Home

NCAA Football 09 Official First Look: NCAA Strategies

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Official First Look: NCAA Strategies within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2008, 06:29 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: NCAA Football 09 Official First Look: NCAA Strategies

The game still sound broken to me. My bold prediction is the game they play now will be the game we will play in July. I don't think "tweaks" are enough to change these issues.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:29 AM   #58
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Pasta Padre has some great insight as well: http://www.pastapadre.com/category/ncaa-football-gaming

The PS3 version looks great. I'm loving what I'm reading so far but I'm bummed that there are no extra camera angles and that the cpu QB AI is still suspect in terms of throwing it deep. Looking forward to more news from these guys.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:07 AM   #59
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Here is some information from Pasta at pastapadre.com. Thanks for the link Rudy.

"When it comes to the offensive-defensive balance I’d say the leaning is clearly towards the offense. However in most of the games that were played the scores ended up realistic. It brought about more excitement due to the big plays. Scores will likely depend heavily on the styles of the people playing. With longer quarters (7+ minutes) on All-American the scores would probably be unrealistically high."

That doesn't sound too good. Maybe that's just for HUM v. HUM, but it looks like DAWR and other defensive sliders will have to be maxed (except for INT because that would just mean more points from returns ). My guess is NCAA '10 will be the year of the D!
Old 04-25-2008, 07:14 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
The game still sound broken to me. My bold prediction is the game they play now will be the game we will play in July. I don't think "tweaks" are enough to change these issues.
You are correct.

All of the hard code is already been put in place by this time in development. This game will not see 'major' changes before the retail version is done.

If the INT issue and the lack of a QB pocket is not in by now, we will not see either corrected by the final version.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:32 AM   #61
stewaat

OVR:

I want to focus on the positive but...INTs=game killer.

I'm getting the game but I just hope that the INT slider will mean something this year.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2008, 07:58 AM   #62
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

As I've said before. One Camera Angle=No buy

Like someone else said, three years in and still one playable camera angle when PS2 had about 6.

I just don't get it.

Another thing about the whole casual gamer-sim gamer. I am sure I am wrong or they wouldn't do it this way, because the bottom line is making as much momye as possibel, but it would seem that making one of the games, either Madden or NCAA more sim would benefit them, probably NCAA because if players are more casual why would they be buying two games that are almost the same thing. Plus I would think Madden would be the first buy.

Massive run-on sentence there but you get the point.

When you make 2 diffeernt games every year why can't one lean more to the hardcore.

I am sure no one cares but back to 08 ps2 NCAA and probably Madden as well.

Thanks.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:00 AM   #63
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Add me to the list of people who are hopeful it will be good, but is concerned with a few issues in that write up........Cmon EA, youve still got time

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:10 AM   #64
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Well after reading NCAAstrategies and pastas impressions it appears that these games still have the casuals in mind in terms of gameplay.

Big Emphasis on Big hits, Ints, fumbles, Juke Moves, higher scores.....instead of the meat and potatoes of the game of Football.

Our only hope is that they have better functioning Sliders this year

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »