Home

NCAA 09 with Montana

This is a discussion on NCAA 09 with Montana within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2008, 05:41 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: NCAA 09 with Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-train
I dont know about this, but when you get Madden 07 on the PS2 along with the 1-A teams player's getting drafted does the 1-AA players get included if they're good enough?
Yes because you have to essentially move a 1-aa team to 1-a in the game to play with them during a dynasty. So their players would go in the draft export. However unless you create a player no 1-aa team in the game would ever have a player get drafted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2008, 05:50 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
Yep, absolutely right. Apalachian State could not compete with Idaho on the game, because all of Appalachian State's players were rated in the 50s and 50s with a few players in the lower 60s. It was impossible for them to actually beat an 1-A team, much less a ranked 1-A team.

BTW, Ghettoshark, I know you from Madden Mania. I am just superjames over there, though.
Exactly. I don't want EA to overblow this though. An upset should occur maybe once every 5 or so seasons. Of course, 1AA teams should beat weak 1A teams occasionally (but also not often, many weak 1A teams also beat up on 1AA's). 1A teams shouldn't blow out 1AA teams by over 60 points. Even top 10 teams shouldn't be able to do that. Many good 1A vs medium 1AA games are blowouts with a mid 30's to 40's point difference.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:18 AM   #27
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

I agree with whoever said that the Wii version will just be a port of the PS2 version which already had these teams. I would like to see FCS teams, not necessarily D-2 teams, since EA would probably spend to much time getting them in then actually improving the game, but I will not buy this game if it sucks like last year, but I do wanna see these teams in. Because I know sometimes the Ducks play FCS teams, and I don't want to play "FCS South Division" or whatever they called them. It's just horrible how EA Shorts has been shorting us on their games.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:24 AM   #28
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

I loved bringing the Div IAA teams into last gen NCAA. Should def. make that happen along with their rosters.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:27 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 62

Here is what I just don't get. Back in the PS1 days, the NCAA series had a dynasty mode that incorporated the D1-AA/FCS teams in nearly all aspects. They recruited against the D1-A/FBS schools and had their own Top 10 during the season.

How in the world don't we have that anymore?

I mean yes it had its problems, I remember seeing Bethune-Cookman signing three 5*s one year.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:10 PM   #30
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
I, and many others here completely disagree with this. Most of us have noticed that momentum turned most games into blowouts one way or the other. It seemed that if you could get momentum on your side the CPU would just turn the ball over all the time.
The CPU turns the ball over all the time anyway.
My observations were mostly from playing online. It never seemed like I or my opponent gained an advantage from filling that momentum meter, even though it frequently got filled up at the start of a game with a FG to make it 3-0.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:15 PM   #31
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
Momentum turned games into blowouts. Also, you would lose to way too many teams you should not have lost to and would beat teams you should not beat too often. Sure, upsets happened, but the momentum meter was way overdone. It seemed like the first team to score almost always lost the game.
Seriously? It never seemed that way to me. I think you guys let the little meter get into your head.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2008, 07:02 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
Seriously? It never seemed that way to me. I think you guys let the little meter get into your head.
Well, I was playing against the computer, so that may be why the meter was more prevalent to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »