Home

Wait..what no Dreads :(

This is a discussion on Wait..what no Dreads :( within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 04:13 AM   #65
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Wait..what no Dreads :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
I think our only chance of getting a great football game again will come down to the American Needle Inc v New Orleans Saints(et al) case thats in the Supreme Court now.

I hate saying it like this, but as long as there is no competition, EA doesn't have to work as hard, and the consumer suffers, that wont change until the exclusive deals they have are stripped from them.
While it may be good for football gamers, the government telling companies how and to whom they have to license their intellectual properties is not a path I want to see us go down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 07:53 AM   #66
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
While it may be good for football gamers, the government telling companies how and to whom they have to license their intellectual properties is not a path I want to see us go down.
I agree.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:25 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
EA is a Major company yes, but EAs budget isnt just for NCAA football or Madden. Ea puts out Various amount of games and they also budget towards the new games that are coming out or in Developement. So for you guys to think that NCAA budget is one that has no ceiling is amazing to me.

As much as you think NCAA has a Godly budget and all things can be done, it isnt so . hell EA had to Release 600 employees last October.If they want to put out the best Sim College football game out and they have a deadline to meet, if they decide ok, This year there wont be any new cleats or helmets or facemask, is this what your griping about?seriously, there is more than enough helmets and facemask and cleats in the game right now. IF they Staired there budget towards the Improvement of the OD( which was big in 09) and they improved pursuit angles and they seem to have created a acutal pocket, these things just mentioned IS what will keep gamers playing.Improved Defensive AI is what will keep gamers playing.

With that being said, all you guys Crying about no new cleats and facemask etc,you come off as a bunch of females, reason being when you watch football if your focusing on a players attire more than the actual game something is wrong.OHHH look at percys facemask, thats hot!!! seriously, let them do what they will the game can only get better.stop comparing it to last gen , because if you didnt noticed next gen game was builted from scratch and before they add those accessories you guys want so much i would rather them get the AI for the game down right,And if they had to exclude dreads and new cleats to do so, its something i can live with because i would rather have a game that plays well, than a game that has horrible AI and a Great assortment of "awesome" accessories.

For the ones that are threathing to quit because theres no new cleats , dreads or handtowels, please just quit, skip this years game if you must , we will let you know when its added, and its no animosity to anyone, but when i looked at the updates they release some of you guys go out of your way to talk down on them just because your not getting the new accessories.
Just doesn't get it...
Old 04-06-2009, 11:13 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83

And id agree with you in every other situation, but this. Competition is healthy. I think any time you have a hold on the market, any market, the way EA does, something needs to be done.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:27 AM   #69
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
Both of you are pretty much wrong.

Gameplay is important, absolutely, but gameplay and gameplay alone will NOT create a great title. Go look at any other good game. Take Grand Theft Auto IV for example. If that game focused on nothing but gameplay, made it the best it could possibly be, do you think it would be as good as it is? Nope, wanna know why? Atmosphere and details. If they stuck you in a bland city, with a bland atmosphere yet gave you amazing gameplay, you would become bored EXTREMELY quickly. The same thing applies here. To make NCAA and Madden great, gameplay needs to be good BUT presentation and atmosphere need to be just as good if not better to keep you engrossed in the experience.
I think you are way off and wrong.

TECMO Bowl... worst graphics ever, but for the time it was fun and is still a really fun game. In fact, it is still a better game than NCAA on NG.

NCAA 04... Graphics and details not really great at all. Gameplay was awesome and it is considered one of the greatest football games of all times. Better game than NCAA on NG.

Next Gen Consoles have all these pretty details for NCAA and the game SUCKS!!! I think people that complain about socks, colors, etc. are all moe's. Just doesn't make sense to me. Who cares about dreads when the game is unplayable? NCAA 09 is a broken title and unplayable, but you guys are worrying about stupid dread locks. That is mind boggling.

I think GTA is a horrible example because the gameplay sucks. I rented the game and took it back early. I also don't think the detail is that great. It is OK, but nothing special.

What makes a great game is having...
1. Great Gameplay
2. Great Graphics
3. Great Detail

Call of Duty is the perfect example. They got the Gameplay down then worried about the Graphics then worried about detail.

Gameplay is the roots of all gaming.

Last edited by heavy_hitter; 04-06-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:56 AM   #70
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
I think you are way off and wrong.

TECMO Bowl... worst graphics ever, but for the time it was fun and is still a really fun game. In fact, it is still a better game than NCAA on NG..
Haha, no, you cant compare the 2. TECMO bowl was great because its what we had at the time. There wasnt anything to really compare it to, that has completely changed since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
NCAA 04... Graphics and details not really great at all. Gameplay was awesome and it is considered one of the greatest football games of all times. Better game than NCAA on NG..
Again, nope. NCAA 04, for the time, did look good, played well and had alot of the things ppl were calling for at the time.

Quote:
Next Gen Consoles have all these pretty details for NCAA and the game SUCKS!!! I think people that complain about socks, colors, etc. are all moe's. Just doesn't make sense to me. Who cares about dreads when the game is unplayable? NCAA 09 is a broken title and unplayable, but you guys are worrying about stupid dread locks. That is mind boggling.
Nope. Again. NCAA doesn't have the small details that made past titles great. The fact that the game doesn't play that well is just an added shot.

Quote:
I think GTA is a horrible example because the gameplay sucks. I rented the game and took it back early. I also don't think the detail is that great. It is OK, but nothing special.
And you're pretty much wrong. The gameplay is solid but the overall experience is increased because of the attention to detail. You can not like GTA IV, but if you cant see that whats there is really well made, then you have no business talking quality as you just cant recognize quality.

Quote:
What makes a great game is having...
1. Great Gameplay
2. Great Graphics
3. Great Detail

Call of Duty is the perfect example. They got the Gameplay down then worried about the Graphics then worried about detail.

Gameplay is the roots of all gaming.
Well IW focused on all equally. They didnt release a CoD without having all 3 being solid. I agree gameplay is the root of all gaming, I'm not arguing that. What i am saying is its NOT the ONLY thing that matters. If you have great gameplay and that alone, your title wont be anything to write home about. Your problem is you see ppl complaining about the lack of long hair or other equipment and think its just about that, its not. Its about detail. Detail that has been missing since the leap to the current line of systems. They can fix both gameplay and add to the detail/presentation at the same time. If NOTHING else in this game changes other than the gameplay, you are still going to have a mediocre title.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #71
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
OMT, first fo all thank you for taking the time to reply to this. However, I find your answer lacking because you guys knew LAST YEAR there was a big uproar about this and yet you are acting in this post as if you're just now hearing about dreadlocks, long hair and at this point it's too late. I just don't get it. Same deal for refs and the chain gang.

When you guys are setting around talking about the new game do you completely forget everything discussed about the previous year's game until you come into the forums and get reminded in April? Because it sure seems that way.
Nothing in my post indicated that I'm acting like I'm just hearing about it now. It isn't because it is April that it won't be in the game... this feature didn't make the cut in September.

Also, I disagree there was a huge uproar about it last year. At least you've taken mullets off your list of demands.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 12:21 PM   #72
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
Again EA has a company wide policy to push certain things to the maximum while leaving out auxilary items like this. This has been posted and and confirmed from folks at EA.

This is a company policy. It is what makes EA games the way they are. What they have in is impressive but what they leave out is why the games feel so stagnant, lifeless and do not maintain interest for myself.

I am not surprised at all that EA has left out many small features while maximizing other features....that is how they are structured.
I'm not familiar with this policy.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »