Home

Sim engine fix for NCAA 2006

This is a discussion on Sim engine fix for NCAA 2006 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2005, 11:58 AM   #25
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Sim engine fix for NCAA 2006

I'll be looking for that updated version too. But damn this sounds like a lot of work. This is like buying a car and having to swap the engine yourself to get it to run correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 12:31 PM   #26
Rookie

nstod's Arena

OVR: 6

Here is a link to the new one:

http://www.utopiafootball.com/forums...ad.php?t=30143
Old 08-11-2005, 04:48 PM   #27
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
Ha. I think its not a matter of not reading, I think its a matter of why must we go through all this just to enjoy the game the way its SUPPOSE to play. I have a job, I have a house, I have bills to pay, I have a kid to raise, I have a dog and a cat, I have a yard and pretty flowers to take care of.....now I have to reprogram a video game to make it work correctly??? OMG, you have got to be kidding me!
That's exactly what I said.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-11-2005, 06:30 PM   #28
Rookie

sorceri's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstod
Arrgh. Not a member there, can someone please copy and paste here? Thanks
Old 08-12-2005, 12:49 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceri
Arrgh. Not a member there, can someone please copy and paste here? Thanks
Same here!
Old 08-12-2005, 09:42 AM   #30
Rookie

nstod's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Whew!!!!!

After about 500-600 Sims of season 1 of a dynasty in NCAA 2006, and about 25 hours of sleep over the past week and a half, I am at a point that I can call Highly acceptable given the fact that the entire sim engine is broke on this damn game. I was initialy of the opinion that the Sim engine's main problem was ratings, and though that is part of it, I think the real problem is that the simmed game stats aren't all being recorded in the right categories. Mainly Sacks and Passing attempts. From what I can tell, in "Sim World", If a team is attempting to run a passing play and the defense get's into the QB's face and puts him under pressure and TACKLES HIM, The sim engine see's that first move that the QB makes to avoid the sack as a "Rushing Attempt" and when he DOES get sacked, it is documented in the stat log as a Rush for a loss by the QB..... That would explain the insane Completion%'s/QB Effeciency Ratings......Not ANYTHING I can do about that. But that's Ok, I HAVE gotten the QB Ratings WAYYY down and decreased the TD totals for Passing By a HUGE degree, to the point that you can compete for the Heisman as a QB without having to throw 6 TDs a Game for 90% of your games in a season.

I have had a great deal of help from all of you that put some of the resource material together for me....Playbooks, NCAA stat Compilation from Last year, etc.... I will have to look back through this thread and Threads on other boards to give credit where it is do, and I will put it at the top of this post tomorrow and put some more details in over the next few days, but for now, I am dead fuggin tired, it is 4:00 in the morning and I really need to just get this fix up here on this page so you guys can fix your franchises.

Focusing on the QB Efficiency Rating alone this is what you get in "Default" coaching sliders:
NUMBER OF QB'S WITH +200 QB RATING=Varies from 4-6 in year one
REAL NCAA QB'S WITH +200 QB EFFICIENCY RATING=0
SOURCE LINK=
http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank....sseff&site=org

TD'S=avg-3 qb's with 49+, avg 19 qb'S with 30-48 TD's
REAL NCAA QB TD'S-...+49=0, ONE WITH 41, SIX QB'S WITH +30
SOURCE LINK=

ATTEMPTS=HIGHEST=1 QB WITH 525-531 att, 35 QB'S 300-399 att, NO QB'S 400 TO 500, NO QB OVER 600.
REAL NCAA PASS ATTEMPTS=HIGHEST= 2QB'S OVER 600!, 1QB OVER 500, 9QB 400-499, VAST MAJORITY QB'S 300-400.
SOURCE LINK=
http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank....rpass&site=org

+70 COMP%=38-44QB'S, HIGHEST QB=81%, LOWEST QB=56%, VAST MAJORITY=+63%
REAL NCAA COMP%=2 QB'S+70%, HIGHEST=73.54%, LOWEST=42.34%, VAST MAJORITY=53-61%.
SOURCE LINK=

INT'S=12-15 QB'S WITH 11-19, NONE OVER 19, VAST MAJORITY WITH 4-9, 3 QB'S WITH 1 INT/and + 24 TD's!
REAL NCAA INT'S=HIGHEST=2QB'S WITH 19, LOWEST= 3QB'S WITH 3INT'S,*this particular area looks pretty good actually, untill you look at TD/INT ratio...too many TD's for the vast majority of EA QB's!

WHERE I HAVE GOTTEN TO WITH QB STATS:
There are some trade offs that are apparent here. First thing to consider is that damn +200 QB RATING that is so rampant in the default state, that is simply unacceptable to me. Their is no way that you can have a Top Rated QB on your team if you are competing with those insane ratings since the CPU considers QB Efficiency Rating+Total Yards as the "Benchmark" for top rated QB's. You COULD compete that way but all of the games the HUM plays would have to be Shootouts with EVERY GAME having to be scores of upwards of 48 for the HUM just to enter into the Competition for top QB from year to year. For a lot of guys this is a fun way to play, not for me though, I Like a balanced game, Good Defense, Balanced Offense, with a realistic score and stats., But I am getting off the point here.......

TRADEOFFS
There are choices to be made between different Offensive and Defensive statistical categories. In real life NCAA if you notice, TEXAS TECH and HAWAII had the most pass attempts,(642 and 602). I can get the pass attempts up from the default results, (best was 621 for Tommy Chiang) for one or two guys, with no one in the 400 range.This also results in more QB's with better INT/TD ratios, but then the TD Passes and overall scoring goes through the roof as well as COMP% and low Rushing stats, (Highest Rusher being in the 1450 to 1550 yrd range). Although the Pass attempts will be up there for the Leading schools, It blows everything else out of whack League wide as far as Scoring, Total TD's Passed, Low Rushing yardage, too many +70% COMP% QB's, (around 12), No QB below 63%..etc. I can Take care of the Overall Scoring aspect of the QB's and get the COMP%'s down with a combination of RUN/PASS DEFENSE and MAX CONSERVATIVE DEF AGGRESSION, but then I ended up with HORRIBLE "SACK" Leaders,(best was 9 with 4-6 being the norm). So with a combination of ALL of the coaching sliders I Gave you guys a Blanket "QUICK FIX" for the sim engine to tide you over while I dug more deeply into this whole thing. The settings I am about to give you are MUCH better as they are "Team Specific", as well as being greatly more effective.

I am MUCH TO TIRED to go into all of the aspects of the formula I came up with to make this all possible...Suffice it to say that if you just put all of the values into all of the coaching strategies EXACTLY AS I SHOW YOU The sim engine will be MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, Closer to what we all want.

The MAIN THING that has to be remembered here is competition with the CPU. There are going to be a couple of Tradeoffs which I consider acceptable Given the Problems that we can't do anything about:

1.) NO QB IS GOING TO MAKE 600+ passing attempts in a season. If you did have a QB throw that many times in the sim engine, they would be rushing the ball less than 80 times for the whole year. You will see guys in the 450-525 range (1 or 2 QB's)

2.) SACKS: As I explained above, a couple of guys in the mid teens at best. If a Player gets 20 it's gonna be you getting it.

3.) TACKLES League Leaders around 100 right now. I will be able to get this better by tweaking some of the Defenses a bit.

4.) QB Completion Percentage : Because of the faulty stat reporting I described above, As well as QB THA ratings being too good, this will NEVER BE RIGHT. Believe me I tried as hard as I could to get around it, but I ended up giving too many other statistical areas away...So we are just going to have to get over it.

Ok those are the negatives......now for the POSITIVES!!

This is what we got!

RESULTS USING THE "TEAM SPECIFIC NCAA COACHING FORMULA"

PASSING:
NUMBER OF QB'S WITH +200 QB RATING=0
HIGHEST QB RATING=194.2
LOWEST QB RATING=120.1, (six QB's BELOW 130!)
Vast Majority in 140-153 range
MOST PASSING TD's=36!, 6 QB's bet. 30 and 35!
MOST PASSES INTERCEPTED=15, 12 QB'S +10 INT,
4000+ YARD PASSERS=0!-only one QB over 3500 yards, 3574 yards, 27TDs,11 INT, 144.2 QB Rating!
HIGHEST COMPLETION%=2 QB's @ 74%
TOTAL QB's WITH +70% COMPLETION%= 8..too many because of the flawed stat reporting I explained above,
HIGHEST AVG PER PASS=1 QB @ 11 yrds per pass...Guess who?..not who you think!
QB's WITH +300 YARDS PER GAME=4 !!
QB WITH LOWEST YARDS PER GAME, 75 ATTEMPTS MINIMUM=102.3 !!
MOST COMPLETED= 293comp/458att
SACKED!1 QB's with 37, 1 with 35, 20 QB's with between 25 and 35

RUSHING
MOST YARDS=1781/ 288att/5.9 avg/21 TD's/ long=67yds/ 156.4 yds per game
MOST TD's=21

DEFENSE
MOST TACKLES=95can be boosted with defensive SUB MORE/LESS adjustment if wanted
TKLS FOR LOSS=HIGH=29(LOLB), majority in the HIGH "teens"
MOST INTS=5
MOST PASSES DEFLECTED=16, There is a nice Range of Guys between 11-14
MOST FORCED FUM=4(OLB)

Those are the "KEY" stats.

SM27's TEAM SPECIFIC NCAA COACHING PHILOSOPHY FORMULA

You MUST DOWNLOAD THIS DOCUMENT....Microsoft Excel sheet That Timothy Stratten initialy created (Thanks Tim!) and DoctorHay and Myself kept working on. Print It up And Set up your FIXED DYNASTY

DOWNLOAD THIS EXCEL DOCUMENT AND PRINT IT UP!!

Step by step instructions to FIX the sim engine:

It makes no difference whether you play Varsity, AA, or Heisman. The sim Engine doesn't recognize the level you play on as a Factor.

1)
Download the spreadsheet and print it up. Make sure that the document is configured properly for your print set up so everything gets printed, ie. no missing categories.

2)
Turn on your xbox, (or Ps2), make sure you have the roster loaded you want to start a dynasty with. Make sure that your AI settings are loaded that you want to use in your dynasty.

3)
Be in a comfortable chair, with a new pack of Ciggs, a clean ashtray, a Notepad and pencil, and a pot of coffee....your gonna be here for a while.

4)
Select Game Mode "DYNASTY", pick the team or teams that you are going to play with and start it.

5 )
Now the fun starts, go to "Coaching Strategies".

6)
Before you get into this, take the phone off the hook, it get's confusing as hell if you get distracted by someone that makes you stop.

7)
It is a lot easier while doing this if you scroll through the teams in the game to the first team on the list in the excel spreadsheet, AKRON. Make up your mind that the sequence will be to adjust both all of the offensive, and all of the defensive coaching strategy sliders for each team in the alphabetical sequence that they appear in the spreadsheet on a Team by Team basis, following down the list in the spreadsheet...otherwise you might lose your place....don't want to do that.

8)
EXAMPLE OF HOW TO DO EACH TEAM:

AKRON=Example Team

Offense:
RUN/PASS=57/43
Move the slider untill it reflects 57%RUN/43%PASS

AGGRESSION=13%
Move the slider ALL OF THE WAY TO THE LEFT UNTIL IT IS EMPTY,(0%), then COUNT BACK TO THE RIGHT 13 "Clicks, this will represent "13%".

SUB%=67%
Since this is above 50% for this particular team, it is EASIER to move the slider ALL OF THE WAY TO THE RIGHT FIRST, this will represent 100%, then COUNT BACK DOWN TO THE LEFT 33 "Clicks". This is now representing 67%-(100% minus 33%=67%)

Akron's offense is now done, now do the same Process for Akron's DEFENSE

After the Defense is done for AKRON you will scroll to the next team on the list.."AIR FORCE". BE CAREFUL that you are on AIR FORCE'S OFFENSE Before you start moving things around....You want to make sure every step of the way so their is no doubt in your mind when you are all done that you have adjusted everything to the exact values that are displayed in the spreadsheet.

9)
Do this for ALL TEAMS. (I know it sux), Don't worry, after you do a few teams you will get a feel for it and be able to establish a Flow that will make it much faster than you think.

Ok, it's now a couple of hours later and you just finished FIXING all of the Teams...........

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE SAVE YOUR DYNASTY NOW so no matter what happens later on, you can always start your dynasty over from this point..You don't want to have to do this again.

READY TO PLAY?

Ok, Your a Hardcore Player, you want to start playing right now even though your Left Thumb is tired from "Counting Clicks".

Let's say that YOUR TEAM is the mighty MICHIGAN WOLVERINES,(Go BLUE!). The first game on your schedule is NORTHERN ILLINOIS.

BEFORE YOU START PLAYING YOUR GAME

1)
Go to COACHING STRATEGIES
Put all of the Coaching Strategy Sliders For both MICHIGAN and NORTHERN ILLINOIS back to their ORIGINAL SETTINGS which I have documented for you on Page One of the excel spreadsheet.

2)
Play your Game

3)
After your game is over, RE ADJUST THE COACHING STRATEGY SLIDERS BACK TO "The Fix" settings, using the spreadsheet. This will insure that the team you just played against keeps simulating it's other games realisticly.
I have attached the spreadsheet to this post.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sm27_sNCAASimEngineFixaug10th2005.zip (34.2 KB, 171 views)
Old 08-12-2005, 12:47 PM   #31
Rookie

Hey_Rebby's Arena

OVR: 7
Thumbs up Re: Sim engine fix for NCAA 2006

Thanks...I will get cracking on these tonight!

Last edited by Hey_Rebby; 08-12-2005 at 12:47 PM. Reason: typo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2005, 04:51 PM   #32
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Offense:
RUN/PASS=57/43
Move the slider untill it reflects 57%RUN/43%PASS

AGGRESSION=13%
Move the slider ALL OF THE WAY TO THE LEFT UNTIL IT IS EMPTY,(0%), then COUNT BACK TO THE RIGHT 13 "Clicks, this will represent "13%".

Where do we get the aggression % stats at?

Are they attached to spreadsheet?

Last edited by cable guy; 08-12-2005 at 04:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »