Home

NCAA Football 13 TeamBuilder Wish List

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 TeamBuilder Wish List within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2011, 09:17 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 39
NCAA Football 13 TeamBuilder Wish List

Post what you want to see in TeamBuilder for 13.

After reading through the other posts, you guys have really covered it quite well already. I just want to add a couple things..

-More fonts for uniform numbers and chest text
-Font choices for field text and yard numbers
-Ability to add/remove uniform alternate slots (like if I only want 3 tops or 4 pants)
-ProCombat templates
-Ability to add pieces to existing schools

Last edited by sportzbro; 07-24-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 11:51 PM   #2
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA 13 TeamBuilder Wish List

Better customization options.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:28 AM   #3
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

- More logo slots

- Option to assign Nike/Adidas/UA sponsorships

- Ability to add uniforms to existing teams

- More than just 1 home & away alternate uniforms. Maybe don't assign the two as specifically home/away.

- Pride stickers (logo upload possibly)

- Conference Patches

- Team colored equipment

- 3D representation of stadiums in selection menu (far fetched, I know)

- More generic stadium options (fewer/greater than 50,000 as well as indoor stadiums).

- Stadium creator like Madden has or even revert back to last gen NCAA version

- Ability to upgrade stadiums throughout dynasty. (Maybe belongs in dynasty thread, but relates to TB as well)

- Ability to update teambuilder teams throughout dynasty to change stadiums/uniforms or whatever else.

- Assign rivals

*Thumbs up if you agree. Maybe if this list gets enough respect, we might see some changes.

Last edited by speedy43; 07-21-2011 at 12:32 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:21 AM   #4
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Ability to edit equipment through teambuilder
Old 07-21-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 21

I'll just copy and paste from my thread since this is stickied.

Helmets
1. Gloss, Matte, Metallic:
I would love the ability to give each helmet a different finish. Whether it were the typical glossy finish, the matte finish (Arizona State, Va Tech Pro Combat) or metallic flake. I especially would want metallic flake added as the normal teams' silver helmets look gorgeous this year, while trying to replicate that in TB just doesn't work.

2. Logo Placement: I'd like to be able to choose from a few spots to place logos. If it can't be the ability to place logos anywhere (which would probably be the case since what's on TB doesn't always represent what's in the game), then I'd like to at least be able to choose between the two sides, and the front and back so I could accurately make the Dartmouth helmet or these Wisconsin throwbacks.

3. The little things: I'd like to see numbers on the back of helmets as in real life along with the flag and anything else I can't think of.

4. More Striping Options, duh: It's pretty obvious what I'm asking for. I'd really love to see them add the Philadelphia Eagles wings and Bengals stripes, but EA seems to want to avoid anything too NFL-like. If nothing else, how about the old wings Rice used to have?

Jerseys
1. Alternates: Instead of giving us two white jerseys, I'd like it if we were given the choice to make the alternate one a third dark jersey. Most people don't really do anything with the secondary white jersey so this would be nice.

2. Non-White Aways: I'd like to let my team use gold or silver jerseys on the road. If you were worried about somebody using too dark a color you could just restrict the jerseys to be specific color swatches. Like maybe you can use the gray used by Ole Miss or Colorado State's gold away color and even have a few select other colors chosen to be selected from.

3. Manufacturer Logos: Give us the ability to make our team outfitted by Nike, Adidas, UnderArmour, or Russell or whoever. Then, at the jersey edit screen we could place a manufacturer logo and choose its color from our logo colors or the swatches or a custom color from the color wheel. It's one of those small things that'll help make teams look less like they were made on the internet.

4. Logos on the Back: A lot of team lately are using logos either above their nameplates or use a logo in place of it.

5. Numbers: I'd like to see more number fonts than standard, college, and italic. I would also like to be able to make the numbers on the shoulder and sleeves a different color from the ones on the front and back.

6. More Jerseys: Pretty self explanatory. It's frustrating that we're in year 3 with no new templates.

7. Jersey Text: More fonts, make the text look decent on the site, and also allow words to be longer. There's no reason that you shouldn't be able to make the chest text as long as the name of your school.

Pants
1. A Third Option: Just need some more pants. No need to explain.

2. More Pants Styles: Again, easy to understand

3. Manufacturer Logos: Same as with the jerseys.

Fields
1. Endzone Text: The text field for endzones is too small. There's literally no reason for it to be so small. If you want, you can make the text bigger with a bit of a workaround so that instead of having "Sherwood Ar" you can have "Sherwood Archers." Now, it's great that we can do a somewhat easy workaround, but why should we have to?

2. Endzone Designs: Why can't I choose old school slashes or a checkerboard design or put my team logos in the endzones?

3. Dumb Colored Fields: Some people inexplicably think colored fields aren't a nightmare to look at. Throw these goofballs a bone and let them make a really dumb purple field or a neon yellow one. Just whatever. Heck, let them make it even dumber by make it orange and blue alternating. Blind us all.

4. Logo Size: It's kind of frustrating that logos and can't be larger. I want to make a giant midfield logo that's essentially the football equivalent of Kansas' giant midcourt Jayhawk.

Equipment
1. Socks and Shoes: We need to be able to choose the type of shoes (UnderArmour, Adidas, or Nike) and also be able to use team colors on them.

For socks we need to be able to have pro style socks whether it's something simple or old-school stripes like the Chiefs have. And obviously, let us put team colors on them.

2. Allow Us to Choose Team Color Equipment: It was really frustrating this season that in RTG I couldn't choose team colored sleeves or gloves because I was using a TeamBuilder team. Yet, when I was on the field, there was a player on my team with gold gloves and gold sleeves just to make it all the more frustrating. It simply makes no sense that we're not allowed to choose team colored equipment for a players, but that some guys will have it by default.

3. Editing Equipment: Allow us to pick what type of equipment our players will wear from the TB site. We can't edit TB teams' equipment, except for within dynasty, so why not let us just do it online? Or better yet, just let us do it offline

Also, not really TB related, but could we please get some Adidas visors and Adidas and UnderArmour gloves? It's not like I have a problem with Nike, I just want colored gloves without making my Adidas or UnderArmour outfitted team looking kind of silly.

Last edited by Noble Evildoer; 07-21-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 06:03 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

At least two more pairs of pants and alternate dark jerseys.

Edit not only rivals, but also the site and time of the year that you play the game. If I use teambuilder to create Grambling and Southern who play a big time rival game in New Orleans every ThanksGiving weekend. I should be able create those two schools and the game take place in the Superdome in New Orleans.

A full fledged stadium editor if we dont want to use another team's stadium as our template.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:34 PM   #7
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 13 TeamBuilder Wish List

I'll reiterate quickly some of the ideas that have already been mentioned:
  • Definitely more logo slots. Four would probably be fine.
  • Separate slots or some other feature to add manufacturer logos (adidas, Russell, Nike, etc)
  • Ability to resize and move the logo on the helmet.
  • Uniform updater. I don't think any schools uniforms stay exactly the same for more than a few years at a time, some change yearly (unless you're Penn State). Have this option for TB teams and real ones.
  • Pride stickers, including ability to slot in a custom-designed sticker.
  • More equipment options.
  • More sock and shoe styles.
  • More styles (templates) for helmets, jerseys, pants.
  • Extend chest text character limit. 10 characters is too small. Also have ability to wrap text around the number (top & bottom).
Now some that haven't been mentioned:

1. Custom Font Uploads/More Fonts - This refers to the ability to customize the font used on your team's jersey by uploading a font from your computer. If not feasible, at least include more font styles than three for names, numbers, and chest text.

2. Layering styles - Using a "layer" system (such as the one in NFSU) to create more dramatic styles as well as combine different templates. As an example, each jersey would have three or four usable layers and each layer could use a different jersey style with different colors.

3. More extensive customization - Perhaps use more Photoshop or similar graphical program integration so that users can fully customize the field art or even create their own jersey templates.

4. Fix bugs - An example would be the weird looking font text in-game (looks very pixelated), and the grayed-out stadiums. Also colors going dull at night needs to be fixed (namely the white helmets), but this is more like a gfx issue and not TB-related.

5. Dynamic uniforms - This includes conference patches and so forth that can change over the course of a dynasty. Perhaps your school signed a new sponsor deal as well with Nike instead of adidas, so those logos would change.

6. Other details - Different font effects (such as shadow); placement of details on helmets (like jersey number); and other small things that you will notice on jerseys but are not editable in TB currently.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:00 AM   #8
Pro

44drob's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA Football 13 TeamBuilder Wish List

More logo slots
Team Color Accessories Settings
Better Stadium Upgrades

GLORYERACLOTHING.COM
TRU2THA GAME

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »