Home

AJ's All American Normal Speed Sliders (WIP)

This is a discussion on AJ's All American Normal Speed Sliders (WIP) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2010, 02:32 PM   #57
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: AJ's All American Normal Speed Sliders (WIP)

I'm using these in my Online Dynasty right now. I played a couple games with Oregon in my offline with them and liked the results, although I really struggled running out of shotgun and had a lot of drops.

Anyway, first game of my OD with S. Carolina.

S. Carolina (me) vs So Miss (cpu)
62 - 3

S Car
Garcia 17/26 328 4 TDs
Lattimore 26 car 130 yds 2 TD (5 ypc)
K. Miles 10 car 44 yds (4.4 ypc)

So Miss
M. Young (backup QB, knocked starter out on 3rd play) - 10/29 143 yds 2 INT
V. Floyd 15 car 24 yds (1.6 ypc)

Impressions: Well, I did not dominate the game throughout. Actually I didn't even score until the second quarter. On like the second play of their ensuing drive, they fumbled and I went up 14-0. I proceeded to score 35 points in the quarter and coasted from there.

-Pass Rush: Pass rush felt good. I had to get the ball out quickly which is realistic. I didn't get much pressure on the CPU unless I blitzed, which is fine with me. I had to really fight to get off blocks controlling a D-Lineman.

-Drops: CPU had NINE drops. At least half of those would have went for big gains. I had 3 drops, 2 by my RB and 1 by my TE.

-Run game: CPU abandoned it pretty quickly. They had some decent runs early, but it got to the point where it was predictable and my D-Line would blow it up. User run game felt realistic. I couldn't break any long runs, longest gain was 14 yards but the run game was solid.

So far these are probably my favorite set I've played with.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 09-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #58
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I'm working on the running game as we speak and I think I've had a breakthrough. I'll probably have a new set up specifically to open up the running game in the next two days or so.

As for the drops: you'd be shocked at the number of drops that occur in college football. That said, its a tough balance to get the right number of wide-open drops without making throwing into coverage too easy.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:57 PM   #59
49ers

adembroski's Arena

The problem I'm running into right now is that the Run Blocking and Rush Defense sliders both affect two things, and not in the right proportions.

Run blocking affects the success of a block initially and the amount of push the linemen get.

Rush Defense affects the ability of the defensive linemen to break off blocks after they are initialized and the speed and aggressiveness of the linebackers in reacting to the run.

If I raise Run Blocking, there are too many pancakes and too much push. If I lower it, there's immediate penetration all along the defensive line.

Raise Rush Defense and the defensive line, again, gets too much penetration (though not as quickly as with lowering Run Blocking) but if I lower it the defense reacts too slowly.

I think I prefer high on both, but I'm working on the balance. I want to minimize penetration by defensive linemen who aren't penetrators, but to do so I end up with either the linebackers too slow to react or too many pancakes and a ridiculous surge off the line. By getting the balance right for spread teams, I make pro, multiple, and one back teams simply over powered.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:05 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
The problem I'm running into right now is that the Run Blocking and Rush Defense sliders both affect two things, and not in the right proportions.

Run blocking affects the success of a block initially and the amount of push the linemen get.

Rush Defense affects the ability of the defensive linemen to break off blocks after they are initialized and the speed and aggressiveness of the linebackers in reacting to the run.

If I raise Run Blocking, there are too many pancakes and too much push. If I lower it, there's immediate penetration all along the defensive line.

Raise Rush Defense and the defensive line, again, gets too much penetration (though not as quickly as with lowering Run Blocking) but if I lower it the defense reacts too slowly.

I think I prefer high on both, but I'm working on the balance. I want to minimize penetration by defensive linemen who aren't penetrators, but to do so I end up with either the linebackers too slow to react or too many pancakes and a ridiculous surge off the line. By getting the balance right for spread teams, I make pro, multiple, and one back teams simply over powered.
How's it coming AJ?

Just an opinion, but trying to make these sliders perfect for all offenses and defenses will be more of a headache than it's worth. Probably best to set them up for the most common offenses (or simply the style you use most) and let others adjust them as needed based on their play style. IMO setting them up for pro, multiple, and one back offenses makes for the most realistic game play overall.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:09 AM   #61
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
How's it coming AJ?

Just an opinion, but trying to make these sliders perfect for all offenses and defenses will be more of a headache than it's worth. Probably best to set them up for the most common offenses (or simply the style you use most) and let others adjust them as needed based on their play style. IMO setting them up for pro, multiple, and one back offenses makes for the most realistic game play overall.
I agree... it's rough making them work for everything. The biggest problem is the CPU's decision making on options.

Anyways, it's coming. I've some adjustments I think I like but i want to test them in game once before I release anything.

-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2010, 11:34 AM   #62
Banned

OVR: 14

Good deal ... it's been a hectic Fall season for me so haven't got much gaming in. Free time should open up shortly so I'm hoping to get a dynasty started later this week or next and I plan to use your set as a base. Just don't have the time to create my own from scratch this year ... thanks for your efforts!
Old 10-02-2010, 12:46 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
RBK 55/60
If I understand correctly, if both teams are running the spread, I should change this to 65/70?
Old 10-02-2010, 08:36 PM   #64
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4ckdabeast
If I understand correctly, if both teams are running the spread, I should change this to 65/70?
I'll have new sliders for the running game up soon, but that doesn't sound unreasonable.

-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »