Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2014, 09:47 PM   #3497
MVP

jp18's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Took the buckeyes in to Berkeley stadium and walked out a 35-3 winner, toughest blowout victory I've ever had. Started off playing some horrid football. Started 1/7 passing with an int . My defense wasn't much better the hurry up was kicking my tail but in the end I adjusted and made cal use more time. My run game eventually wore them down in the 4th where a lot of yards came but the game was in hand by then so these stats are a little misleading. Total yards 420-303. I ended up going 8/15-97 1td 1int cal sold out to stop the pass and I eventually just quit throwing every coverage I guessed was pretty spot on I was just to hesitant to throw in the windows. Cal went 28/43-216 3ints. I played a lot of deep zones with some man mixed in to keep it honest but I sure covered the deep ball forcing them to throw short and rally to the ball they did have 19 first downs and moved the ball well until Goff started feeling the pressure. Osu went 32-323 3tds in the rushing department Hyde was an animal but at least 125 of those were in the 4th where I just broke a few long runs while cal's d was done for. Cal was 30-87 I really had to focus on stopping the run to make them one dimensional at first I wasn't planning on playing it honest and I found out real quick dime and quarter means an immediate audible to run, I ultimately stayed in a hybrid nickel to at least contain it. Story of the game once again my playmakers made the plays. Cal's 3 ints came as the backbreakers the 1st was at my 35 on a corner route that shazier had just enough of a lead to take it back and the other 2 were 1st and goals at my 5 and both caused by hits on the qb (awesome animations these were). Cal 1/4 in the red zone. They also controlled the ball longer 19:18 to 16:42 which is rare given my ground and pound style. Yac yards for cal rushing 51 receiving 81. Osu yac rushing 49 recieving 24.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:29 PM   #3498
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Nice jp. Looks like you had to work hard for that victory - and yeah, the score is definitely misleading. I think those YAC stats are spot on as well. I like that CAL still seemingly put up a fight - but just couldn't get in the endzone - and like you said those turnovers killed them. Love that the CPU can actually show they're human with the mistakes now.

So I played a great play now game with my Oregon St Beavers at home against #14 Miami. Won 31-28 to the gw field goal as time expired.

Their QB was throwing darts, but also showed nerves when I pressured - which caused an early pick - but since then he was finding his receivers. Something very much consistent with NCAA 14 is that when you have speedy receivers, you will be successful - just depends if they can catch or not - and Miami had that. I was down 14-7 going into the 4th and managed to put up 24 points to their additonal 14. I focused on what I was doing wrong, and that was trying to throw the long ball, so I did what Williams was doing and find those quick short outlets - Connor Hamlett primarily but so was Richard Mullaney later on. Once I did that I started to get into a rhythm.

The big play of the game was when it was 21-28, i'm losing - and I needed to charge down the field for 60 yards. Ended up throwing a stupid pick, so they got it on my 30 yard line, 3 mins remaining.

Williams tosses to Duke Johnson Jr. - great blocking set up, except for senior LB Jabral Johnson comes racing in - big hit on the Miami RB - fumbles, and my LE Lavonte Barnett picks it up and takes it to the house for the score - now 28-28. (got an A++ on the home grade btw, never seen that)

Momentum is all mine now, and sure enough - Ryan Williams tries to throw a bomb against my freshman CB Dashon Hunt against their speedster Stacy Coley. Coley has a big jump and big lead - but the ball is severly underthrown, and Hunt is in the right spot (oddly enough) to catch it. He doesn't return it more than 1 yard though because he runs sideways to open field, but Coley shoe-laces him before any kind of return could occur.

From there, it was under 2:24 on the clock. Big screen pass to Woods from Mannion, 31 yards and out of bounds. Little dink and dunk passes from there, and last pass of the game was to Villamin (great animation here because he was just finishing his cut inside as the ball was thrown so he looked off guard, but snagged it out of the air) for 23 yards.

Couple rushes to kill the clock till 2 secs - field goal unit, frozen by the Canes - no problem, it's a chip shot - good = WIN.

Here are the stats:

Miami (FL) Hurricanes at Oregon State Beavers
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
#14 Miami (FL) Hurricanes ()7701428
Oregon State Beavers ()0072431
Team Stats Comparison
MIAORST
Total Offense447408
Rushing Yards2085
Passing Yards427323
First Downs1421
Punt Return Yards99
Kick Return Yards10366
Total Yards559483
Turnovers4 (3 INT, 1 fum)1 INT
3rd Down Converstion5-9 (55%)6-13 (46%)
4th Down Conversion0-00-0
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2-2-03-2-1
Penalties0-00-0
Posession Time15:1820:42
Miami (FL) Hurricanes
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Ryan Williams25/3342743
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Duke Johnson Jr.11393.50
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Clive Walford816220.22
Stacy Coley47218.02
Herb Waters68414.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Denzel Perryman7000
Rayshawn Jenkins6010
Oregon State Beavers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Sean Mannion26/4032311
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Storm Woods22823.70
Terron Ward6183.02
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Connor Hamlett79613.70
Richard Mullaney68113.51
Storm Woods33612.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Joel Skotte8000
Lavonte Barnett3201

Last edited by Matt10; 05-08-2014 at 02:26 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:04 PM   #3499
MVP

jp18's Arena

Awesome matt! I think you are spot on about the momentum par, you can definitely tell who has it and it changes the game in a great way. Im liking the way your stats are also and what a finish. I really like the part about how you changed up what is not working to make something else work, a lot of players just say its simply to hard but yet while switching things up you go in and win a game that you were shut out at halftime. Definitely looks like there were some explosive plays thats what I've been trying to get to win the big games. Im not sure if I buy into the whole style of play between different sim players if these sliders are played the way they are supposed to be (minus read option which against a good defense is not a given) we all run the same plays and see the same things at some point, its more up to the user to adjust with it still all being within the ratings. Maybe im not that good but even in those wins it always kept me thinking and with the loss I was overmatched but still had a shot by playing smart football. Really have to work to your teams strengths and your user strengths. My passing isn't great so I try to pound it and throw just enough to keep myself in the game and try to play some great defense. With these if I were ever to get in a shootout I would be in trouble. I was hoping for a national title run and really thought I was going to get there and after the first game realized i dont have the skill players or lines for it and my pass game would have to carry me at some point. Then came the lsu game and in 40 minutes those chances slimmed down a whole bunch with Alabama and Stanford on the schedule yet. Awesome stuff I've got bama up next going to have to find a pass game and play some perfect ball.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:37 PM   #3500
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp18
Awesome matt! I think you are spot on about the momentum par, you can definitely tell who has it and it changes the game in a great way. Im liking the way your stats are also and what a finish. I really like the part about how you changed up what is not working to make something else work, a lot of players just say its simply to hard but yet while switching things up you go in and win a game that you were shut out at halftime. Definitely looks like there were some explosive plays thats what I've been trying to get to win the big games. Im not sure if I buy into the whole style of play between different sim players if these sliders are played the way they are supposed to be (minus read option which against a good defense is not a given) we all run the same plays and see the same things at some point, its more up to the user to adjust with it still all being within the ratings. Maybe im not that good but even in those wins it always kept me thinking and with the loss I was overmatched but still had a shot by playing smart football. Really have to work to your teams strengths and your user strengths. My passing isn't great so I try to pound it and throw just enough to keep myself in the game and try to play some great defense. With these if I were ever to get in a shootout I would be in trouble. I was hoping for a national title run and really thought I was going to get there and after the first game realized i dont have the skill players or lines for it and my pass game would have to carry me at some point. Then came the lsu game and in 40 minutes those chances slimmed down a whole bunch with Alabama and Stanford on the schedule yet. Awesome stuff I've got bama up next going to have to find a pass game and play some perfect ball.
Yeah, my passing is pretty bad - I mean I document it through my reporting - most people already know my passing is not good. This is why I like to read other's posts about their experience with sliders because they are probably better passers than I am.

I also have been allowing the receiver run automatically versus me controlling - kind of cool to see the type of animations that come out.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:35 PM   #3501
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Yeah, my passing is pretty bad - I mean I document it through my reporting - most people already know my passing is not good. This is why I like to read other's posts about their experience with sliders because they are probably better passers than I am.

I also have been allowing the receiver run automatically versus me controlling - kind of cool to see the type of animations that come out.

I have absolutely shredded the teams I faced in my offline USF dynasty. I'll play another game to see if the third time is the charm but, if not, I'll post stats from all three games to show what they looked like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2014, 08:10 PM   #3502
MVP

jp18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJCOreo
I have absolutely shredded the teams I faced in my offline USF dynasty. I'll play another game to see if the third time is the charm but, if not, I'll post stats from all three games to show what they looked like.

Any tips? Lol my recievers at ohio st have decent ratings but dont seem to get much seperation against the good to great defenses....now against the umass' s of the world I can get what I want if im not greedy but the coverage is still decent which is a good thing....are you seeing guys running wide open or you just that good at hitting the guy with the small windows? My big deal is my freshman qb with 73 acc makes me a little hesitant to wing it I dont think I've ever played with a qb in any football game that is accurate maybe thats why I throw for 150 a game.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:28 PM   #3503
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJCOreo

This would also be a good opportunity to see how you play if HFA is on. I think the verdict is still out on how much impact that makes or not.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:04 PM   #3504
Rookie

OVR: 2
NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp18
Any tips? Lol my recievers at ohio st have decent ratings but dont seem to get much seperation against the good to great defenses....now against the umass' s of the world I can get what I want if im not greedy but the coverage is still decent which is a good thing....are you seeing guys running wide open or you just that good at hitting the guy with the small windows? My big deal is my freshman qb with 73 acc makes me a little hesitant to wing it I dont think I've ever played with a qb in any football game that is accurate maybe thats why I throw for 150 a game.

I'm in year three of my USF dynasty and I managed to recruit a highly touted QB who was (amazingly) unrecruited by other schools. This is even with the restrictions I place on myself in recruiting. Point being, my QB is 94 OVR as a true sophomore, so no major QB issues on my roster. I'm not sure if this is what's creating the disparity. I do, however, have problems at WR. My highest rated WR is an 86 OVR possession receiver and he is the only receiver on my roster rated in the 80s. Even worse, he's a senior, so I'll lose him after the season. Point being, with a lack of depth at receiver, my QB should be struggling. I dunno, maybe I am good at timing the throws or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
This would also be a good opportunity to see how you play if HFA is on. I think the verdict is still out on how much impact that makes or not.

I don't play with HFA on but I'll try it out if you like.

Last edited by MrJCOreo; 05-09-2014 at 10:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »