Home

Cant Take It Anymore..Im Putting This On The Shelf Until Patch #2

This is a discussion on Cant Take It Anymore..Im Putting This On The Shelf Until Patch #2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 09:54 AM   #25
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Cant Take It Anymore..Im Putting This On The Shelf Until Patch #2

That's weird. I actually find the CPU is really good at running the ball on Heisman -- with Run Blocking set to 100, anyway.

Anyway, I don't think patch #2 is gonna do enough to fix NCAA's problems, the biggest of which are pursuit angles, completion percentages and the non-existent pass rush. But I've got my fingers crossed.

Last edited by Strummer101er; 08-20-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 10:03 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 8

You're more patient than I am, mine is up on Ebay.

This is one of the most unrealistic football games I've ever played. It is downright God awful.

Hey EA Sports devs: You want to know what I do? I play Madden 08 on PC. Why? Because the COMMUNITY has the ability to mess with the game, alter ratings, improve realism, update rosters, update uniforms, and everything else. AND there are a ton of downloads for college football teams, so I can even have that feeling that I'm playing as my favorite college teams. I can even inject them all into an NFL Franchise, and play with college football teams in an NFL style league. Is it the same thing? No, but I can actually tolerate the on-field gameplay, and that's a hell of a lot more than I can say for your $60/year garbage.

It's pretty damn sad that a community can accomplish more for free than what these guys can in a year of doing this for a living. And if you don't believe me, go buy Madden 08 for PC for 10 bucks, and head to www.football-freaks.com. You won't be disappointed.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:25 AM   #27
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7

Mine has also been on the shelf for some time now. Probably over two weeks. Now waiting on NHL. I really would like to keep NCAA (as I have no interest in Madden's broken franchise mode) and am hoping the patch solves at least a few of my problems with the game, but it is EA so I have my doubts. Most likely I'll be trading it in for NHL.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:29 AM   #28
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
That's weird. I actually find the CPU is really good at running the ball on Heisman -- with Run Blocking set to 100, anyway.

Anyway, I don't think patch #2 is gonna do enough to fix NCAA's problems, the biggest of which are pursuit angles, completion percentages and the non-existent pass rush. But I've got my fingers crossed.
Just to clarify, I don't play Heisman on any of the NCAA games and never have. I find it to be even more unrealistic and it seems like the cpu tends to cheat you on this level, rather than making the gameplay more challenging. I play on AA with adjusted sliders.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:33 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I was able to jump the snap and get some against the CPU in Year 1.

The majority of my sacks were either me jumping the snap or the CPU's stupid ability on Screen passes.

In year 2 of the Legends league, my D line...which consists of 2 Defensive Ends rated 92 overall with 86 speed a piece, plus 2 DTs at 88 and 83 overall (98 and 90 strength)....

That D line has a total of....1 sack. In 3 games. One.

This is going against Offensive lines that were all inferior to that D line.

It is beyond maddening to see this crap over...and over....and over...and over...and over.

Zero pass rush is an absolute defense killer. Seriously, you revert to just praying for a turnover or some stupid mistake by your opponent to get a stop. Because you will never get any kind of defensive pressure from your front 4...even if they are all studs.

Very very aggravating and depressing at the same time...as I only like to play as a Defensive Tackle.

This is the worst it has ever been in the NCAA series IMO. I never had this much trouble last year, or any year prior.

I remember the good old days...like NCAA 2004 or NCAA 2006 when a defensive guy like myself could actually create great Ds with stud defensive lines that took over games, etc.

Makes me want to go hunt down an old copy of 06 or 04 and get that thrill again.

Haha..yeah, I rented the Wii version and am going to buy it because it is based on those old school engines. If it had online play, Id retire my 360 version entirely.

If you can still play "good" d in this game using your Dt as is, major props.

I love the 3-4 defense and would love to use the NT to draw doubles and create havoc.

As it is, I like to control a CB, and I have to hold my breath and pray that the guys who are assigned to patrol the middle actually do it.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:35 AM   #30
Rookie

tyreeii's Arena

OVR: 3

I tend to agree that EA is doing this purposely. Think about it, they can only improve upon the game so much before they can no longer improve the gameplay. I am not saying it is right but they need to be able to hold the proverbial "carrot" in front of the horse (us) to keep it motivated (buy the game).

They have removed so many apsects that I really enjoyed, the matchup stick, formation subs, in-game player progression/regression. I am of the belief that they will add these features to the game in coming years just to keep us enticed.

Personally, I would rather they do major updates every other year. They could release basically the same game in between or they could offer a patch or roster update via online purchase, you oculd buy it directly from EA or via your PS3 on-line connection. I think this would help them, they could charge 29.99, I would be willing to pay that much and I would be happy knowing that they would release a better product the next year. Their profit margin would be ridiculous because all they would be doing is releasing a roster, schedule, and title update. This way they could spend two years developing a new and improved game and they could manipulate their budget to accommodate this.

What do you think about that?
Old 08-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #31
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

If it wasn't for Online Dynasty this game would have been shelved a while ago.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:47 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 17

While I agree that this game has some SEVERE issues if you are willing to play with a half dozen house rules the game really should be very playable post second patch. I believe it is even NOW (at least compared to years past) but working sliders and a tightened up zone D should go a long way in making game playable again with HOUSE RULES. If you hate house rules then I think this series will NEVER be playable IMO. Since EA doesn't even try to do anything with the AI there is just zero % chance of that ever working IMO.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »