Home

FistofRages Varsity Sliders - AI safety play fixed

This is a discussion on FistofRages Varsity Sliders - AI safety play fixed within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #9
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: FistofRages Varsity Sliders - AI safety play fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Been testing quite a few games and I have come to some conclusions. I recommend you just try these sliders and post a comment.

Gameplay Options

Skill- Varsity
Injuries- On
Fatigue- On
Quarter Length- 8-9
Play Clock- On
Coaching Tips- Off
Game Speed- Normal
Player Min Speed Threshold- 50
Home Field Advantage Effects- On
Ice the Kicker- On

Custom AI

User

QB Accuracy- 0
Pass Blocking- 25
WR Catching- 50
RB Ability- 40
Run Blocking- 50
Pass Coverage- 0
Pass Rush- 50
Interceptions- 30
Rush Defense- 25
Tackling- 50
FG Power- 50
FG Accuracy- 20
Punt Power- 50
Punt Accuracy- 25
Kickoff Power- 40

CPU

QB Accuracy- 100
Pass Blocking- 25
WR Catching- 50
RB Ability- 65
Run Blocking- 95
Pass Coverage- 60
Pass Rush- 90
Interceptions- 75
Rush Defense- 75
Tackling- 50
FG Power- 50
FG Accuracy- 40
Punt Power- 50
Punt Accuracy- 100
Kickoff Power- 50

****I am still testing these but I can say for certain that the safeties play as they should and the AI can actually score some points. There is alot of room to make these harder.

Don't run 4 verticals, but the AI safteties have been giving help over the top on almost every play.
What Penalty settings are you using?
Old 08-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

You have been saving this game for years for me. Your sliders are usually spot on within the limits of the game engine and codes. If there is anyone that could fix this madness if possible it's you. This game is so close to being real good, but safety issue is a gamekiller. I don't like having a guarantee when my back is against the wall. Just curious are you a Madden player as well or just ncaa? If these issues continue will you move on to Madden?
Old 08-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Penalty sliders right now are 55 for holding, and offsides, 60 for facemask. None of the other sliders really seem to work. You can put roughing at 55 but may see too many calls.

As far as teams to play....Try playing Minnesota at USC from both sides and Kentucky vs Alabama from Both sides and Kansas vs. Oklahoma from both sides.

This should give you a pretty good idea how an average team fairs against a very good team from both sides.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by War24
You have been saving this game for years for me. Your sliders are usually spot on within the limits of the game engine and codes. If there is anyone that could fix this madness if possible it's you. This game is so close to being real good, but safety issue is a gamekiller. I don't like having a guarantee when my back is against the wall. Just curious are you a Madden player as well or just ncaa? If these issues continue will you move on to Madden?
Thanks man. I have bought Madden the past couple years but don't really play it enough because I found unfixable glaring issues in Madden each year related to how the difficulty level and sliders were set up.

I hate the way Madden sliders are set up but I won't go into it in this thread, but basically Madden has had unfixable issues in the past years, most notably Pass rush and automatic FGs because the special teams sliders are the same for the human and AI.

Anyway, try these sliders and report back. I will beef up the AI offense next, but had to really focus on the defense first. I can guarantee safety play is fixed.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Fistofrages is right. Varsity plays the best and Sliders work the way they are meant to.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #14
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

interesting stuff fist. gonna check it out tonight.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermagic88
Will be trying these out later today. Going to try them in some Play now games before i take them to a dynasty. Anyone have any teams/matchups they want me to try out?
I'd suggest doing any and all testing in Dynasty as it's been known for a while that the game plays differently in Dynasty compared to Play Now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
I'd suggest doing any and all testing in Dynasty as it's been known for a while that the game plays differently in Dynasty compared to Play Now.
I believed in years past that Play now would play different from dynasty but the diferrences were marginal. The testing I did was in play now, I haven't even entered a dynasty yet.

One other thing I would recoomend is resetting everything related to gameplay and sliders to default backing out so it autosaves it at the default settings and then go back in and make the the slider changes.

Lets all get some games in and postt back the good, the bad, and the ugly. If we work together, I'm positive we can have a servicable set pretty much nailed down beofre the season kicks off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »