Home

Landeye's CPU vs. CPU slider set (using editor)

This is a discussion on Landeye's CPU vs. CPU slider set (using editor) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2016, 12:56 PM   #17
Rookie

Landeye's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Landeye's CPU vs. CPU slider set (using editor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
I had the cslv at 3 for both games I played.

Here's the Florida/Bama game: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMX41Ip23II

In currently testing with your new edits as I play Wash/Colorado.

I think tackling needs to be upped by 10 or so. Too many broken tackles IMO.
The new video link didn't work. As far as too many broken tackles I would either raise tackling by 10 or also you could try lowering OABT (break tackle) by 10 as well.
Old 12-03-2016, 01:36 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeye
The new video link didn't work. As far as too many broken tackles I would either raise tackling by 10 or also you could try lowering OABT (break tackle) by 10 as well.
Sorry about that I had it on private.

I'll probably use the oabt since its with the profile, I still have the gameplay sliders at default. You had run block and pass block at 53, where are those at in the profile? Or did you mean 55?
Old 12-03-2016, 02:02 PM   #19
Rookie

Landeye's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
Sorry about that I had it on private.

I'll probably use the oabt since its with the profile, I still have the gameplay sliders at default. You had run block and pass block at 53, where are those at in the profile? Or did you mean 55?
Yeah 53 was correct. You'll actually notice differences between say 50 and 51 even though its only a point difference. I usually adjust gameplay sliders by 1 at a time so I don't raise it any higher than it has to be and screw up matchups. I had them at 53 to try to get better open field blocking and blitz recognition but after watching your videos the higher rated players (my lineman usually have block ratings of 80 for testing) probably don't need it. If that is too overpowered try 51 for each. And run block is OARB and pass block is OAOP. I usually change the matching OH value for each as well but its probably not necessary.
Also with tackling try to pay attention to the ratings of the players because a lot of power backs will have break tackle really high but it evens out since they tend to look for contact when running while speed backs avoid people more. Lower OABT will probably work better. The higher the tackle slider the more players seem to get sucked into a tackle animation when they're close to a defender.

Edit: oh and I had changed PSfi/fo and OAFI/FO at one point but I didn't put a mark or anything by them so you might not have noticed.

Last edited by Landeye; 12-03-2016 at 02:11 PM.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:13 PM   #20
MVP

OSUPiper's Arena

OVR: 8

I am very interested in the results you guys get. From watching Brock's vids, it still looks like passing offense is far too efficient, and run game is too inefficient outside scrambling QBs. The game was fun, and I got it pretty close to where I thought I could deal with it, but these were the issues that I could never solve.

NCAA14 is so pass happy, but IRL teams just cannot sustain that level of efficiency.

Definitely rooting for you in this thread.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:03 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 9

Lol. I'd have to look back at my video, but my ACC championship simulation seemed eerily accurate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2016, 11:21 AM   #22
MVP

OSUPiper's Arena

I was gonna do the same thing, actually, just out of interest. (EDIT - I did go back and look. The halftime passing stats in the simulation were where the real life end-game stats were. Run-Pass ratio for VT was 50-50, while Clemson was heavier toward the run. Outside of Gallman's rushing numbers in sim, your simulation did reflect that neither team had an offensive weapon outside the QB position.)

I create sliders to match sim stats, not real life stats, because (good or bad) that is the metric by which my dynasty players are judged. When possible, I try to get sim stats to match real life, too.

NCAA 14 is far too homogenized statistically in simulation; that is, run-pass ratio in sim has less variance than real life, but at least we can control that a little bit. Other stats, like Yards per play or Yards per Carry, are way off from real life.

So I tend to judge against the sim results, which may not be what you guys are going for ultimately. This is all good for me, because (as you know from the CH2K forum) I would rather have a great looking simulation of college football and tweak that to fit the statistical population.

Last edited by OSUPiper; 12-04-2016 at 11:37 AM.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:19 PM   #23
Rookie

Landeye's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUPiper
I am very interested in the results you guys get. From watching Brock's vids, it still looks like passing offense is far too efficient, and run game is too inefficient outside scrambling QBs. The game was fun, and I got it pretty close to where I thought I could deal with it, but these were the issues that I could never solve.

NCAA14 is so pass happy, but IRL teams just cannot sustain that level of efficiency.

Definitely rooting for you in this thread.
I think we'll be able to get a good representation of the running game with a few tweaks. Right now I think the main issue is that defenders are too good at making open field tackles. It's almost like they have a homing beacon and latch onto the offensive player when they're close. A lower tackles slider plus KRI below 50 seems to help and I actually have seen CPU RBs basically juke a defender with this. With KRI below 50 you get players reading the play vs above 50 they seem to go more with their "gut". below 50 you'll see LB strafe side to side more before attacking a running play vs. above 50 they will more or less stay in their original spot before attacking the play. When it's too low players will get too far out of position on plays like counter runs because they strafe to the fake side before the ball is handed off vs when it's too high the players will attack the fake side immediately and get out of position when the ball is handed off to the other side. This also comes into play in tackling where you'll see players break down more to make the tackle below 50. I think having KRI around 49 and tackling and break tackle lower we might see better running in space.

The pass game is another animal. All the passes are basically on rails and differences in accuracy are very small. What I've noticed is that accuracy effects more or less whether the receiver will catch the ball in stride and not lose speed or have to slow down just a little to make the catch and allow the defender to catch up to make the tackle. QBs with 99 accuracy will hit the receiver in the bread basket over the shoulder on a deep route vs. 85 accuracy they might have it land basically right over the top of their head so they have to stop a little or do the animation where they catch the ball behind them. So this kind of creates a problem because by just turning QBA down you won't see them starting to miss routine throws until it's way too low. With low QBA you also get nerfed throw power which is probably more important than throw accuracy. The higher the THP stat the more arc on passes so a QB with low THP will throw those stupid dart passes on deep routes that always get picked where high THP will throw it how it should look. So basically with passing it's trying to balance having the QBs be less accurate but not sacrificing too much THP. I'm thinking maybe lowering QBA but increasing PSSP from 1 to 2 might help. I noticed before when I put OAST at 1 that QBs seemed to throw harder so that might be something to mess with too whether this be strength or stamina.

As far as NCAA being pass happy I definitely agree. I actually lowered the run/pass ratio for all coaches in my dynasty by 5 (except air raid and triple option) to get them to run more. I think the CPU calling so many pass plays is due to the situational playcalling based on down and distance. With r/p set to 50 the cpu will have a 50/50 chance of calling a run or pass play on first down, but what if its 2 and 8? It feels like there are more times when a playcall needs to be pass based on the situation vs a run. So since the cpu is still just as likely to call a pass play on 1st and 10 as a run play, but less likely to call run plays on certain downs and distance you have more pass plays called. Also I think if the QB scrambles its counts as a run play so the cpu thinks more runs have been called than in reality.
Old 12-04-2016, 07:01 PM   #24
MVP

OSUPiper's Arena

I agree with all of your points in the last paragraph. I would change coaches to heavier run pre-game, and even make some adjustments to coach strat sliders in-game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »