Home

Theory for Entirely Ratings-Based Sliders

This is a discussion on Theory for Entirely Ratings-Based Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2014, 02:59 PM   #33
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Theory for Entirely Ratings-Based Sliders

Well for as good a half as the first one was, the second half was just the opposite. I scored ten unanswered points in the third quarter and never looked back. Final score was 41-22 including a garbage time TD from Bridgewater, who crumpled under pressure and threw a pick that effectively ended the game when they were down while driving. Bortles had a fantastic day, 291 yards and 3 scores. Storm Johnson had 11 carries 71 yards and a touchdown and bortles also scored on the ground. I'm gonna keep raising the sliders for the CPU to make it more fair for the CPU. Looking at some of the other posts, I may up things to 25 instead of ten. I'll see how that works when I get to it. It was a plenty realistic game, they just played poorly in the second half. I had 4 sacks, all in the second half, so that may have been why their offense began to collapse. Also, I noticed since I have a really good kickoff/punt returner in Breshad Perriman, my offense usually gets short field which also contributed to the higher scores, but I'm not sure I can do anything about that.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:14 PM   #34
Rookie

JCHISENH2016's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I recently picked the game back up after a five month break. I jumped back into my dynasty where I was 10 seasons in. I played a few games with my current sliders that I had been using for all 10 seasons, but the game just felt off. So after 2 blow out wins over teams that were 15-20 overall points below me I decided to change my sliders up. I read this thread and Fiddys thread so I decided to combined the two ideas.

I set all my sliders, other than kicking sliders, to zero. I set all the CPU sliders to 25 since I was playing on Varsity. I felt like that would even the field a little more because I saw a member of the EA/NCAA team once say in a Q&A that each level offered a 25% or 50% boost to the human or CPU player. For Varsity he had said it was a 25% rating boost for the human side. I felt that by giving a CPU a 25 point slider boost might help offset the boost if your theory is correct that sliders off a boost at anything but zero.

My next game was against Florida, I'm in year 4 at Georgia as the HC. I have a team overall of 96 while UF is at 84. I expected the game to be in my favor since I have the better team and this is the 3rd coaching staff for UF since I started this dynasty.

The game played out much like what I expected other then it felt more wide open at times just like NCAA 09 which I loved. The college game is more wide open in general anyway with huge runs and blown coverage all the time. I was able to throw down the field way more then before and had a number of big runs where as before I was getting 1 a game at best. I felt my o-line with 4 guys rated between 93-97 overalls were playing like I had been wanting them to play. They created holes but not to the point it was unfair.

The passing game felt more like a college game on both sides with loose coverage. I hated how my other siders created lockdown corners no matter the ratings. UF has the 3rd highest rated corner on the game and he made some plays but still played like a college player at times. My top corner who is the 2nd highest rated corner played about the same other than when he made a nice pick 6 on a hitch route where he sit down on the route to bate the QB in throwing it. Before he would have been on the guys hip but he made a nice run and timed jump to rip it from the receiver.

The game ended with a 44-24 win for me which is in line as I'm now 9-0 and ranked #1 while UF is 2-7 with wins over FIU and a FCS team. UF rushed for more yards then I had given up all year, 126yds after 4 sacks. UF had a couple of big screen passes that went for 20+ yards and 2 QB runs over 15 yards. Overall I will continue to work with what I have based off the zero sliders theory.
Giving the CPU 25 sliders sounds like it's working well. It's a pretty good idea if it's true that the user has a 25 advantage on Varsity, I had never heard that before.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:44 PM   #35
Rookie

The_Gaming_Disciple's Arena

OVR: 8

I have been messing around with the punting sliders and I believe this is a lock!

CPU Punt Power 60
CPU Punt Accuracy 40

This is just me, but I believe having the sliders equal to 0, 50, or 100 helps to compensate for overpowering in one area.

It appears that lowering the accuracy but increasing punt power helps to provide a more realistic outcome.

I encourage you guys to try this out and tell me your thoughts.

With this set I am seeing punts to the left, middle, and right. Also, the ball has good hang time and demonstrates a wobble instead of a tight spiral with no life.

Also, cpu punters with this set are averaging around 35 - 45 yards. This is consistent with the average punting yards for Div 1A Teams.

Here is the link:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...sort/puntYards
"Florida State, the only FBS Division-1 school to finish consecutively in the AP top 5 poll for 14 years. This is a record that no other collegiate football team will ever remotely come close to accomplishing again."

#Unconquered
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 07:10 PM   #36
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gaming_Disciple
I have been messing around with the punting sliders and I believe this is a lock!

CPU Punt Power 60
CPU Punt Accuracy 40

This is just me, but I believe having the sliders equal to 0, 50, or 100 helps to compensate for overpowering in one area.

It appears that lowering the accuracy but increasing punt power helps to provide a more realistic outcome.

I encourage you guys to try this out and tell me your thoughts.

With this set I am seeing punts to the left, middle, and right. Also, the ball has good hang time and demonstrates a wobble instead of a tight spiral with no life.

Also, cpu punters with this set are averaging around 35 - 45 yards. This is consistent with the average punting yards for Div 1A Teams.

Here is the link:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...sort/puntYards
Both love and hate the punting slider change. It worked like a charm, but the problem is I got coffin cornered afterwards and ended up giving up a safety.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:26 PM   #37
Rookie

The_Gaming_Disciple's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraedenG33
Both love and hate the punting slider change. It worked like a charm, but the problem is I got coffin cornered afterwards and ended up giving up a safety.
If the cpu coffin cornered kicked you then that is great. To a degree this can compensate defensively, being that, the ball trajectory, once making contact with the ground hardly ever provides for a downed punt around the 5 to 10 yard line.
"Florida State, the only FBS Division-1 school to finish consecutively in the AP top 5 poll for 14 years. This is a record that no other collegiate football team will ever remotely come close to accomplishing again."

#Unconquered
Old 08-07-2014, 07:29 PM   #38
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gaming_Disciple
If the cpu coffin cornered kicked you then that is great. To a degree this can compensate defensively, being that, the ball trajectory, once making contact with the ground hardly ever provides for a downed punt around the 5 to 10 yard line.
No I think its working great and that is a perfect example, it just pissed me off when it happened lol.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:05 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinemaniac
For the heck of it I fired up NCAA 11 with your sliders last night Playmakers, talk about great gameplay geez they really screwed up the game after that year. I simmed thru till 2014 season which would have been last year and plan to build from there. A++
That's what I've been saying.....

I didn't bother to play NCAA 12 or 13 much at all because NCAA 11 had me spoiled in terms of how the sliders actually effected gameplay.

I love NCAA 14 but only from a coach mode standpoint...

I think with NCAA 11 there were tons of Heisman players who made the conversion over to Varsity level because that is just how good the level was in terms of gameplay at that time.

I'm not sure what happened to the series after NCAA 11 but you can clearly tell that EA did something to break the sliders and how they react on the field since that NCAA 11 game was released.

You can go back and read the boards there was not a single thread created about sliders being reversed or unresponsive.

Now days when you read the slider forums in both NCAA and Madden there are threads about Penalties controlling the running game, passing game and kicking game.....

NCAA 11 had terrific fatigue effect meaning auto subs worked great, penalties were called all game long on both offense and defense with the appropriate slider settings.

The only aspect that was lacking IMO was that the QB's would rarely take off and run in NCAA 11....I think you had to edit them to be Balance tendency I believe in order to see more scrambles I forget.

In terms of gameplay with modified sliders I would say the best 3 NCAA games to date were the following:

NCAA 11 (Beautiful animations even though they were scripted animations, sliders worked the best of all NCAA games, Scrambling QB's tendencies were flawed)

NCAA 06 (PS2) (This game is the king of all NCAA games only the graphics keep it down)

NCAA 14 (terrific player tendencies EA finally fixed it, but sliders are a hot mess in terms of working like they should doing actual gameplay)

NCAA 07, 08, 09, 10, 12 and 13 were all waisted years IMO that EA made us blow our $50-60 bucks on the game LOL!

Edit:
NCAA 13 was most the beautiful looking game in the series.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 08-07-2014 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:19 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
That's what I've been saying.....

I didn't bother to play NCAA 12 or 13 much at all because NCAA 11 had me spoiled in terms of how the sliders actually effected gameplay.

I love NCAA 14 but only from a coach mode standpoint...

I think with NCAA 11 there were tons of Heisman players who made the conversion over to Varsity level because that is just how good the level was in terms of gameplay at that time.

I'm not sure what happened to the series after NCAA 11 but you can clearly tell that EA did something to break the sliders and how they react on the field since that NCAA 11 game was released.

You can go back and read the boards there was not a single thread created about sliders being reversed or unresponsive.

Now days when you read the slider forums in both NCAA and Madden there are threads about Penalties controlling the running game, passing game and kicking game.....

NCAA 11 had terrific fatigue effect meaning auto subs worked great, penalties were called all game long on both offense and defense with the appropriate slider settings.

The only aspect that was lacking IMO was that the QB's would rarely take off and run in NCAA 11....I think you had to edit them to be Balance tendency I believe in order to see more scrambles I forget.

In terms of gameplay with modified sliders I would say the best 3 NCAA games to date were the following:

NCAA 11 (Beautiful animations even though they were scripted animations, sliders worked the best of all NCAA games, Scrambling QB's tendencies were flawed)

NCAA 06 (PS2) (This game is the king of all NCAA games only the graphics keep it down)

NCAA 14 (terrific player tendencies EA finally fixed it, but sliders are a hot mess in terms of working like they should doing actual gameplay)

NCAA 07, 08, 09, 10, 12 and 13 were all waisted years IMO that EA made us blow our $50-60 bucks on the game LOL!

Edit:
NCAA 13 was most the beautiful looking game in the series.
Indeed, I had ncaa14 ranked higher than 11 because of game features and I love the ncaa 14 recruiting. But in terms of gameplay you are dead on ncaa 11 smokes it across the board. I played 5 more games today loving it glad you brought it up haha!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »