Home

Greatest Moment(s) in NCAA History

This is a discussion on Greatest Moment(s) in NCAA History within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2007, 03:09 PM   #9
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Greatest Moment(s) in NCAA History

Before the USC-Texas Championship game I played as Texas in a recreation of the game before it happened. I lost in double OT - maybe the most thrilling game I've ever played. It was just back and forth. Leinart was unbelievable although I kept Bush from getting 100 yards. VY was great for me.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:18 PM   #10
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
That is amazing. The Clones can't be stopped!
Yea we had a good run for a few years.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:24 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 8

Playing as Louisivlle in the SEC against an undefeated Georgia team. Good game back and forth but I'm losing by 6 and it looks like I'm done, as UGA has the ball and driving, I used my last timeout and theres under a minute left. They get to my 10 yard line or something and time is about to expire and its 4th down. They have to hike the ball though and they stupidly call for a FG...

They hike it with 1 or 2 seconds left, I block the FG, scoop it up and run 85 yards for a TD to tie and then tack on the PAT to win it....all with no time left. I was going nuts. Made a long newspaper style write up in the dynasty forum, it was just a couple weeks ago
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2007, 06:06 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike01
Playing as Louisivlle in the SEC against an undefeated Georgia team. Good game back and forth but I'm losing by 6 and it looks like I'm done, as UGA has the ball and driving, I used my last timeout and theres under a minute left. They get to my 10 yard line or something and time is about to expire and its 4th down. They have to hike the ball though and they stupidly call for a FG...

They hike it with 1 or 2 seconds left, I block the FG, scoop it up and run 85 yards for a TD to tie and then tack on the PAT to win it....all with no time left. I was going nuts. Made a long newspaper style write up in the dynasty forum, it was just a couple weeks ago
Ha! I remember reading about that!
Old 06-27-2007, 07:53 PM   #13
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

I can't remember exactly which NCAA it was, I think it was the last year Purdue had Kyle Orton.

Anyway, me and my brother have been having NCAA battles every year since NCAA 2003. I had Texas and he had Purdue.

The whole first half, he was eating me up w/ his passing game. Mine was none existent, but my ground game helped enough to go into halftime losing 24-14. Usually I start brain storming on how to make a comeback.This time I stayed calm and went to a more zone type scheme, and started getting INT's left and right. On offense I just went to the the 4 WR set and killed him w/ the option. Going into the 3rd quarter i was only losing 30-28.

He started blitzing left and right to stop the option so I started throwing a lot of quick 3 step drop passes. My defense was still causing INT's and knocking balls down. 5 seconds left in the game, I line up at his 4 in 5 wide. He has his defense in the dime and spreads his lineman out. I called a QB draw, I motioned my WR to the off balance side to make him think I was doing a slot option. He moves his MLB over. I snap the ball, and walk into the end zone and win the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 06-27-2007, 08:59 PM   #14
Banned

GoDevilsASU's Arena

OVR: 3

NCAA 2005 - I played a dynasty with my roommate - he took Colorado State and I took New Mexico. I beat him 6 straight years and won 3 NC's to his zero. He came up with some formula for recruiting and claimed this was the year to finally beat me. We both came into the game 7-0 and the winner would win the MWC title. The loser wouldn't even go to a BCS game b/c of our weak conference schedule - which is why we chose two teams from the MWC.

As the game between CSU-UNM is played at CSU, he gets every break imagineable and still it's tied at 20-20 late in the 4th Qtr. With seconds remaining in regulation, he sacks my QB and recovers a fumble on my 10 yard line. There's 8 seconds remaining in the game. He has no timeouts left, so he kicks the FG and goes up 23-20 with 6 seconds remaining. Right after the kick, his girly calls him and he answers the phone. He's beaming on the phone to her and tells her he is on his way over to her house in a few minutes. He gets off the phone and apologizes to me and then laughs and says "I never thought I'd see this day".

He kicks off, but accidently kicks it out of bounds. So, no time goes off the clock and I get it at my 40. He goes into a prevent D, so I run a run play up the middle for 10 yards and call my last timeout with 2 seconds left. I go shotgun, triple wide and throw a bomb over the middle. It gets tipped up several times and my WR comes down with on the last play of the game to give the win to UNM 26-23. He just put the controller down, spit into his chew cup, and walked into his bedroom. He never came back out and our dynasty ended right there. An hour later, his girly knocked on our door. I still laugh about with him to this day. Oh yeah, to my knowledge he's never played NCAA ever again.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:14 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

NCAA 2002. I was in my 4th or 5th year of my dynasty using Heisman sliders that were nearly maxed in the CPU's favor. I was Virginia and every single game I played was a 14-10 or 9-7 type game because the sliders made the game so hard. It didnt matter if I was playing Duke or Florida State, I was in for a battle. I had barely lost to FSU every year in my dynasty and finally beat them. I went on to the National title game against USC. I beat them something like 13-9 in a game with probably 10 total turnovers. I don't think I ever turned that game back on after that. I had been playing 2-3 exhibition games against friends every night during the summer/early fall and finally started my dynasty in late September. After 5 years worth of Dynasty, I was ready for that game to die.

side note: this was fall semester of 2001 when I was playing this game. At the time, I thought it was ridiculous that I was playing USC for the National Championship because at the time, and the 5 previous years, they had been so miserable. They were basically a 6-6 type team every year. Anyways, when I beat them in the Championship Game it would have been 2004 or 2005, I cant really remember. EA was quite prophetic in that situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2007, 09:22 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

For NCAA 2004 - My greatest win was in this league I was co-commish with this other guy who wanted to have me play in place of someone else who had UCLA. We would do this sometimes and it was decided before the game whether it was a "real" game or a game just for statistics. Since this guy always beat me he encouraged me to play by saying it would be a real game and maybe I'd pull one out of my hat and beat his 10-0 USC Trojans (who had won the title in our league the previous 2 years, never being beaten).

Anyways. not a lot to the story here, it was tied at halftime at 21 each and neither team could stop the other. I did get a 14 point lead at one point in the 3rd quarter but he managed to get a fumble and got it tied back up again. Heading into the 4th quarter I was up by 7 points and had the ball. Unfortunately my RB fumbled and gave him the ball back and so it went, another tie.

With 1 minute to go and losing by 3 points he got the ball and proceeded to drive down the field and I can't recall exactly what happened but he had a quick strike pass or run (this was what killed him in hindsight) to set himself up for the win with about 20 seconds to go. I used 2 of my timeouts (I had all of them) and he finally scored with 15 seconds left. He was up by 4, score was 42-38.

At this point he kicks off to me and my return guy makes a couple of fantastic moves up the sideline and takes it back to the 50 or so. There are about 7 or 8 seconds left now. I throw it deep down the middle and it's caught about the 22 yard line or so and I immediately get tackled (thank goodness) and call a timeout with 1 second left. One play, no timeouts and 22 yards or so to go.

I remember the play like it was yesterday, I dropped back, dodged the defensive end, spotted my WR on the outside running a corner route and threw a mid-level (not a lob, not a bullet) pass in his direction. He catches it but is still at about the 4 yard line and there is a cornerback right there. He stiff arms the cornerback, it doesn't work, the cornerback tackles him but he falls forward into the end zone........UCLA WINS!! 45-42!!

Of course being the whiny little you know what he was, he refused to accept the score and said we were playing for stats only. At this time the head (main) commish and I were somewhat on the outs so he supported the guy and it never counted. But the guy I beat knows his season that year was not undefeated. And I know it too

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »