, they're going to have a much easier game than I have. I've only recently started doing any user catching, and I've noticed it's a huge advantage if you do, so that's throwing off my results. I'm afraid if I released them now you'd end up pretty disappointed, but I'll post 'em here if you wanna try 'em out and give me your thoughts. Just not doing a thread right now... again, no promises that they're any good, it's just my starting point.

Gameplay Options
Skill: All-American
Quarter Length: 8 Minutes
Game Speed: Normal
Player Min Speed Threshold: 25
Home Field Advantage Effects: On
Ice the Kicker: Off

Game Rules
Holding, Facemask, and Clipping at 55
All others at 100

Custom AI (USER/CPU)
QBA 20/35
PBK 15/25
WRC 40/40
RBA 35/55
RBK 55/55

PCV 60/60
PRS 35/35
INT 20/15
RDF 75/80
TAK 30/35

FGP 40/40
FGA 20/65
PTP 0/0
PTA 25/40
KOP 20/45

Team Management/Coaching Philosophies
*Note that many of these are not quite updated for the current season, again, work in progress
**These are settings for SIMULATED games, for played games you must adjust the defensive/Aggression slider downward according to the chart provided at the bottom of this list.

Adjusting Aggression
Prior to playing a Dynasty game, go to Team Management and select Coaching Philosophies. Select the team you are playing against, and lower their Defensive Aggressiveness according to the chart below. Be sure to return the slider to its original setting after the game.

85 = 50
80 = 45
75 = 45
70 = 40
65 = 40
60 = 35
55 = 35
50 = 30
45 = 30
40 = 25
35 = 25
30 = 20
25 = 20
20 = 15
15 = 15

-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 09-15-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:41 PM   #24
MVP

GJEM's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Wow... I've been fine tuning them. Basically, my approach was to ensure that individual matchups went the right way... a great guard beat an average tackle, for instance. I've got that pretty much down, but now I have to adapt it so that a realistic game is the result.

One problem is that I'm not that good. I've become used to using only one player on the field, and so i still do... meaning if someone else picks up my sliders right now and switches players, they're going to have a much easier game than I have. I've only recently started doing any user catching, and I've noticed it's a huge advantage if you do, so that's throwing off my results. I'm afraid if I released them now you'd end up pretty disappointed, but I'll post 'em here if you wanna try 'em out and give me your thoughts. Just not doing a thread right now... again, no promises that they're any good, it's just my starting point.

Gameplay Options
Skill: All-American
Quarter Length: 8 Minutes
Game Speed: Normal
Player Min Speed Threshold: 25
Home Field Advantage Effects: On
Ice the Kicker: Off

Game Rules
Holding, Facemask, and Clipping at 55
All others at 100

Custom AI (USER/CPU)
QBA 20/35
PBK 25/25
WRC 40/40
RBA 35/55
RBK 55/55

PCV 60/60
PRS 30/30
INT 20/15
RDF 75/80
TAK 30/35

FGP 40/40
FGA 20/65
PTP 0/0
PTA 25/40
KOP 20/45
Thanks man! I'll give them a shot. I also use the one player house rule, on defense that is, on offense I use the QB, HB, and WR depending on what play is called. Hopefully that type of game play wont mess up your set to bad. I also limit myself to only using one of the three plays the coach suggests, evens the play calling out a bit since the CPU play calling is pretty lackluster IMO. Us being the human can almost always out coach the CPU. Oh also I never use WR catch if my guys start dropping passes the most I'll do is set my coach philosophy for WRC to conservative. I just need some competition and realism, competition mostly. I got the stats to reflect realism but I almost always end up on top. In my Gophers dynasty using my AA made set I'm undefeated in the Big Ten (4-0) which isn't right since we can't even beat South Dakota in real life although...I know it's just a game but still. Oddly enough my 3 losses on the year came against MTSU, NIU, and USC, but yet I'm knocking off Big Ten teams, the most talented being Wisconsin and Penn State with hardly any resistence...weird. Anyway Adem I'll give these a whirl. I guess I'll PM you what I'm seeing on my end with my gameplay and such since this isn't really your thread and I don't know if it's appropriate to be posting in someone elses thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »