Home

Sliders to Fix Defensive End Pass Rush?

This is a discussion on Sliders to Fix Defensive End Pass Rush? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 08:40 AM   #9
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Sliders to Fix Defensive End Pass Rush?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
this could be independent, but a possible reason is the named roster glitch which caused player tendencies to switch.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...glitch-56.html
Not sure if this is the problem, but it could maybe have something to do with it. The reason I say this is that I've been doing most of my testing of this issue by using either FSU or North Carolina (Jenkins/Coples) against CPU teams with very weak OTs. I jacked up the ratings of both Jenkins and Coples making them into elite 99 rated "pass rushers" however their tendencies both stayed at balance or run stopper. I could never get them to switch to Pass Rusher no matter how elite of pass rushing ratings I gave them. Needless to say even at 99 with super jacked up speed, agility, acc, finesse moves, etc they still ran the same canned animations against slow footed 60 or lower rated OTs hardly ever creating sacks or the very least generating a quick speed rush around the end that moves the QB up or outside the pocket.

I wish the DEs really played to their tendencies. Animate the the run stoppers to bull rush a majority of plays. Animate the pass rushers to speed rush outside or quick step inside a majority of plays. The CPU DEs just don't play to the strengths of their ratings.

Last edited by ucas005; 07-22-2011 at 08:49 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:33 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Couples isn't that fast 1st of all (but i understand the reason why you did this......Pass Rushers with a high tackle rating or strength rating won't be labled as pass rushers anyway.

Those ratings overide the boundaries and makes them a Run Stopper or Balanced DE

For example in NCAA 11 this player is listed as a pass rusher that i created but people woudln't think that because his speed and his acceleration ratings aren't very high.

Phillip Hunt Houston DE

Speed-74
Strength-76
Agility-84
Acceleration-82
Tkl-72

Those are not your sexy jump out at you ratings that signals Pass Rusher but he is base don those attributes.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-23-2011, 12:06 AM   #11
Pro

ucas005's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Couples isn't that fast 1st of all (but i understand the reason why you did this......Pass Rushers with a high tackle rating or strength rating won't be labled as pass rushers anyway.
I jacked up Coples (along with Paige-Moss) speed/acc/agil to 99s for testing purposes. Chose Coples because Kiper had him #2 on his infamous Big Board with this analysis.

" They haven't been lacking defensive talent in Chapel Hill. Coples is next in line, a gifted pass-rusher suited to be a pure 4-3 defensive end at the next level."

Anyway, even at 99's basically across the board both Coples and PM ran the same DE animation and never had a sack in the Play Now games I was testing in. It's almost like the DE positions mirror each other after the snap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 12:46 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucas005
I jacked up Coples (along with Paige-Moss) speed/acc/agil to 99s for testing purposes. Chose Coples because Kiper had him #2 on his infamous Big Board with this analysis.

" They haven't been lacking defensive talent in Chapel Hill. Coples is next in line, a gifted pass-rusher suited to be a pure 4-3 defensive end at the next level."

Anyway, even at 99's basically across the board both Coples and PM ran the same DE animation and never had a sack in the Play Now games I was testing in. It's almost like the DE positions mirror each other after the snap.
what is your pass rush slider set at?

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-23-2011, 07:30 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
what is your pass rush slider set at?
You can raise up the pass rush slider but that will then make the DTs even more powerful. The DTs in the game seem to be coded incorrectly. My RE is my highest rated player but my DTs always get the sacks.

The DTs dont push, they use the swim rip move and get to the QB much faster than my pass rushing RE. The DEs seem to always get stuck in that arc animation before any other animation will play out where as the DTs immediately will use a swim rip.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:22 AM   #14
Pro

ucas005's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
You can raise up the pass rush slider but that will then make the DTs even more powerful. The DTs in the game seem to be coded incorrectly. My RE is my highest rated player but my DTs always get the sacks.

The DTs dont push, they use the swim rip move and get to the QB much faster than my pass rushing RE. The DEs seem to always get stuck in that arc animation before any other animation will play out where as the DTs immediately will use a swim rip.
What he said ^

I've tried several different HUM Pass Rush vs. CPU Pass Block settings and I mostly get the same results. You go too high on Pass Rush and the DTs dominate the game with swim rip moves to sacks. (wish I would see more DT bull rush) While both DEs do the same animation no matter what settings you have. Don't get me wrong I can get a good pass rush with different settings, but again it always involves either the DTs getting the sack/forcing the pressure or from LB/S blitzing coupled with DT pressure. All I want is for some occasional decent DE pressure. I want to see FSU B Jenkins completely blow by a slow footed 60 rated LT from San Jose St (a la Dwight Freeney) and come up with the sack entirely on his own. But every single time the DEs are forced into an engaged animation with the OTs preventing a clean burst of speed around the end. Again I'm not wanting all DEs to dominate around the end every play. I just want to prevent the number of times they go into the same canned animation and give some variety to the moves they use on the outside. The DTs take different routes to the QBs why cant the DEs?

Any chance that Pass Coverage, QB Accuracy, INTs or some other setting is also tied to pass rush? Or does it strictly involve HUM Pass Rush vs. CPU Pass Block?

Last edited by ucas005; 07-23-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #15
Rookie

trrt's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucas005
What he said ^

I've tried several different HUM Pass Rush vs. CPU Pass Block settings and I mostly get the same results. You go too high on Pass Rush and the DTs dominate the game with swim rip moves to sacks. (wish I would see more DT bull rush) While both DEs do the same animation no matter what settings you have. Don't get me wrong I can get a good pass rush with different settings, but again it always involves either the DTs getting the sack/forcing the pressure or from LB/S blitzing coupled with DT pressure. All I want is for some occasional decent DE pressure. I want to see FSU B Jenkins completely blow by a slow footed 60 rated LT from San Jose St (a la Dwight Freeney) and come up with the sack entirely on his own. But every single time the DEs are forced into an engaged animation with the OTs preventing a clean burst of speed around the end. Again I'm not wanting all DEs to dominate around the end every play. I just want to prevent the number of times they go into the same canned animation and give some variety to the moves they use on the outside. The DTs take different routes to the QBs why cant the DEs?

Any chance that Pass Coverage, QB Accuracy, INTs or some other setting is also tied to pass rush? Or does it strictly involve HUM Pass Rush vs. CPU Pass Block?

I was wondering if there are any particular player edits for the DEs (or the DTs if that is easier) that can be done to fix this? i dont think there is any magical slider combo that will resolve this.

Playmakers, do you have any thoughts on this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #16
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10

I don't seem to have this issue. I play Virginia with GameRoster's players. I can't roll out but maybe 25-30% of the time and even then I need to release quickly or he'll peel out and drill me. Other times I roll out and bam! right into the DE or I barely release it before I get dropped and it falls straight to the ground. I can't sit too long in the pocket because the DB's are glued to my wideouts or waiting in the 3 zones to tip or intercept. Part of it is me.. my reaction time stinks.

I'm 51 and love playing but I go into panic mode and try to lock on 1-2 receivers.. I rarely have time to sit and go through 4-5 options.
I play on varsity level with my own modified settings and it works for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »