Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2014, 03:40 PM   #3529
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinemaniac
thanks post it up im ready for some testing haha ill be home from the Gym in about 2 hours
Here are the tentative changes - need about 5 more games to test - mainly to penalty sliders, parentheses indicate settings before change:

edit: I forgot - I changed HFA to ON. I started to see a lot of similar games where they were too close for comfort/realism. Using WKU against Stanford, I shouldn't be neck and neck with them - it should be a blow out. So, this is optional - but to get more of what I'm working - this is important. I've updated the OP to reflect changes as well.

Offsides: 75 (50)
*Seeing a variety of animations by the defensive line. It might even prompt me to increase PBL a tad for the User.
False Start: 60 (50)
*In hopes of more penalties called. Need more of that to contribute to the momentum of the game.
Holding: 50 - no change

Facemask: 54 (50)
*more facemasks called.

Off Pass Int: 100 (50)
Def Pass Int: 25 (50)
*I want the receivers to be less open - but when they do get open, I want there to be someone near by - either a blocking WR/TE/OL or a defensive player. Seeing more pass deflections as well - combined with the PCV change below - it's starting to get real physical as well.

KR/PR: 30 (50)
*Lowering KR/PR has helped the defense be more aggressive because that is what was lacking with the passing game - and sometimes the running game.

Clipping: 40 (50)
*I noticed that this penalty was called the most - so I wanted to see how the blocking improved with it lower - and it has helped the downfield blocking. The CPU really takes advantage of the blocks now.
Int Grounding: 35 (70)
*Lowering allows the CPU QBs to make better decisions. They will not run straight into the OL/DL as much now.
Roughing the Passer: 50
Roughing the Kicker: 50

User/CPU:

QBA - 5/20
PBL - 10/30
WRC - 45/40
RBA - 75/80 (70)
*CPU RBA bumped up because I saw too many jukes at the wrong time on 70. 80 seems to promote the interaction to happen at the right time - so the animation is realistic to what is around the ball carrier. Open field juking is a problem on higher RBA levels - so I'm trying to combat that here.

RBL - 0 (5)/0 (10)
*Going to a zero mentality here to get some better animations. In addition, I am seeing better blocking down the field - so it's not about bad tackling - more about good blocks up field by the WR or TE's to spring a speedy back loose for big gains.

PCV - 0 (85)/0 (95)
*I'm letting the threshold and penalty sliders take control here. With the OPI @ 100 - the WR's are less wide open - and it also allows the DBs to be more physical in the air - so more pass deflections as a result.

INT - 30/25
RDEF - 30/100

TAK - 55 (35)/65 (45)
*increased tackling to compensate for higher RBA - in addition to seeing more fumbles and better pursuit angles. This actually results in more open play and realistic gains because the pursuit angles are taken towards the blocker - it's just a matter of the player's ratings kicking in for him to shed the block or not.

Last edited by Matt10; 05-14-2014 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:32 PM   #3530
Rookie

Colts06XLI's Arena

OVR: 3

Matt, what do you have holding set at? Thanks
Old 05-14-2014, 05:55 PM   #3531
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts06XLI
Matt, what do you have holding set at? Thanks
Woops, 50. no change. sorry!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2014, 05:56 PM   #3532
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Bump from previous page - and OP is updated for tentative change 5/14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Here are the tentative changes - need about 5 more games to test - mainly to penalty sliders, parentheses indicate settings before change:

edit: I forgot - I changed HFA to ON. I started to see a lot of similar games where they were too close for comfort/realism. Using WKU against Stanford, I shouldn't be neck and neck with them - it should be a blow out. So, this is optional - but to get more of what I'm working - this is important. I've updated the OP to reflect changes as well.

Offsides: 75 (50)
*Seeing a variety of animations by the defensive line. It might even prompt me to increase PBL a tad for the User.
False Start: 60 (50)
*In hopes of more penalties called. Need more of that to contribute to the momentum of the game.
Holding: 50 - no change

Facemask: 54 (50)
*more facemasks called.

Off Pass Int: 100 (50)
Def Pass Int: 25 (50)
*I want the receivers to be less open - but when they do get open, I want there to be someone near by - either a blocking WR/TE/OL or a defensive player. Seeing more pass deflections as well - combined with the PCV change below - it's starting to get real physical as well.

KR/PR: 30 (50)
*Lowering KR/PR has helped the defense be more aggressive because that is what was lacking with the passing game - and sometimes the running game.

Clipping: 40 (50)
*I noticed that this penalty was called the most - so I wanted to see how the blocking improved with it lower - and it has helped the downfield blocking. The CPU really takes advantage of the blocks now.
Int Grounding: 35 (70)
*Lowering allows the CPU QBs to make better decisions. They will not run straight into the OL/DL as much now.
Roughing the Passer: 50
Roughing the Kicker: 50

User/CPU:

QBA - 5/20
PBL - 10/30
WRC - 45/40
RBA - 75/80 (70)
*CPU RBA bumped up because I saw too many jukes at the wrong time on 70. 80 seems to promote the interaction to happen at the right time - so the animation is realistic to what is around the ball carrier. Open field juking is a problem on higher RBA levels - so I'm trying to combat that here.

RBL - 0 (5)/0 (10)
*Going to a zero mentality here to get some better animations. In addition, I am seeing better blocking down the field - so it's not about bad tackling - more about good blocks up field by the WR or TE's to spring a speedy back loose for big gains.

PCV - 0 (85)/0 (95)
*I'm letting the threshold and penalty sliders take control here. With the OPI @ 100 - the WR's are less wide open - and it also allows the DBs to be more physical in the air - so more pass deflections as a result.

INT - 30/25
RDEF - 30/100

TAK - 55 (35)/65 (45)
*increased tackling to compensate for higher RBA - in addition to seeing more fumbles and better pursuit angles. This actually results in more open play and realistic gains because the pursuit angles are taken towards the blocker - it's just a matter of the player's ratings kicking in for him to shed the block or not.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:02 PM   #3533
MVP

jp18's Arena

OVR: 0

Got them plugged in and ready to go, started a new dynasty with my powerhouse syracuse (sarcasm) program first game up penn state at happy valley hf is turned on for this one should be a good test!
Old 05-14-2014, 09:28 PM   #3534
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp18
Got them plugged in and ready to go, started a new dynasty with my powerhouse syracuse (sarcasm) program first game up penn state at happy valley hf is turned on for this one should be a good test!
Fantastic - looking forward to reading results.

As for me, I"m about to get deep into my Oregon St dynasty report - finally! Successfully imported players from the 14/15 roster into the 2nd season!
Old 05-14-2014, 10:55 PM   #3535
MVP

jp18's Arena

OVR: 0

Well game is over and after each teams first to drives I thought it was going to be a 60-57 type of game however final syracuse 21 penn state 14. Penn st. First drive was 3 plays 63 yards in 36 seconds to go up 7-0 I responded with a 9 play 67 yard drive capped off by a Jerome Smith 23 yard run. Penn state came right back on a 4 play 44 yard drive on a 36 yard td by Allen Robinson in a mere 33 seconds. The defenses then settled in trading 3 and outs and short drives until syracuse put up a 16 play 86 yard drive right before half to tie it at 14 where imo I gained all the momentum. I got the ball to start the 3rd and went on a 12 play 57 yard drive that ended with a qb sneak inside the 1 to take the 21-14 lead and held on. Penn st. Did have a shot with 8 minutes left I punted down inside the 3. I played safe trying not to give up the big play they went on a 17 play 57 yard drive until I decided to play an okie roll d with safety blitz and put the lb in the middle as a spy and hackenberg tried to hit the drag as my mlb was sitting right behind the dt and picked it off with about 3 minutes left. I played safe until 3rd down and 2 where I called a roll out instead of trying to pound it into a 11 man box figured I would end up trying to run for it as it turned out they played man across the board as I rolled out and the defender had the angle but out of the corner of my eye I saw my fr wr Davis wide open lobbed it to him picked up 16 and sealed the game. Total yards syracuse 341 Penn state 218 rushing syracuse 41-179 2tds penn 22-45 1td passing syracuse 14/21-161 1td 1int. Penn 16/23-173 1td 1int. Syracuse 10/13 on 3rd down and penn st was 3/9. Each team with 1 turnover which hurt them more than me.I had 5 sacks to there 1 the sacks and hackenberg trying to run killed not only there rushing yards but total yards in general. All in all a pretty good first game syracuse is rated a 82 with a 76 offense and 86 defense and penn st was a 84 with a 84 offense and 82 defense can't wait until I play some of the better teams I had to work pretty hard for this one and play darn near perfect to beat an average team. Heading to west Lafayette to take on a dismal Purdue boilermakers bunch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2014, 12:53 AM   #3536
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp18
Well game is over and after each teams first to drives I thought it was going to be a 60-57 type of game however final syracuse 21 penn state 14. Penn st. First drive was 3 plays 63 yards in 36 seconds to go up 7-0 I responded with a 9 play 67 yard drive capped off by a Jerome Smith 23 yard run. Penn state came right back on a 4 play 44 yard drive on a 36 yard td by Allen Robinson in a mere 33 seconds. The defenses then settled in trading 3 and outs and short drives until syracuse put up a 16 play 86 yard drive right before half to tie it at 14 where imo I gained all the momentum. I got the ball to start the 3rd and went on a 12 play 57 yard drive that ended with a qb sneak inside the 1 to take the 21-14 lead and held on. Penn st. Did have a shot with 8 minutes left I punted down inside the 3. I played safe trying not to give up the big play they went on a 17 play 57 yard drive until I decided to play an okie roll d with safety blitz and put the lb in the middle as a spy and hackenberg tried to hit the drag as my mlb was sitting right behind the dt and picked it off with about 3 minutes left. I played safe until 3rd down and 2 where I called a roll out instead of trying to pound it into a 11 man box figured I would end up trying to run for it as it turned out they played man across the board as I rolled out and the defender had the angle but out of the corner of my eye I saw my fr wr Davis wide open lobbed it to him picked up 16 and sealed the game. Total yards syracuse 341 Penn state 218 rushing syracuse 41-179 2tds penn 22-45 1td passing syracuse 14/21-161 1td 1int. Penn 16/23-173 1td 1int. Syracuse 10/13 on 3rd down and penn st was 3/9. Each team with 1 turnover which hurt them more than me.I had 5 sacks to there 1 the sacks and hackenberg trying to run killed not only there rushing yards but total yards in general. All in all a pretty good first game syracuse is rated a 82 with a 76 offense and 86 defense and penn st was a 84 with a 84 offense and 82 defense can't wait until I play some of the better teams I had to work pretty hard for this one and play darn near perfect to beat an average team. Heading to west Lafayette to take on a dismal Purdue boilermakers bunch.
cpu passing numbers still look high, at least it was against a nearly even rated team though. I havent got a chance to test yet because you posted late...gonna try to get a game or two in tomorrow...

MATT you should get back on twitch!

Last edited by wolverinemaniac; 05-15-2014 at 01:37 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »