Home

Sliders to fix this (video)

This is a discussion on Sliders to fix this (video) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-10-2012, 10:59 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
Sliders to fix this (video)

What I would like is recommendations on how to fix what is in this video.

You see a power formation, double tight left. I have a power called, and from how the defense is aligned, and my alignment, getting inches should be a piece of cake...right?

Wrong.

My LG engages the DT as he should. The LT looks right at the LB, and the proceeds to double on the DT. The TE AND the LT run right by the OLB who as usual on Heisman for some reason goes through the line unblocked. To make it even worse, is the pulling RG runs right by the LB, who naturally stops me for a 3 yard loss.

This is the absolute most frustrating part about this game because I know for a fact my LB's never go through the OL unblocked, and I never see the CPU pulling guys not block anyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79zVVa8Oqnc

I would love some slider tips on how to fix this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2012, 11:08 PM   #2
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Sliders to fix this (video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
What I would like is recommendations on how to fix what is in this video.

You see a power formation, double tight left. I have a power called, and from how the defense is aligned, and my alignment, getting inches should be a piece of cake...right?

Wrong.

My LG engages the DT as he should. The LT looks right at the LB, and the proceeds to double on the DT. The TE AND the LT run right by the OLB who as usual on Heisman for some reason goes through the line unblocked. To make it even worse, is the pulling RG runs right by the LB, who naturally stops me for a 3 yard loss.

This is the absolute most frustrating part about this game because I know for a fact my LB's never go through the OL unblocked, and I never see the CPU pulling guys not block anyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79zVVa8Oqnc

I would love some slider tips on how to fix this.
High speed thresholds fixes this. 65+.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ArkanSaw
High speed thresholds fixes this. 65+.
using Matt10's at 90.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:17 PM   #4
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

Quote:
using Matt10's at 90.
eww, then just raise run blocking a few clicks.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:23 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
eww, then just raise run blocking a few clicks.
I'll play with that, but it's very disconcerting to see an 82 AWR guy, an 87 AWR guy and a 84 AWR guy just block no one.

at 100, they pull fast, and look for the person they are supposed to block. I actually just ran a counter for 7 yards, which I think may be the most yards I've gotten on that play.

as i type that, my FB literally ran by a squatting CB on a toss play with 100 run blocking. His AWR is 74.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #6
MVP

Update:

50 run blocking helps, but still seeing too many missed blocks by guys with high awareness.

FB's are absolutely useless....I mean as useless as tits on a bull. Even at 100 run blocking I would venture to say the majority of the time they just run aimlessly around. On more than 1 occasion, if the FB makes a block I take it to the house, but he just runs by a LB, or a safety. What was nice though was seeing pulling guards LOOKING for someone to block, the way they should. I'm not sold that the sweet spot for run blocking isn't 60-70, and just increase the run defense.

I wish we knew what else the run blocking slider controlled or else I would play around with 100 run blocking and 100 run defense for the CPU
Old 08-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #7
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

Quote:
Update:

50 run blocking helps, but still seeing too many missed blocks by guys with high awareness.

FB's are absolutely useless....I mean as useless as tits on a bull. Even at 100 run blocking I would venture to say the majority of the time they just run aimlessly around. On more than 1 occasion, if the FB makes a block I take it to the house, but he just runs by a LB, or a safety. What was nice though was seeing pulling guards LOOKING for someone to block, the way they should. I'm not sold that the sweet spot for run blocking isn't 60-70, and just increase the run defense.

I wish we knew what else the run blocking slider controlled or else I would play around with 100 run blocking and 100 run defense for the CPU
Your FB really isn't a super blocker but more of a guide through the holes. Follow behind him and you will have success.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Your FB really isn't a super blocker but more of a guide through the holes. Follow behind him and you will have success.
I do follow the FB, but a 3 yard gain should be a 5-7 yard gain if he blocks someone. They need to block though, I would love to see an attempt, which doesn't happen most of the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »