Home

SECElit3's NCAA 14 Heisman Sliders - Built for Realism and Challenge

This is a discussion on SECElit3's NCAA 14 Heisman Sliders - Built for Realism and Challenge within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #273
Banned

OVR: 32
re: SECElit3's NCAA 14 Heisman Sliders - Built for Realism and Challenge

I was doing a little testing this morning with the rush defense slider and have made some observations. I won't be able to test more until tonight, but could some of you testing sliders, try rush defense at 40 and tell me if it makes the human running game easier or more difficult.

the rush defense slider at 50 may be too high, because it almost seems as if the line backers are being sucked into the play, because they are anticipating where the play is going. There is no read and react. They just seem to know where the play is supposed to go and get sucked into blocks.

If the rush defense slider is set higher, the rushing actually gets easier for the user because the linebackers and other defensive players react too quickly and get sucked into the play. However, if the rush defense slider is set lower than 40, the safeties are slow to react to the run. They will actually not react at all for a split second after the running back is across the line of scrimmage.

So with that said, I only see two settings that could work for Rush Defense - 40 and 45

Last edited by SECElit3; 07-12-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #274
Rookie

subdistinction's Arena

OVR: 0

I've been playing with your sliders on dynasty all day. I'm loving them! Thanks!
Old 07-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #275
Rookie

pistonica's Arena

OVR: 4

Man i don't know what you did to these sliders but there are incredible...defence is so hard...I'm playing as Michigan State...and i am struggling with the top 25 teams...i can't beat them...instead I am playing very well against lower rated teams...

I am 3-2 ( wins against Minnesota , Boston College and Conneticut ...lost to Tennessee and Notre Dame )

Madden 22 with Cleveland Browns
NHL 22 with Las Vegas Golden Knights
NBA 2k22 with Golden State Warriors
FIFA 22 with FC Barcelona
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #276
Rookie

OVR: 3

Does anybody know if I could run these on normal speed instead of slow? Any issues on slow ?
Old 07-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #277
Rookie

MrPolo7's Arena

OVR: 0
Thumbs up re: SECElit3's NCAA 14 Heisman Sliders - Built for Realism and Challenge

Just played two games with these....

LSU (me) vs. Florida
Lost 31-26, the UF running game was dominant and they had 3-4 screen passes to the HB that were called perfectly for them. Had to throw the ball a lot more than I would have wanted an resulted in throwing 2 red zone interceptions.

Thoughts: Sliders were great, I think I may need to reduce the comp RB ability/blocking, and increase the user pass coverage to match my skill level

LSU (me) vs. Tulane
Won 28-7, ran the ball much better than the first game (as expected) and absolutely shut down the comp running game. Only complaint was the user pass coverage; Tulane had wide-open receivers all over the place no matter what defense I called, especially on corner routes. I don't want to increase the pass coverage slider too much so I'm not sure what to do about that!

Really like these sliders, keep up the good work!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #278
VFL

kwebbvols4423's Arena

OVR: 1

Played 3 games with these sliders and I am really enjoying them.

Cal (CPU) vs. Ohio St (me)
This game was close until the 4th, then I broke it open. Final: Cal 24 , Ohio St 56.

Penn State (CPU) vs. Tennessee (me)
This was a more defensive game. Final: Penn St 14, UT 24

Minnesota (CPU) vs. UCLA (me)
Total domination. Minnesota 7, UCLA 58

I am really enjoying the variety with these sliders. I wanted to see how I played when these played when the two team were even (Penn St, UT) and then when I had a more dominate team. I will test a few more tomorrow where I play against the top teams. Great work.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #279
Banned

OVR: 32

Changes posted. I think Run Defense will be much more effective at 40. I am still testing the run block.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:21 AM   #280
Rookie

TennesseeVols16's Arena

OVR: 7

Washington Huskies at Washington State Cougars
Sometime in 1752 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Washington Huskies (HUM)01421843
Washington State Cougars (CPU)101401236
Team Stats Comparison
WASHWSU
Total Offense438494
Rushing Yards23734
Passing Yards201460
First Downs2123
Punt Return Yards
Kick Return Yards
Total Yards643510
Turnovers33
3rd Down Converstion6-106-11
4th Down Conversion
2-Point Conversion
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals5-5-04-3-0
Offensive Plays6471
Posession Time23:4812:12
Washington Huskies
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
K. Price16/2320133
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
B. Sankey291866.43
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
K. Smith67111.81
A. Jenkins6841682
Washington State Cougars
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
C. Halliday38/5746053
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
T. Caldwell8172.10
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
T. Calwell10939.30
C. Madison68714.51

This was a good game. As Washington, I went down 24-0 quick, but after a defensive stop I caught some rhythm and put up 35 unanswered points and shutdown WSU in the 3rd Q. WSU started working up a comeback in the 4th Q but turnovers and failed 2-PT conversions killed them.

I included the number of offensive plays in the game summary above and it is closer to what it should be. I played on 9 mins for this game and I believe that's where I'll keep it for now.

One constant through my games is my lack of ability to tackle. I'm still having a lot of whiffed tackles and complete run bys. It's mostly me and I think that's part of my problem while I'm on defense. Any tips or advice for better tackling on my part? I'm using the defensive assist but it doesn't seem like it's helping much.

Also, when the CPU QB starts to scramble, my defense won't react at all until he passes the LOS, and I even have the adjustment set to aggressive to let go of the WRs and go after the QB. Even when I designate a LB as a QB spy, the QB will still manage to burn through my defense. Any thoughts there?
NBA: THUNDER

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »