Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #2689
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideout1234
Im about 5 games in my Michigan Dynasty and all though I have had good games, even with my QBA at 0 I still tend to throw for 300yrds, and 70% a game. I don't use any of the cheese plays like 4 verts or those comebacks. Gardner get hot and he becomes a complete monster. Also my run game has been shut down some games and others it has been way too easy. I just rushed for 200+ against Minnesota. Lastly I feel like with the INT up so high for USER it kils the cpu's offense some games. I have their acc at 10 but even then if they make a mistake its a pick automatically. My team is getting like 2 a game. Ive been using the updated sliders too btw with the coach sliders too.
I know zero sounds like the obvious answer - but try it more at 5. I too love zero - but I've seen better defense by the CPU with QBA @ 5 and WRC @ 5. For some reason the CPU defense tends to 'perceive' that they don't have to defend a zero rated anything. This is why, I believe, that QBA @ 5 and WRC @ 5 tends to produce a more 'active' CPU defense.

Try it out - that's what I did last night on twitch because I felt that WRC @ zero was offering even better catches than the previous 20 - definitely odd. I do still need to test RBL @ 5 for HUM as well. I just believe that anything @ zero tends to negate or 'cancel out' certain slider values. Of course I could be way out.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #2690
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yea ill give 5 another go later for ACC and Catching. Ill post my results
Washington Redskins
Chris Paul & John Wall
Old 08-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #2691
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Here we go. I want you guys to test some games with these. This is exactly what I have been looking for. Not super accurate QBs - good run game - different as well. Curls are not automatic, neither are comeback routes. You might still see the DB drop back too far (sprint away) on occasion - but definitely not as much when it comes to those comeback routes. CPU QB is also misfiring at times - and ratings are really starting to come int play between them. That was the biggest reason I decided to update again. I wanted to get the CPU QB to play like a Human and the Human play less like the CPU.

I am updating the OP as well with the following:

HUMPreviousCPUPrevious
QBA5555
PBL10103040
WRC0203545
RBA30304030
RBL002520
PCV01000
INT75708080
RDEF75658070
TAK35506595
Coaching OFF: (both HUM and CPU) default as long as not below 50/50; DEF: (both) 50/50

Changes explained: Keep in mind that this was tested with the above settings only - so make sure before providing feedback, that the settings are exact. I can't explain why something is how it is if I've never experienced it myself.

QBA: from 5/5 to stay @ 5/5
This will stay @ 5. I know we tried zero, but it felt forced. I loved the velocity of passes - but the CPU would make very passive decisions despite changes to coaching aggression. The trick with 5 is to get the "supporting cast" to cooperate.

PBL: from 10/40 to 10/30
Part of the supporting cast. This is what brings the passing together. Less time - more throws, and more forced throws. I was incorrect in stating that more time in pocket meant more time to screw up - the minute I realized that, again, things started to match up. CPU QB will still throw those quick passes - but your defense will be ready as long as coaching sliders are not in the negative, i.e 40/60 or 45/55 as a lot of roster makers have unfortunately been mislead into doing.

WRC: from 20/45 to 0/35
Part of the supporting cast. WRC was too high for the CPU; but more importantly for the Hum as well because those curl routes and comeback routes were being "over-aggressively" defended. This is why you saw DBs completely over run the play in the air - allowing WR to get the ball and walk into the endzone. Not to say this won't still happen on occasion (especially on broken passing plays), but it's not as bad as before. Remember to stick to the safe 50/50 DEF coaching here as well. Lastly, WR's will drop the ball. It is bound to happen in college football. You might even see wide open drops - but still, it's not as bad as on 30 WRC for CPU.

RBA: from 30/30 to 30/40
Just a balance of what we already know that RBA is not to be too high because you get zig zag running where the RB makes unecessary jukes in the open field. This setting also helps the acceleration to be realistic and blocks to be there in position to support draw plays, etc.

RBL: from 0/20 to 0/25
When we started this, RBL @ zero was obvious - but the push in the OL was still drastic enough that we needed RBK edits for OL. Now, I can say it's not needed. Along with RDEF - RBL works well for the CPU and with the need of a "slower" RBA, naturally the best tweak would be RBL higher than 20 - think it's perfect there.

PCV: from 10/0 to 0/0
Simply just doesn't do anything. No point in using it. INT slider seems to do the coverage job just fine.

INT: from 70/80 to 75/80
As mentioned above, INT is also the coverage slider. So raising it past 50 is key because now you don't get the stops by DBs or LBs when the receiver is making a cut in their route, etc. You do get some slight mirroring - but I think we've got in on point where there is a realistic look to it. This is one area that can use tweaking as I am still seeing the occasional DB over-running play; mainly on comeback routes; but not all the time and usually by a low AWR corner. Don't hold me to it though as that will be taken as a game by game basis.

RDEF: from 65/70 to 75/80
Anytime TAK is lowered; RDEF has to be raised. The reason for this is because TAK works as the pursuit slider as well as the effectiveness in tackling. Drop it too far and you get poor pursuit angles and even worse, poor run defense.

TAK: from 50/95 to 35/65
Very significant difference from what was there before. Having a lower TAK, as mentioned above, allows the game to not only tighten up; but allow the INT slider to do it's work at the "higher" value - thus coverage is better and the anticipated reaction by the DB is to swat or tackle - not just go for a INT everytime.
Are these the changes everyone is currently using? And the coaching aggression is at 50/50 now? Just trying to keep up with what others are trying. I haven't played since my post two nights ago about making my defense looser. Really enjoying the games but do want my defense to be less stifling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #2692
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelphreak
Are these the changes everyone is currently using? And the coaching aggression is at 50/50 now? Just trying to keep up with what others are trying. I haven't played since my post two nights ago about making my defense looser. Really enjoying the games but do want my defense to be less stifling.
Yes, also having some guys test all American/heisman split. Def @ 50/50 has made defense pretty stout but also more realistic imho.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #2693
Rookie

OVR: 0

i will note 1 thing here.

I play as western michigan university. They are not good. im in my 4th season, and this entire season i've used the latest sliders (posted in the OP) and i am ranked first in the ncaa in rushing defense through week 6. that cant be right. I think somehow the CPU run game may need to be upgraded? Of course this could just be me.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:20 PM   #2694
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate94gt
i will note 1 thing here.

I play as western michigan university. They are not good. im in my 4th season, and this entire season i've used the latest sliders (posted in the OP) and i am ranked first in the ncaa in rushing defense through week 6. that cant be right. I think somehow the CPU run game may need to be upgraded? Of course this could just be me.
Simple fix lower redef for user and raise Rbl for CPU. I play 10 mins now so CPU has more time to establish the running game.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #2695
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

Thanks Matt. Kicking off unc at s. carolina right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2013, 11:20 PM   #2696
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

Ok that game was awesome. I lost 35-31. It was thrilling to be in such a dog fight.

First half I threw 3 picks because I was making throws I was able to get away with with the other settings. One was a pick 6. The CPU run game had legitimate teeth. Gave up a 38yd TD run and sc's top runner averaged 5ypc.

I completed 67% and CPU came in at 65%

Offensively, running was a little more challenging and pass coverage forced me to be smart with my throws. These changes have sufficiently addressed the only issues I was having with this set. Despite losing, or perhaps because I lost, that was e most fun I've had with this game yet. Unless something changes I'm done tinkering. Y'all have made the game play awesome. Appreciate it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »