Home

Text Size in '08

This is a discussion on Text Size in '08 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2007, 05:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Text Size in '08

Mind you, I just got done ATTEMPTING to play Dead Rising on the 360 ...

I have a standard definition TV, so for games that have a good bit of text, if the game doesn't account for standard def TV's, the text can be very hard to read (see: Dead Rising). I'm wondering, with the huge improvement in the Recruiting function for '08, will it be hard to read all that text for us poor standard def people?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2007, 05:32 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Text Size in '08

Yes, it is unfortunately. Why doesn't EA realize that a majority of gamers play on SDTVs and to make the text readable.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:07 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
Yes, it is unfortunately. Why doesn't EA realize that a majority of gamers play on SDTVs and to make the text readable.
Why do SDTV owners try to play games on a system that's not meant for their televisions, and then complain when they can't see the text? I was a guy who had a 360 and an SDTV...and if I ever came across text I couldn't read, I didn't blame the people who made the games. I blamed myself for trying to the an HD experience with an SD television.

Last edited by TJdaSportsGuy; 11-11-2007 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:11 PM   #4
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Why do SDTV owners try to play games on a system that's not meant for their televisions, and then complain when they can't see the text? I was a guy who had a 360 and an SDTV...and if I ever came across text I couldn't read, I didn't blame the people who made the games. I blamed myself for trying to the an HD experience with an SD television.
Amen. Getting a 360 or PS3 for an SDTV is like getting extra cheese on a Domino's pizza.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:41 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFan
Mind you, I just got done ATTEMPTING to play Dead Rising on the 360 ...

I have a standard definition TV, so for games that have a good bit of text, if the game doesn't account for standard def TV's, the text can be very hard to read (see: Dead Rising). I'm wondering, with the huge improvement in the Recruiting function for '08, will it be hard to read all that text for us poor standard def people?
I play sometimes on a HDTV, but when I do play on a SDTV I can read the text just fine. It might be because I sit 2 feet or so away from my TV but still..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2007, 09:39 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I disagree. They don't mark on the box "for HDTV use only". HDTV is supposed to enhance the experience, but the games should still be playable on an SD television.

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:45 AM   #7
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

you could always buy the VGA adaptor and play off your computer monitor. thats what i do. cheap HDTV that serves multiple purpose.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:19 AM   #8
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasin2K3
I disagree. They don't mark on the box "for HDTV use only". HDTV is supposed to enhance the experience, but the games should still be playable on an SD television.
I agree with you man. Makes no sense that I can't read the score or see the clock clearly. I had my HDTV stolen so I know the difference. Can't afford to get another one yet. TJ, do you work for a next gen company because like this dude said, they don't mark the box "HDTV only." The text is too small for people that still have a SDTV period. You can't justify that with "its next gen, spend more money on 1000 dollar tvs if you want to see the screen." And it's not like I play on a 15 in. SDTV. It's preetty big, but I don't want to sit 2 feet away to see the score in Madden and NCAA. You'd think they would just make it a little bigger that's all. All love fellas

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »