Home

Recruiting Busts?

This is a discussion on Recruiting Busts? within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2010, 08:40 AM   #25
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Recruiting Busts?

I know this isn't exactly what's being discussed, but I found if you pay attention more to individual KEY ratings for positions, you'll never be dissapointed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2010, 09:44 AM   #26
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I know this isn't exactly what's being discussed, but I found if you pay attention more to individual KEY ratings for positions, you'll never be dissapointed
KEY ratings?
Old 07-03-2010, 09:53 AM   #27
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

Like for LB's, block shedding and tackling. For DB's coverage. etc
Old 07-03-2010, 10:51 AM   #28
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

That's what I don't like about seeing their ratings. You can go through 3 star guys and find a guy who has B ratings at everything important and know he'll come in as an 80-82 overall guy, and you can look at a 4 star and know he's gonna come in as a 74 overall. But I have had guys come in before and just be total monsters as 3 stars. Not often, but I've had a few who were good enough to start. Can't recall having a 5 star as a bust, though. Maybe they came in as a 78 or so for me, but that's about the worst I'll get overall wise, and they always play better than their rating.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 07-03-2010, 11:46 AM   #29
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

I've had 3*s come in better than 5*s. Like Shiz said there are some key ratings that may make a lower overall player better. I wish these situations would happen a little more. It would be nice if we had to scout instead of like having the attributes handed to us.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:59 PM   #30
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

I think each program should have assistants who are assigned to scout certain positions and they come up with the ratings for the players. When the player signs, then you find out what their real rating is.

The assistants could be spot on or dead wrong, but you have to go by what your assistant's say... just like real life.

This puts an emphasis on assistant coaches and adds a new level to recruiting and dynasties.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:04 PM   #31
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

While I like your idea, they wouldn't even have to go that deep. Again, 07 on the original Xbox, you a had a choice rather to recruit guys or scout. when you would scout, it'd give you their true numbers. Sometimes they were worse or better than their original numbers. If you didnt scout, you could end up landing a guy who's 40 said 4.3, but he comes in as a 85 speed. The draw back to scouting was, you could possibly fall behind in recuriting .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2010, 02:11 PM   #32
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
I think each program should have assistants who are assigned to scout certain positions and they come up with the ratings for the players. When the player signs, then you find out what their real rating is.

The assistants could be spot on or dead wrong, but you have to go by what your assistant's say... just like real life.

This puts an emphasis on assistant coaches and adds a new level to recruiting and dynasties.
The only way I would say yes to this idea is if you could view about 20 highlights of the player you're scouting. At least that way you would get a feel for him and possibly see how and if he fits into your system.

That would be realistic as well. But just relying on scouts w/ nothing else to go on? No thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »