Home

Casual All-American Sliders for the Passing Impaired

This is a discussion on Casual All-American Sliders for the Passing Impaired within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2011, 06:06 PM   #9
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Casual All-American Sliders for the Passing Impaired

I've got my sliders (for both me and the CPU) at:

Pass Accuracy 35
Pass Blocking 70
WR Catching 60
Pass coverage 30
Pass Rush 50 (default)

I find these give a lot of the same benefits you're talking about. It allows the QBs to not all be Joe Montana, and eliminates some of the blatant WR drops. Pass coverage is loosened up without being wide open, and pass blocking allows an extra precious second or so. But this is for both sides so prepare to work harder on defense.

I also play on FAST Speed with 0 Threshold, which might allow a touch more separation, but also makes you have to make quicker decisions.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:20 AM   #10
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3

Excellent! That is the key, to find a setting that works for you, whether you start from scratch or from some on the forum.

It looks like as I get better at the game and have to adjust accordingly, that your sliders would be a good set to use. I like the looks of the 30 pass coverage and 70 pass block as a target for when I get better.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #11
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

you've inspired me to go extreme with both HUM and CPU pass coverage.

i got housed last night in my NE dynasty, by wyoming.

my passing game was crap, and i got beat in the passing game all night long.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 09:00 PM   #12
Pro

TeddyKGB's Arena

OVR: 4

These are almost identical to my own home-brew sliders. I also have Pass Blocking/CPU Pass Rush at 0 and Interceptions seriously dialed down. IMO these changes are the best way for those who are struggling with the passing game to ease their frustrations. I am not a quarterback in real life. I've come to accept that I can't read get through my progressions in 2.7 seconds. Making these changes has saved my enjoyment of the game.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:14 PM   #13
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

I hear you, Teddy, and feel your pain. I'm the same way. I feel like I do read coverages pretty good, but the game engine uses coverage that is too tight, super LB's, and lightning-blitzes.

To combat all this, I've flip-flopped on several sliders, including SG's coach mode sliders, and come back to cbc72's. Got a good game, now. Completing about 64% of my passes. Time to throw. The game is fun again.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:17 PM   #14
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

Cool.

I have been playing with the Int slider, trying to get some more of the should be INTs without getting 4 INTs a game. For me, seems like 30 really flipped a switch on the INTs, I had skipped right from 20 to 30, I am going to try 25 for a while. Otherwise I am still using them as posted for the passing game.

For the running game I am still trying to get a set to work well. I can seem to run up the middle very effectively, pitches and off tackle runs not as well. I have turned up CPU run D to 70 for now and am still seeing fairly easy success on ISO plays.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:20 AM   #15
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

Going to try INT at 25 for both HUM and CPU as well, cbc. Next game is LSU home vs. UAB (cupcake part of schedule), so stats might not be a good indicator until I get to the SEC part of my schedule. Will post results, though--
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 11:44 AM   #16
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

user/cpu ints on 25 is working for me. i had it on 35 before but it was still 3-4 ints per team per game. now on 25, its about right. 1-2 ints per team per game. not bad and most ints are now legit
----------------------
Madden Since '92

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »