Home

So The Kickoff Coverage Hasen't Been Fixed

This is a discussion on So The Kickoff Coverage Hasen't Been Fixed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 08:39 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: So The Kickoff Coverage Hasen't Been Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34
You know, I don't have a problem with people requesting a response from the dev's, but then you have to get your little digs in, which is so incredibly typical these days. This response here is exactly what I try to stop, and this thread will eventually lead there, like all the others. If these boards are not fun, and you do not like the way they are run....seriously, don't come back.

I would love to see a response like, "while appreciate the effort, I am still seeing th same stuff" Seriously, who takes offense to that, that leads to good general discussion. I guess I am in the minority of realizing, it's just a game.
Well that's nice if you'd like to see that kind of response but I don't "appreciate the effort" because I don't think there was an "effort". Like I said I'm not demanding anything, I'm not threatning anyone and I'm not insulting anyone. I just noticed that what was supposed to be fixed isin't fixed IMO and I'd like to see what EA has to say about it. And you don't think EA is pulling the wool over our eyes...that's fine, I happen to think they are. It's called a difference of opinion, wich tends to happen on discussion boards.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:40 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 29

after 1st QTR

UAB 0 - S. Carolina 0 (SC Ball on the UAB 6)

First Downs -
UAB 3
SC 4

Total Offense
UAB 49
SC 83

Rushes
UAB (4 for 2 yards)
SC (4 for -1 yard)

Passing
UAB (5/8 47 yards)
SC (5/6 84 yards)

My only KR was for 25 yards
Old 08-21-2008, 08:49 AM   #35
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Am I the only one that didn't think the kickoff returns were that bad before the patch? I am a lousy returner but the average starting point should be around the 30 to 35 yard line for college (32 yard line was the average two years ago on kicks from the 30 yard line).

Punt returns were a much bigger problem than kick returns imo. How are they? I don't want to have to use house rules anymore.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:51 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old's Cool
Well that's nice if you'd like to see that kind of response but I don't "appreciate the effort" because I don't think there was an "effort". Like I said I'm not demanding anything, I'm not threatning anyone and I'm not insulting anyone. I just noticed that what was supposed to be fixed isin't fixed IMO and I'd like to see what EA has to say about it. And you don't think EA is pulling the wool over our eyes...that's fine, I happen to think they are. It's called a difference of opinion, wich tends to happen on discussion boards.
Dude, people like you do make this forum less fun and interactive. What you are saying contradicts what most every other poster about the patches have been saying. Either spend some time testing the changes to show some cold hard proof or shut up.

Thanks for the second patch EA. Many games don't get fixes at all after release.

Last edited by Cubit; 08-21-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:53 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 20

Playing on Heisman and watching the replay of the punt return td the pursuit angles were still awful. I don't go by what a company tells me I go by what I see.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:02 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34
You know, I don't have a problem with people requesting a response from the dev's, but then you have to get your little digs in, which is so incredibly typical these days. This response here is exactly what I try to stop, and this thread will eventually lead there, like all the others. If these boards are not fun, and you do not like the way they are run....seriously, don't come back.

I would love to see a response like, "while appreciate the effort, I am still seeing th same stuff" Seriously, who takes offense to that, that leads to good general discussion. I guess I am in the minority of realizing, it's just a game.
bluengold... when did you stop being a consumer?

Im all for being polite in discussion but the point is we all paid for something that doesnt work. Call it false advertising or defective product but in any other market this POS would be returned by 10's of thousands if not more.

If you bought a car and got home and found out the back left window doesnt work, trunk opens sometimes and sometimes it doesnt, one head light goes on and the other goes off and no matter what you tune your radio to it plays the same channel....

Would you be calmly calling the dealer and saying "Gosh, you guys do a great job making cars but it seems things that worked in my 08 model arnt working in my 09. Take your time and maybe you will fix them... if not, ill just buy an 010 model.. But keep up the great work pals, thanks! Go irsih"

No wonder everyone i know hates ND (except for jesus)
Old 08-21-2008, 09:08 AM   #39
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Am I the only one that didn't think the kickoff returns were that bad before the patch? I am a lousy returner but the average starting point should be around the 30 to 35 yard line for college (32 yard line was the average two years ago on kicks from the 30 yard line).

Punt returns were a much bigger problem than kick returns imo. How are they? I don't want to have to use house rules anymore.
It was really only a issue when playing against a human oppt. I didnt have the issue with the cpu at all. Plus I play realistic by reading blocks & not trying to glitch the AI by zig zagging.

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 08-21-2008, 09:13 AM   #40
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Playing on Heisman and watching the replay of the punt return td the pursuit angles were still awful. I don't go by what a company tells me I go by what I see.
Pursuit angles are still terrible but the kickoff/punt coverage has been improved. The guys actually get downfield on punts and don't leave 30 yards of open space.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »