Home

option is money every time?

This is a discussion on option is money every time? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2006, 11:27 PM   #9
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: option is money every time?

It's certainly not money for me everytime. In my 5th season with Penn State I have a 99 overall QB with 90 for speed, 99 for THP and 91 for THA. I also have a 95 overall RB (both were the #1 prospect in the country at their position coming out of HS).

So needless to say I've got the tools to run the option to death. It's certainly successful a fair share of the time, but if I abuse it the CPU will start stacking the box and blitzing a ton of LB's.

I'd say for me, using the sliders I'm using, it's pretty darn realistic.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-11-2006, 09:08 AM   #10
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

I usually bust a few big gains, but by no means is it money.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:21 PM   #11
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I love the option so I run it as much as the defense will allow me. After playing a lot of "play now" games to get the feel for the game, I've just started my dynasty. I'm playing as Michigan and North Carolina (neither of whom have quarterbacks who have any business running the option). North Carlolina had their main HB rush for 190 yds (in a loss) against Rutgers' C-ish defense using mostly the option. Michigan, on the other hand, couldn't even get Mike Hart (their main HB) 100 yds trying the option. Michigan won the game on Chad Henne's arm because Vanderbilt's Cish defense shut down my option very well (I probably had as many tackles for loss on the option as I had rushes for positive yards off of my option).

That 190+ yard performance by McGill of North Carolina is by FAR my best option performance.

I play on the 360 with mainly Jistic's AA sliders but with my run blocking @ 0 and pass blocking @ 30.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2006, 04:41 PM   #12
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

This option is hit or miss for me. My starting QB has a speed rating of 76-78, so he's not great, but he's not bad either.

If you play against a good front 7, they can shut it down pretty easily. I played VA Tech the other day in year 4 of my dynasty, and they blew it up on two staight plays...I didn't bother running it again.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:32 PM   #13
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4

option is only money on varsity level...once you step up and play real teams with REAL defenses, it is hit or miss depending on how well you read the DE (and whether or not your line is playing red rover with the DTs)...Real-life option is by no means money (ask Nebraska), so unless your Vince Young behind the sticks, a Def Awr of 100 should make your team 3 pump chumps...
Old 09-12-2006, 02:49 PM   #14
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4

I hardly run it at all on good teams. Anyone with speed on defense destroys my option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »