Home

As real as it gets CPU vs. CPU sliders

This is a discussion on As real as it gets CPU vs. CPU sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2014, 09:49 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: As real as it gets CPU vs. CPU sliders

One thing that sucks about this game and I don't think it can be fixed unless you edit scrambling Qb's to balanced. Scrambling QB's get sacked a lot and usually by the left defensive end because the QB always runs to the right. This gets frustrating.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:00 PM   #58
Pro

Thinking about upping run blocking by 5 to ten. Getting lower rush averages.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:55 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
One thing that sucks about this game and I don't think it can be fixed unless you edit scrambling Qb's to balanced. Scrambling QB's get sacked a lot and usually by the left defensive end because the QB always runs to the right. This gets frustrating.
I've kind of accepted that sack numbers are going to be off a bit since the game calculates sacks incorrectly. In the game, the QB can just take off because they don't see anybody open and then get tackled behind the line of scrimmage and technically that's a sack, but that rarely happens in real college football. Sacks are recorded when the QB is pursued by a defender before he decides to run.

But the NCAA average is 2 sacks per game, per team. And I was getting about 3-4 sacks. I think I've found a way to drop that number down closer to 3, but I think that's as good as it's gonna get.

As for your sliders and the results, I haven't tried them specifically, but I have tried very similar variations and have not gotten any different results. I am actually keeping track of the stats as I test, and like I said above, QBs are averaging 10 yards per completion, when they should be above 12. So while you may see QBs throwing downfield occasionally, if you're actually keeping track of the stats, you'll notice they're definitely not up to where they should be when compared to real NCAA.

The actual number of QB touchdowns is down as well as a result. So at the end of the year, you'll have a 99 rated QB with 2500 passing yards and like 18 TDs when he should have about twice as many TDs and at least 1000 more yards.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:55 AM   #60
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zocrates
I've kind of accepted that sack numbers are going to be off a bit since the game calculates sacks incorrectly. In the game, the QB can just take off because they don't see anybody open and then get tackled behind the line of scrimmage and technically that's a sack, but that rarely happens in real college football. Sacks are recorded when the QB is pursued by a defender before he decides to run.

But the NCAA average is 2 sacks per game, per team. And I was getting about 3-4 sacks. I think I've found a way to drop that number down closer to 3, but I think that's as good as it's gonna get.

As for your sliders and the results, I haven't tried them specifically, but I have tried very similar variations and have not gotten any different results. I am actually keeping track of the stats as I test, and like I said above, QBs are averaging 10 yards per completion, when they should be above 12. So while you may see QBs throwing downfield occasionally, if you're actually keeping track of the stats, you'll notice they're definitely not up to where they should be when compared to real NCAA.

The actual number of QB touchdowns is down as well as a result. So at the end of the year, you'll have a 99 rated QB with 2500 passing yards and like 18 TDs when he should have about twice as many TDs and at least 1000 more yards.
Have you tested playbooks or increase passing on the coaching strategy? Don't know, just a thought.

Can't believe I have had this game over a year and I am still not able to play year after year in dynasty. Frustrating, I guess I am going to have to accept the flaws as they are. That is too bad, cause this could be a fantastic game.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:20 AM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
Have you tested playbooks or increase passing on the coaching strategy? Don't know, just a thought.

Can't believe I have had this game over a year and I am still not able to play year after year in dynasty. Frustrating, I guess I am going to have to accept the flaws as they are. That is too bad, cause this could be a fantastic game.
I don't want to actually increase the AMOUNT of passing, especially since CPU teams pass too much as it is. Increasing passing in the coaching sliders would only increase the amount of times the team passes.

It's the efficiency of the passing that I'm trying to increase, by increasing the number of times they throw down field longer than 20 yards. Johnny Manziel averaged over 13.7 yards per completion last year, but every sim I've ever run will have him around 10-11 at the most, and that's a difference of about 1,000 yards at the end of the year.

I feel the same way about the game though, that I should be able to just relax and roll through a dynasty without getting frustrated that my 99 rated QB ad his 90+ WRs can only connect for 150 yards and a TD every game.

I'm gonna continue to look into the Varsity sliders though. I actually am noticing some differences, so we'll see if they translate into different results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 09:07 PM   #62
Rookie

What are all your settings up to this point?
Old 08-25-2014, 11:45 AM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zypersonic
What are all your settings up to this point?
I've moved on from trying Varsity difficulty and am now trying out All-American with similar settings as the OP, but with 65 for PBLK and a few other minor changes. I don't want to post anything right now since I'm not settled on anything.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:54 PM   #64
Rookie

I've tried literally every setting possible to get the CPU to throw downfield to the tune of a 12+ yards/completion average, but no matter what the setting, the computer never changes their frequency of throwing downfield.

As a result, I've given up on trying to get a realistic yards/completion average and completion%. The totals are more important than the averages, and if you focus on trying to get an accurate completion percentage, you'll end up sacrificing QBs' yardage and TD totals, which also affects WRs.

That said, I've actually gotten decent numbers on Varsity as well as All-American. I'm in the process of trying to figure out which one has the overall better gameplay, and I'm leaning toward All-American.

I'll hopefully be able to post some results and settings soon if I continue to like what I'm seeing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »