Home

Wait..what no Dreads :(

This is a discussion on Wait..what no Dreads :( within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 07:47 PM   #121
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Wait..what no Dreads :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
Last gen didn't run at 60 frames per second. Last gen didn't have the level of graphical detail on the player models or stadiums that next-gen does. Those things take graphical resources. A lot of them, which makes it a lot harder to add in things like dreads or hand towels. Have you read any of Adam's posts ever, or do you just recite the same arguments over and over without ever listening to what anybody else has to say?
That argument makes no sense, of course things on this gen take more graphical resources but the systems themselves have more graphical resources. I've read Adam's posts and he has never said there is not enough resources to add dreadlocks, he has said that it takes resources that could better be utilized elsewhere. He didn't eleborate but that could mean one of two things:

1. He meant company resources, as in EA has x amount of time and x amount of people doing x amount of things and they have decided that dreadlocks are not worth the investment it would incur to add over adding something else they deem worthwhile.

2. He meant system resources as in the systems are limited.

I presume he means #1 because #2 would be pretty laughable considering from what Sony and Microsoft have both said in regards to their system capabilities and how NCAA looks and performs compared to other next-gen games.

And if he does mean #1 then I'd like to know why the Madden team can find the time and resources to add these level of details and still put out a vastly superior graphically appealing game. Yes I know the Madden team is no doubt bigger and has more resources than the NCAA team. However, I doubt it's to the level that excuses the lack of significant gameplay upgrades, graphical additions AND lack of attention to detail/atmosphere that NCAA has continued to show on the next-gen systems so far.

In fact, considering how many people feel that the gameplay has actually regressed in the last couple of years maybe EA should quite while they're ahead on gameplay and simply spend ALL of their time on details. Ok, just kidding on that one, but not far from it at this point.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2009, 08:53 PM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 8

I understand both sides of the arguement and I'm not mad because dreads are not in but this is all I'm saying. Currently we don't have nets behind the field goal but the ball acts as if there is one. In 2010...POOOOOF....there will be nets behind the field goal, AND as an added bonus...wind socks. Things that make you go Hmmmmmm. lol
Old 04-07-2009, 08:56 PM   #123
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdeuce
I understand both sides of the arguement and I'm not mad because dreads are not in but this is all I'm saying. Currently we don't have nets behind the field goal but the ball acts as if there is one. In 2010...POOOOOF....there will be nets behind the field goal, AND as an added bonus...wind socks. Things that make you go Hmmmmmm. lol
and we have towels! hmmmmmmm

Old 04-08-2009, 02:19 AM   #124
Banned

OVR: 7

I don't think some people understand. It isn't just dreads we're concerned about, it's ALL the minor details that are continually left out of this title.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:26 AM   #125
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child Rebel
I don't think some people understand. It isn't just dreads we're concerned about, it's ALL the minor details that are continually left out of this title.
Thanks because i've been trying to communicate this but have not been able to as well as just saying it directly like you did.

If they were adding in a lot of other stuff it wouldn't be so bad but instead they are not. It just makes it seem like they really don't care about details because it doesn't help to sell the game and that's why it's so damned infuriating.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2009, 10:04 AM   #126
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child Rebel
And you people worrying about minor details don't see that the game isn't worth bleep right now. The reason NCAA is so crappy is because EA has failed on the major details on this game. If these major details worked or were added (OL/DL interaction, CPU AI, Online Dynasty Bugs, Suction Blacking, Defensive AI all around, Option attack, Formation Subs, Speed not being the determining factor in recruitment, SLIDERS, In Game saves) then I can understand worrying about dreads. However, all these things are horrible (or haven't been added) and make this game unplayable. Yet, all we are hearing is about putting dreads in a game when the game isn't even playable.

Once the MAJOR details are fixed, then start bleeping about minor details.

Odogg, you have stated that you have given up on EA. You usually make a lot of sense. If EA actually had a playable game with all the features I mentioned above would you really be complaining about dreads? You have gotten to the point that you are so frustrated with EA and the crappy NCAA series that you will nit pick any old thing. I have a poor taste in my mouth for EA as well, but not to the point I am going to nit pick on Dreads.

Last edited by heavy_hitter; 04-08-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:22 AM   #127
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

I think everyone wants/expects drastic gameplay improvements. From what EA has released so far, we are seeing some improvement there. Not where it needs to be yet, but big steps in the right direction. That said, I see where people are pissed because we are next-gen with superior platforms but we don't get simple details like dreads and some cosmetic extras, changing shoe/sock colors, updated accessories etc. I'm not passing judgement yet because the game hasn't been released and we may very well get some, most, or all of those options but several people seem to think we'll get none and it pisses them off to no end.

It's a tough spot for everyone. OMT and others are trying to help us out, and I want to complain like hell too, but I'm trying to wait before I get too into it, but no matter how anyone spins it, other than Online Dynasty, NCAA on Next-Gen has been close to a complete failure. The transition to Next-Gen should have been handled much better IMHO.

I don't think anyone thinks all we need is dreads and details like dreads to make the game perfect. I just think everyone believes we should have more options due to the systems we have now and most feel slighted.

Oh yeah, bleep you! lol
Old 04-08-2009, 10:56 AM   #128
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
I think everyone wants/expects drastic gameplay improvements. From what EA has released so far, we are seeing some improvement there. Not where it needs to be yet, but big steps in the right direction. That said, I see where people are pissed because we are next-gen with superior platforms but we don't get simple details like dreads and some cosmetic extras, changing shoe/sock colors, updated accessories etc. I'm not passing judgement yet because the game hasn't been released and we may very well get some, most, or all of those options but several people seem to think we'll get none and it pisses them off to no end.

It's a tough spot for everyone. OMT and others are trying to help us out, and I want to complain like hell too, but I'm trying to wait before I get too into it, but no matter how anyone spins it, other than Online Dynasty, NCAA on Next-Gen has been close to a complete failure. The transition to Next-Gen should have been handled much better IMHO.

I don't think anyone thinks all we need is dreads and details like dreads to make the game perfect. I just think everyone believes we should have more options due to the systems we have now and most feel slighted.

Oh yeah, bleep you! lol
Close to?

Let me tell you a story. In my PS2 days, I bought 2 new titles every year. I bought NCAA and I bought 2k NCAA Basketball. Those 2 games occupied my entire year of gaming. I would rent a game or two, but other than that I was all NCAA football and 2K basketball (EA basketball has sucked forever). EA NCAA football continually to worsen since 2004, but I still played and was all about league daddy leagues. A whole lot of fun that was.

NCAA 07 I had become so frustrated with EA that bulk of my time that year was spent on Fight Night (great game lots of fun) and 2K basketball.

I then went to NG 360 amping up for 2008. I was excited for the game on the NG. I knew NCAA 07 on NG was horrible and I was excited to make the jump. Well, I came away disappointed because to that point NCAA 08 was the worst game I had ever put in any console. I picked up Fight Night for the 360, 2K Basketball, and then was introduced to COD 4 and Guitar Hero. I was introduced to new genres and am having fun with those games.

Come NCAA 09 my disappointment and animosity for EA had grown. I now hate the company because they released a product that should have never been released. "I went to the store for medicine for my sickness and they gave me magic beans. The magice beans were useless in helping me overcome my NCAA sickness." I was then pissed when I bought this game. How in the hell do you go from 08 to making an even worse game in 09? I just didn't and still don't get it. My time has still been COD 4 and now W@W. Also looking forward to new shooters. I refuse to buy any EA product now because of NCAA 08 and 09. My wife actually bought the kids rockband for Christmas this year and I was pissed because she bought an EA product. I traded it in for Guitar Hero Band edition for the Wii.

I have NO FAITH for NCAA 10. I am looking more forward to Modern Warfare, 6 days in Fallujah and other games. Right now NCAA 10 means nothing to me. I want the game to be good. I really do, but with the history of the EA NCAA team the past few years it gives me no reason to have faith in the product.

I go back as far as playing the the first Madden ever on the Sega Genesis in my college dorm years. I go back to the Bill Walsh days on the Sega. Then moved to the PS2. I have a lot of great memories of this game. Unfortunately, my taste for EA and the NCAA since 07 has become really sour. EA has been full of false promises, false hopes, greed, and marketing new features that no one cares about or don't work.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »