Home

50(ish) Threshold-based Slider Set for NCAA 14

This is a discussion on 50(ish) Threshold-based Slider Set for NCAA 14 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2015, 08:04 PM   #321
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 50(ish) Threshold-based Slider Set for NCAA 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp18
Josh may have the better answer but I would say yes. If slow the rb glitch if fast there is the stopping of players after the catch. Slower speed will give more time to read the field, faster obviously less time. Player movement will be responsive one way or another which will either help or hurt certain areas. I changed game speed one time long ago and tackling became way to easy seemed to give the defense a much bigger advantage with the glitches. Fast or very fast run the toss less time to get to the outside but also a lot less room do to the speed the. Slow or very slow you may never make it to the outside and the response time is slower with the user. With that said you may like it.
What JP said

That, and I think that the AI gets out-of-sync with the on-field animations with different game speeds (so you have to modify some sliders). Change the game speed, change the slider set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2015, 11:13 PM   #322
Pro

Great tips! I have been trying things like run commit and blitzing more but mostly get nickel and dimed down the field. So frustrating. But I guess it's part of building a nothing team into a contender. Love this game.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:20 PM   #323
Pro

OVR: 0

Do the Coach Mode / Auto Pass sliders from post #2 still apply or should I use your 'normal' sliders from post #1 and just equal HUM & CPU sliders when I want to play Coach Mode?

Happy New Year ;-)
Old 12-31-2015, 06:34 PM   #324
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnum
Do the Coach Mode / Auto Pass sliders from post #2 still apply or should I use your 'normal' sliders from post #1 and just equal HUM & CPU sliders when I want to play Coach Mode?

Happy New Year ;-)
Yeah, they should be fine...just change the OPI/DPI settings to 51/50. Another option is BlackRain's coach sliders....they are heavily influenced by this set and he has spent a ton of time on them.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:36 PM   #325
Rookie

OVR: 7

Using these for a new RTG QB.

Scored 73 and had 500 yards passing in game 1. Should cpu pass coverage be raised?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2016, 04:47 PM   #326
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by armi5718
Using these for a new RTG QB.

Scored 73 and had 500 yards passing in game 1. Should cpu pass coverage be raised?
These were not built for RTG and I think it plays differently. Guessing that you need to drop quarter length due to sim on defense not working properly.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:50 AM   #327
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
These were not built for RTG and I think it plays differently. Guessing that you need to drop quarter length due to sim on defense not working properly.
Ok cool, thanks.

I have another question though. I've been playing these sliders for 5 seasons and I feel like I've overachieved with a crap team on each of those seasons. As an OC I took Ball State and Colorado to bowl games. I took a shiiiity Idaho team to a bowl game and a pedestrian Duke team to the Peach Bowl (knocked off #1 VT on the road, #13 Wake Forest at Wade Wallace and a ranked Miami team on the road) The most recent season was the most alarming since it was my first season not finishing 6-6 or 7-6.

I feel like I over achieve on both sides of the ball. My QB completion is really high, even with low skill QBs and receiving. My Defense over achieves in the MLB position and D line. I usually play on the D line during defensive stands so, this could be the reason (either try to swim off the edge or bull rush the DT) My 73 OVR MLB won linebacker of the year in our first season at Duke .. . maybe just due to tackles on Tight ends with opposing QBs would dump over the middle to avoid pressure.

Question is: Is overachieving something that other people have seen with these sliders? Does playing on the D line and creating pressure on the QB (rather easily) break the game? Corner strike is a go to third down desperation call . . . it seems to work every time.

I like the threshold feel though, feels and looks great.
Old 01-03-2016, 03:53 PM   #328
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by armi5718
Ok cool, thanks.

I have another question though. I've been playing these sliders for 5 seasons and I feel like I've overachieved with a crap team on each of those seasons. As an OC I took Ball State and Colorado to bowl games. I took a shiiiity Idaho team to a bowl game and a pedestrian Duke team to the Peach Bowl (knocked off #1 VT on the road, #13 Wake Forest at Wade Wallace and a ranked Miami team on the road) The most recent season was the most alarming since it was my first season not finishing 6-6 or 7-6.

I feel like I over achieve on both sides of the ball. My QB completion is really high, even with low skill QBs and receiving. My Defense over achieves in the MLB position and D line. I usually play on the D line during defensive stands so, this could be the reason (either try to swim off the edge or bull rush the DT) My 73 OVR MLB won linebacker of the year in our first season at Duke .. . maybe just due to tackles on Tight ends with opposing QBs would dump over the middle to avoid pressure.

Question is: Is overachieving something that other people have seen with these sliders? Does playing on the D line and creating pressure on the QB (rather easily) break the game? Corner strike is a go to third down desperation call . . . it seems to work every time.

I like the threshold feel though, feels and looks great.
Try lowering your QBA to zero. That will really make your weak QBs suck. I also went .500 with teams I shouldn't have. But I think it's always a matter of figuring out what works. Then adjusting the sliders to handcuff you. If you known you can pass easily. Make it harder. Either QBA lower or boost up the cpu pass coverage. I've played roughly 20 games with these. Usually do 6-8 games in a season. Then adjust and start over. The longer you go at it. And restart. Eventually you'll find something you like.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »