Home

Old 03-04-2014, 09:37 PM   #73
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: BuffEye Sliders

Awesome sliders! Great challenge, I love having to take what the defense gives you. I also like that the games are a bit lower scoring and have a more realistic stat line. Played LSU v.s TCU in Season mode and lost a close defensive game in OT 17-24. Great Job Cparrish!!
Old 03-06-2014, 03:06 PM   #74
aka Messy Thrillz

$NevaBroke$'s Arena

OVR: 2

Had a great Orange Bowl replay last night with Clemson vs. Ohio State! Both teams were bringing big boy hits and tackles. 4 fumbles from bruising hits and 1 strip fumble(1st time seeing strip fumble in NCAA 14) between both teams. I ended up losing with 15 seconds left! All I had to do was play into overtime but NOOOO I had to gamble on a streak pass to Sammy Watkins...epic fail lol Doran Grant picked off Cole Stoudt (Gap- you would have been proud lol) who was in because Tajh Boyd got knocked out of the game late in the 4th quarter. One of the best hard-hitting games I have seen and played in a long time! These sliders really give you that feeling that no game and no team will be a cupcake. If you have a focused game plan it can be a dog fight and if you come in sleepwalking you can get dog-walked. These sliders give you the sense that lower rated teams have a chance against power houses. It comes down to knowing your big players and they step up and make big plays. I don't know about anyone else but I am seeing more animations with these sliders as well. Anyone who can refrain from button-mashing to get to the next play will be treated to great cut scenes and animations. It has been a long wait boys but we have finally arrived!
Old 03-07-2014, 12:05 PM   #75
Rookie

TarHeelbred33's Arena

OVR: 1

Anyone use these in an OD? Wonder how they might play user vs. user. Thinking about using a slightly modified version for a new OD I will be starting
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2014, 07:28 PM   #76
Rookie

SnakeEyez's Arena

OVR: 6

Ok, just wanted to update my experience with these after nearly a full season in my 3-man OD. (last I checked in was a few weeks into the season)

I have to say I am still very pleased with these.... they do add a realistic challenge from week-to-week and the consistency of the CPU run game is a very important ingredient to that. I play as a MLB exclusively on defense (no player switching) and the good teams can, and will run the football effectively. Teams that employ run-heavy option systems like GA Tech, Navy, etc are very dangerous. They may throw less than 10 times in a game, but if you can't stop them, they really won't even try much. I find I've had the most difficulty against the spread-hurry up teams that mix in a lot of the read option game.

Passing game wise, the CPU will complete a high % in a lot of games unless you have an elite defense, so you have to focus on not allowing the big plays. The CPU being able to move the football for once allows for more realistic yardage and TOP totals both ways.. we no longer all have top 5 defenses statistically.

All 3 users have lost at least one CPU game through the season... keep in mind that two of the 3 are A- or higher overall.. and the highest (A+) is in the SEC where he lost to 'Bama and S. Carolina (his only losses on the season).

On offense, you simply cannot try to chuck and force the ball deep every play, taking the short and intermediate pass game is very important... and pay attention to the style of defense that these teams are running against you. A lot of the power house schools will play tough Cover-2 Man (press) while other schools may use mostly zone looks against you. Sometimes you just have to take what the defense is giving you in the early parts of the game until the momentum or field position is shifted before trying to push it downfield.

I have played a user vs. user game now, and it was a solid experience all-around. I reported prior that there may have been an INT problem, but that was more on the play of the users and not the sliders. I did not experience an abundant (or unfairly played out) # of interceptions.

I like just about everything about this set and it has revitalized the enthusiasm and interest of my fellow OD members for the same reasons. The games are fun and challenging again.

Again, thank you for posting the set. If I can offer any more feedback, just ask, we've logged an entire season now and are heading into conference championships.

Last edited by SnakeEyez; 03-13-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:36 PM   #77
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Gap Integrity, $NevaBroke$ and I have a dynasty going on and here is how the stats have lined up to this point using BuffEye Rosters and these sliders. Enjoy!

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 03-24-2014, 02:26 PM   #78
Rookie

jweaks's Arena

OVR: 3

Sigh... these sliders are great. I finally worked a set based on these, but...

What inevitably happens is that my starter team (any low prestige team) struggles through year one and then year 2-3 we improve and end up ranked in the top 5 sometimes #1 based on beating a VERY WEAK schedule. We should be, arguably, ranked 20-25-30, but top five? Come on man.

Totally ruins the more realistic challenge I'm looking for when I take a lower team to a BCS bowl. The games are GREAT, but the rankings are nuts.

I'm thinking about using an editor to control the rankings week-to-week.

Any way these sliders make it a real game.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:37 PM   #79
MVP

RebelHog's Arena

OVR: 8

Tried out Arkansas State vs Texas State. Terrific game and about as close to simulation as it gets. Halftime was 17-7 Arkansas State and final score was 38-20. Two spread teams with little defense lighting up the scoreboard. Good stuff can't wait to start a dynasty with Colorado.

yup
Old 03-24-2014, 08:23 PM   #80
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweaks
Sigh... these sliders are great. I finally worked a set based on these, but...

What inevitably happens is that my starter team (any low prestige team) struggles through year one and then year 2-3 we improve and end up ranked in the top 5 sometimes #1 based on beating a VERY WEAK schedule. We should be, arguably, ranked 20-25-30, but top five? Come on man.

Totally ruins the more realistic challenge I'm looking for when I take a lower team to a BCS bowl. The games are GREAT, but the rankings are nuts.

I'm thinking about using an editor to control the rankings week-to-week.

Any way these sliders make it a real game.
You do realize the sliders have nothing to do with the way the game ranks teams right?

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »