Home

Recruiting Busts?

This is a discussion on Recruiting Busts? within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2010, 08:55 AM   #9
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Recruiting Busts?

Yeah I'd say that we kind of get the busts with some 5 and 4 stars that don't pan out, but I can't say that we get a lot of jewels outside of some good 3 star players. And to me, a 3 star player is so middle of the road, if he turns out to be really good, it's not a huge surprise. Hopefully with the implementation of the potential rating, we could see some 2 and 1 star players that have high potential and turn out to be good. That'd make turning around teams really fun. But of course, we don't know if we'll be able to determine what kind of potential the player has.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1

i think this is kind of in already but not really official. but it would be cool if players would progress faster if things like athletic facilities and coach experience/prestige were high. because those are things that factor into a players improvement over a 4-5 year span.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:44 AM   #11
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

I have had several 4* and 5* busts, and I have also had several 2-3* players that have been amazing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2010, 12:18 PM   #12
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I've had a couple of busts... one was a 5 star CB who came in as an 89 rated Freshman. I was Colorado in my 6th year and just lost a CB to graduation. The kid I lost was amazing. Had 33 interceptions in his four years and 11 were returned for TD's. I knew his leaving was going to create a huge hole.

So in comes this 5 star who played like a total chump. Halfway through his freshman year I replaced him w/ my 4th string CB... a 68... and immediately got better play at the position.

His second year he rode the bench... had him 7th string... LOL then he transferred out.
Are you saying he was rated an 89 but played horribly? Or did his rating drop also? Do you know what ratings caused him to stink it up?
Old 07-02-2010, 12:39 PM   #13
Rookie

Cubs017's Arena

OVR: 2

I'd like to see a few more 2* players turn into great players. That sort of thing isn't really uncommon in conferences like the MAC, where guys can come out of nowhere (1-2* recruits with few or no BCS Conference offers) and become great college and even NFL Quarterbacks.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:45 PM   #14
Rookie

DaltonT4's Arena

OVR: 5

I had a 1* ROLB and even though he came in as a 68 but finished at 82. He ended his senior season as an All-American with 122 tackles, dude was a beast when i played with him.
NFL: Cincinnati Bengals
Old 07-02-2010, 02:24 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 20

I have seen quite a few 2 star players that have had one skill or another that would get them on the field for me and then they ended up being very good players. I one time had a 2 star running back that came in like a 71 or 72 overall but with 96 speed, 90 spin, and 86 juke moves. I used him as my second back and would bring him in for screens and tosses a couple times a game and he became a very good playmaker and by his (RS) senior year he was up to an 86 overall and was actually my starting back.

Also have had a couple 2 star QBs come in that due to my weak team starting off with either idaho of sjsu or someone they would after one good year of progression end up being the starter and playing pretty well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2010, 02:30 PM   #16
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

This is one thing last year with the series that went well for me both ways. In my UTA dynasty, I had a 2 star running back that ended up 1,552 yards with 20 touchdowns in his senior season. Conversely, I had a 4 star wide receiver come in who never made it above 84 OVR and who couldn't catch the ball in any pressure situation. It made the game a lot more fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »