Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2014, 11:07 PM   #3489
Just started!

Ro@stedBoltzFan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

I'm looking forward to trying out the updated Heisman set(5/6). I played probaby around 18 games or so (Heisman) and really enjoyed them. I also would like to add that I only play COACH MODE. These sliders brought the players ratings to life! I tried several other coach mode sets and this by far is the best (Most Sim). Looking forward to starting a dynasty!

NCAA 14 is resurrected again!
Old 05-07-2014, 11:27 AM   #3490
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp18
I wasn't going to post until the game was over but mid 3rd quarter at lsu. My first drive went 17 plays 77 yards. 11-48 rushing 4/6-29 passing up 7-0 thinking what the heck.....as it turns out im down 13-7 have ran 28 plays since for 56 yards talk about a stingy d. Im holding my own but my d is starting to get pretty red needing some playmakers to step up.
Sounds good there - how'd the game finish? I didn't get any gaming in last night unfortunately. Will probably sneak some in at lunch though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro@stedBoltzFan
I'm looking forward to trying out the updated Heisman set(5/6). I played probaby around 18 games or so (Heisman) and really enjoyed them. I also would like to add that I only play COACH MODE. These sliders brought the players ratings to life! I tried several other coach mode sets and this by far is the best (Most Sim). Looking forward to starting a dynasty!

NCAA 14 is resurrected again!
Good to hear that Coach Mode works with these as well - thanks, man. Looking forward to reading more of your thoughts and games!
Old 05-07-2014, 12:24 PM   #3491
MVP

jp18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Sounds good there - how'd the game finish? I didn't get any gaming in last night unfortunately. Will probably sneak some in at lunch though.

Good to hear that Coach Mode works with these as well - thanks, man. Looking forward to reading more of your thoughts and games!
I actually ended up losing 20-10 I ended up really needing to throw in the 4th quarter the plays were there in tight windows but lsu's defensive front had me scrambling constantly and what routes I thought were going to be open based on coverage were covered I just didnt read the defense effectively enough. Passing I was 11/21-129 1int there defense really changed it up after I started 4/6. They were 13/23-177 1td they basically only threw when they had to. Rushing osu 22-86 1td I did next to nothing after the first drive. Lsu you went 33-133 1td. Game was a nice defensive grind it out game I played pretty well but out manned in the fronts and didnt take enough "shots" to win the game. Everything looked and felt good only thing of notice was mettenberger seemed to throw the ball away rather quickly with none of my d line in his face. I might look in to the international grounding slider for the heck of it otherwise I think that cpu blocking at 30 is golden. I had 1 sack and pressured them 8 times. My oline was dominated and going through the ratings I have 2 guys with low 90 ratings watching it back they played well my 82 rated rg was destroyed by there 94 dt where most of the pressure originated from along with my 84 rt against there 92 de makes sense given the ratings. They had 3 sacks but when I counted pressures it was up at 21 which is with the scrambles added in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 05:16 PM   #3492
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp18
I actually ended up losing 20-10 I ended up really needing to throw in the 4th quarter the plays were there in tight windows but lsu's defensive front had me scrambling constantly and what routes I thought were going to be open based on coverage were covered I just didnt read the defense effectively enough. Passing I was 11/21-129 1int there defense really changed it up after I started 4/6. They were 13/23-177 1td they basically only threw when they had to. Rushing osu 22-86 1td I did next to nothing after the first drive. Lsu you went 33-133 1td. Game was a nice defensive grind it out game I played pretty well but out manned in the fronts and didnt take enough "shots" to win the game. Everything looked and felt good only thing of notice was mettenberger seemed to throw the ball away rather quickly with none of my d line in his face. I might look in to the international grounding slider for the heck of it otherwise I think that cpu blocking at 30 is golden. I had 1 sack and pressured them 8 times. My oline was dominated and going through the ratings I have 2 guys with low 90 ratings watching it back they played well my 82 rated rg was destroyed by there 94 dt where most of the pressure originated from along with my 84 rt against there 92 de makes sense given the ratings. They had 3 sacks but when I counted pressures it was up at 21 which is with the scrambles added in.
That's not bad at all. I'm learning to really have to make smart decisions. Throwing deep is not as easy as it used to be - even with QBA @ 10 - if a man is covered, be careful - passing is not automatic. I'm finding I have to find my 2nd and 3rd reads so much faster - and when I lock on to a receiver and force it - I'm punished.

Love the defensive side of your game - that is good stuff - I also want to hear about the YAC if you could. I've noticed a lot more YAC after the catch in the Heisman set than before - which really has made me feel better about the slider set on Heisman, there is just that open play factor that anything can happen.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:27 PM   #3493
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7

Great job on the sliders. I've had 2 instant classics! I love the running gm, you've really nailed the ball carrier defense interaction. Fast backs feel fast, power backs bust through arm tackles. A thing of beauty. Thanks for all your work. I will post some stats eventually. I made a few tweaks. I'll post later.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:39 PM   #3494
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahswill
Great job on the sliders. I've had 2 instant classics! I love the running gm, you've really nailed the ball carrier defense interaction. Fast backs feel fast, power backs bust through arm tackles. A thing of beauty. Thanks for all your work. I will post some stats eventually. I made a few tweaks. I'll post later.
Great to hear, man. Yeah that was the key is to get the running game going - which will also make the receivers react the same way. You see more gang tackling from all direction with the physics, which also allows the players in open space to have a chance to make things happen.

Looking forward to seeing stats and your tweaks!
Old 05-07-2014, 07:51 PM   #3495
MVP

jp18's Arena

Quote:
That's not bad at all. I'm learning to really have to make smart decisions. Throwing deep is not as easy as it used to be - even with QBA @ 10 - if a man is covered, be careful - passing is not automatic. I'm finding I have to find my 2nd and 3rd reads so much faster - and when I lock on to a receiver and force it - I'm punished.

Love the defensive side of your game - that is good stuff - I also want to hear about the YAC if you could. I've noticed a lot more YAC after the catch in the Heisman set than before - which really has made me feel better about the slider set on Heisman, there is just that open play factor that anything can happen.
I went back and looked at the stats of the lsu you as a team I had 44 yac rushing and 57 recieving yac. Lsu rushing was 66 pretty realistic i would think with there 3 backs and 72 yac recieving.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 07:58 PM   #3496
MVP

jp18's Arena

Quote:

I went back and looked at the stats of the lsu you as a team I had 44 yac rushing and 57 recieving yac. Lsu rushing was 66 pretty realistic i would think with there 3 backs and 72 yac recieving. I am to also loving the passing side of it I like the fact that I have to actually read a defense and make quick decisions as per real life. I have learned a lot about always looking 1st and second read and use my peripheral vision to eye both 3rd and checkdown at the same time in the same area based on coverage and even then I either take a sack or chuck it out of bounds you will definitely lose if you play sloppy ball and dont have a stout d to back it up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »