Home

It's official, I'm over it.

This is a discussion on It's official, I'm over it. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 01:38 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: It's official, I'm over it.

I'm still playing NCAA 07 and NFL 2K5 because I cannot stand next-gen football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 01:51 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 6
Angry Re: It's official, I'm over it.

You know what? I have come to a realization that people are just dumb. All I hear is bitching and complaining about EA this or EA that. I LOVE NBA 2k and I wish that 2k could make NFL football games again but you know what, last year, I had to wait FOREVER to get a damn patch and they NEVER are on time with roster updates. That game needs a lot of tweaking out of the box also but yet if you ask anyone who plays NCAA/Madden what basketball game they would prefer it is going to be NBA 2k. I have yet to hear any complaints about "I'm not supporting 2k anymore" even though they have also had glitches that have been in the game for YEARS. They still get praise from everyone including me. Game developers are not perfect. They all have the same problems. How many years have we said this? DON"T BUY THE GAME UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING!!! It is not that hard.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:57 PM   #27
Pro

TSOLEliot's Arena

OVR: 12

I've been buying the NCAA games a year later for about $15 bux and pretty happy..If I paid $60, I'd be very upset.

I heard 2008 was a step backwards so I'm hesitant to pick up and doesn't look like I'll get 2009 either...

Having a lot of fun with NCAA 2004 on the old X-box...it's a blast seeing which players are in the pro's now.

NFL- Eagles
NHL- Flyers
NCAA- Fresno State
Old 07-18-2008, 02:02 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSOLEliot
I've been buying the NCAA games a year later for about $15 bux and pretty happy..If I paid $60, I'd be very upset.

I heard 2008 was a step backwards so I'm hesitant to pick up and doesn't look like I'll get 2009 either...

Having a lot of fun with NCAA 2004 on the old X-box...it's a blast seeing which players are in the pro's now.
This is the biggest red flag. If people are still playing titles from 04, 05, 07, because the 08, 09 versions are not up to par then why are we paying 10 bucks more. On top of that if people are playing a 4 year old title it shows just how much the gameplay has taken a step back.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:06 PM   #29
Rookie

MiamiWarrior's Arena

OVR: 2

You know it's bad when you go to last year's version of the game, because the current one sucked so badly. That's what I did yesterday, I'm sorry but there's too many flaws that makes this game unplayable, I'm considering selling it even though I really want to try to have fun with this game, but it's just not happening. If Madden 09 sucks this year too, then I probably won't play a EA Sports game for awhile.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
I'm sorry, but this comes off as incredibly ironic to say the least.
how so? if you mean the effort it takes to get the game to play right, then imagine how those guys felt when 06 came out and EVERYTHING they worked on was completely unusable. Since then, silders/sim stats/CPU AI have gotten progressivly worse, with no way to fix it. At least in 05 they gave us the tools to fix the game. Now not even the TOOLS work.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:09 PM   #31
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

We just had a TV fixed, and just to make sure the picture was ok, I drug out the old Xbox and popped in NCAA 2007 (I didn't want to unhook the 360 and move it just to test out the old TV) and it was actually pretty fun. The graphics obviously stink, but it ran smooth as silk and played well. I'm thinking about trying to re-buy NCAA 04 for the PS2 and using that as my NCAA fix this year. I can't really afford to shell out $60 for a new game anymore, especially when they've been fairly subpar on next gen.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:10 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiWarrior
You know it's bad when you go to last year's version of the game, because the current one sucked so badly. That's what I did yesterday, I'm sorry but there's too many flaws that makes this game unplayable, I'm considering selling it even though I really want to try to have fun with this game, but it's just not happening. If Madden 09 sucks this year too, then I probably won't play a EA Sports game for awhile.
But it reminds me of years past where everyone is getting annoyed with the bugs and do away with even trying to make it work and go with a older title.

But the problem is then we had no voice on the forums from EA, and now we do and we still can't get a reply as far as what gameplay wise is getting addressed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »