Home

Coach mode vs. Auto Pass

This is a discussion on Coach mode vs. Auto Pass within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1
Coach mode vs. Auto Pass

I have been playing exclusively on Coach Mode since I have purchased the game a few weeks ago. I like the broadcast view, but I don't like not being able to see who (player's name) is running the ball or the inability to utilize player lock.

I recently switched to regular mode, but turned auto-pass on and just allowed the cpu to run my plays (outside of kicking and punting of course).

My question is this: When it comes to game play AI and slider, is there any difference between true coach mode and regular play mode? Does the cpu know a difference between playing coach and regular mode?

I wish there was a way to turn on player names in broadcast mode and player lock in true coach mode. If so, I think I would stick to it. The way it is now I think I am going to go back to regular play mode and just turn on auto-pass and not touch the controller.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 10:54 AM   #2
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Coach mode vs. Auto Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsam
My question is this: When it comes to game play AI and slider, is there any difference between true coach mode and regular play mode? Does the cpu know a difference between playing coach and regular mode?
It's my feeling that EA tweaks the game tuning once a HUM STICK is in the game. The booth COACH mode does not seem to exhibit the same psycotic LB abd DB game play.

Playing on AUTO-PASS should still be detected as a HUM Stick and the defensive agressiveness may be adjusted accordingly. But you are in a better position than I to tell us ?

Do the LB's make incredible changes in direction and is pass coverage monsterous or not? There are plenty of threads discussing the questionalbe defense reactions .. are you seeing them?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »