Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2014, 01:54 AM   #3513
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinemaniac
playing with michigan Devin gardner has a QBA of 89 and I started off 2/11 ended up like 8/22 so I wouldnt say user passing is too easy. The cpu on the other hand is like freakin robo qb last game I played central michigans qb was like 32/44 they had 1 drop and 0 turnovers I have like 7 drops, 2 picks 3 fumbles.

Edit: this is with the Heisman set btw
Thanks, wolves - good to see you. Would you say the receivers are just getting open easier - or is the CPU really completing perfect passes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJCOreo
This game was a bit unique. I was very selective any time I passed because it WAS so hard for me to complete anything in the beginning. I began the game with Wood and made the switch because I discovered his THA was a 70. Webb began a little rough as well but I was a bit more careful with him than I was with Wood which is why the completion percentage may be a bit high.

However, the computer made me pay if I made a questionable throw as you can probably tell by the 3 picks. That's definitely something the CPU does a ton, getting picks. Less deflections and more picks. Although, I feel like it's only if you are using an inferior quarterback will the picks become more prevalent, if that makes any sense.

As far as finding players open? Not a chance. I had to time the throws on everything (anticipation routes) and my picks were due to me timing a throw I perceived would be open pre-snap and the CPU either fools me into the throw or recovers super-fast. I'll play another game soon and keep an eye out for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's good to hear. Looking forward to your next game and seeing what comes about. I'm still tweaking some things and so far it's looking a little more natural. Bear with me!
Old 05-13-2014, 09:41 AM   #3514
MVP

jp18's Arena

OVR: 0

I finally got a game in.....took the buckeyes into Bryant-Denny stadium and I was competitive for all of 6 minutes of the game. I started off 3/3 27 yards and proceeded to go 4/14 40 yards the rest of the game. My run game never had a chance 23-60 and I ended up losing 38-3. Alabama passing 21/27-343 3tds 77 yac yards. Rushing 41-223 2tds 103 yac yards I could not stop a running back for the life of me they totaled 15 broken tackles but I ending up counting 37 on the playback. My passing looks skewed mainly because of pressure I dont recall 1drop back where I could even read the defense so I was basically throwing blindly. I had guys open in windows but I could never get the ball to them. My o-line just seemed to fall apart and never gave my freshman qb a chance to really get to the first read. Running was hit or miss I tried to play power with power and I ran into the problem of just trying to line up and run it and that just doesn't happen all to often on a good sec defense and certainly not on a great one. With that said Stanford up next gona be another tough one.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:01 AM   #3515
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Thanks, wolves - good to see you. Would you say the receivers are just getting open easier - or is the CPU really completing perfect passes?

That's good to hear. Looking forward to your next game and seeing what comes about. I'm still tweaking some things and so far it's looking a little more natural. Bear with me!

YW Matt, Good to see you too bro. I will play a few more games later tonight and let ya know for sure, my guys were definitely having a hard time covering the recievers as well but the qb was putting the ball on the money pretty much every pass. Ill look closer later. Glad to see you are back and active!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2014, 11:15 AM   #3516
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders (FINAL VERSION)

First time playing with these sliders has been overall very good. My only critique so far is too many user team sacks, but that seems to be tied more to the CPU QB's tendency to scramble right into the pass rush too often. I'll post stats later when I have time to actually finish a game.

And thanks!
Old 05-13-2014, 01:35 PM   #3517
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp18
I finally got a game in.....took the buckeyes into Bryant-Denny stadium and I was competitive for all of 6 minutes of the game. I started off 3/3 27 yards and proceeded to go 4/14 40 yards the rest of the game. My run game never had a chance 23-60 and I ended up losing 38-3. Alabama passing 21/27-343 3tds 77 yac yards. Rushing 41-223 2tds 103 yac yards I could not stop a running back for the life of me they totaled 15 broken tackles but I ending up counting 37 on the playback. My passing looks skewed mainly because of pressure I dont recall 1drop back where I could even read the defense so I was basically throwing blindly. I had guys open in windows but I could never get the ball to them. My o-line just seemed to fall apart and never gave my freshman qb a chance to really get to the first read. Running was hit or miss I tried to play power with power and I ran into the problem of just trying to line up and run it and that just doesn't happen all to often on a good sec defense and certainly not on a great one. With that said Stanford up next gona be another tough one.
Well, it's good the run game was stuffed as it should against Bama. The issue seems to be that their running game was overly dominant and your passing was non-existant. I imagine you have your team OVR pretty high, right?

Quote:
YW Matt, Good to see you too bro. I will play a few more games later tonight and let ya know for sure, my guys were definitely having a hard time covering the recievers as well but the qb was putting the ball on the money pretty much every pass. Ill look closer later. Glad to see you are back and active!
Yeah, QB putting the ball on the money is my area to improve actually. I like to see those bad passes that turn into catches - and I think I've got it where I want now. Will keep updated when I get off work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
First time playing with these sliders has been overall very good. My only critique so far is too many user team sacks, but that seems to be tied more to the CPU QB's tendency to scramble right into the pass rush too often. I'll post stats later when I have time to actually finish a game.

And thanks!
Yeah, those user sacks will come. The CPU QB's love their scrambles. I'm still playing with that aspect as well though - version 2 of these sliders should address, yet challenge, users for an overall different feel - and realistic stats - for gameplay's sake.

Just trying to validate the gameplay with the stats. Before, I had validated the gameplay for what it was - i.e. interaction, movement, etc - now I'm trying to get the stats more on point with what we see IRL. It doesn't seem like it's too far from reaching that either believe it or not. I am actually focusing on penalty sliders as well too in order to help the DB/WR interactions.

Thanks again, guys - I definitely am full on NCAA 14 mode. In other news, I'm working on my Oregon St. report and trying to get 2014-15 rosters into my 2nd season (simmed 1st) using the editor. It's been a fun time.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:35 PM   #3518
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders (FINAL VERSION)

Okay, first full game: Iowa at Penn State(me). Led 14-13 at the end of the half in an expectedly even matchup, then their offense exploded in the second half. Found myself trailing 34-20 early in the 4th quarter and rallied to close the gap on back-to-back TD drives 34-34. Forced an Iowa punt and got the ball near my own 35 with 53 ticks left on the clock and drove for a GW 40 yard field goal as time expired - it was a good game.

Total plays: Iowa- 60, PSU - 60

Passing: Iowa - 20/29 361 3 TD; Penn State - 20/28 228 2 TD

(Iowa did a lot better than they should have passing, but I made three crucial mistakes trying to user defend deep passes which all went for big gains)

Rushing: Iowa-30 for 95 PSU- 31 for 195

(These numbers include lost sack yardage; I broke a 75 yard touchdown as part of my comeback effort, so take that outlier away and you have pretty even rushing numbers)

5 PSU sacks, 2 Iowa sacks

3 PSU punts, 2 Iowa punts
Old 05-13-2014, 05:32 PM   #3519
Rookie

OVR: 2

Get off work already Matt :P
Old 05-13-2014, 07:25 PM   #3520
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
Okay, first full game: Iowa at Penn State(me). Led 14-13 at the end of the half in an expectedly even matchup, then their offense exploded in the second half. Found myself trailing 34-20 early in the 4th quarter and rallied to close the gap on back-to-back TD drives 34-34. Forced an Iowa punt and got the ball near my own 35 with 53 ticks left on the clock and drove for a GW 40 yard field goal as time expired - it was a good game.

Total plays: Iowa- 60, PSU - 60

Passing: Iowa - 20/29 361 3 TD; Penn State - 20/28 228 2 TD

(Iowa did a lot better than they should have passing, but I made three crucial mistakes trying to user defend deep passes which all went for big gains)

Rushing: Iowa-30 for 95 PSU- 31 for 195

(These numbers include lost sack yardage; I broke a 75 yard touchdown as part of my comeback effort, so take that outlier away and you have pretty even rushing numbers)

5 PSU sacks, 2 Iowa sacks

3 PSU punts, 2 Iowa punts
Not bad - those passing completions are high though. I'm not home yet so still waiting to looking into it.

Quote:
Get off work already Matt :P
Yeah, no joke. The one late night I have. I'm glad others are active and trying it. Want to make sure I'm not the only one experiencing certain things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »