Home

Wait...so EA makes the game harder by cheating?

This is a discussion on Wait...so EA makes the game harder by cheating? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2008, 08:36 AM   #9
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Wait...so EA makes the game harder by cheating?

I don't buy the game cheats to win. Its just a string of random plays that you won't normally see all in one game. But this stuff happens in real life too which is why you see upsets or unexpected blowouts.

Heisman default is very tough and the cpu does get boosts on that level simply to make it harder. I see the advantages they get but I don't see them magically appear one play and disappear the next. I'm playing on Heisman now with sliders boosted for me and I think Heisman plays very fair this year. I prefer it to AA simply because the cpu will run the ball better. Its virtually impossible to get the cpu to have an effective ground game on AA.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:42 AM   #10
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Wait...so EA makes the game harder by cheating?

Yes they do. Everytime I lose, it has to be because the cpu cheated.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-04-2008, 11:57 AM   #11
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

OVR: 6

You know what I like? I dump the ball out in the flats to my RB, and as he turns upfield, the computer sucks him in to the LB who was clearly not in coverage and what would have been a 60 yard TD or whatever is now 2nd and 7. I see it happen all the time whenever we start to get too far ahead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 12:43 PM   #12
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Ive had a few games that I knew NCAA was not going to let me win. Last night I (#16 PITT) played # 10 Texas A&M in Kyle Field (i think thats what its called) and they were ranked 7th in Toughest Places to Play so I knew it would be tough. I had the lead early but A&M came back and got up on me 10-17. No matter what I did the A&M defense shut me down or forced a turnover. I got inside the red zone 3 times in the 4th quarter and it resulted in 2 pick 6's and 1 fumble. My Soph. RB that had never fumbled in his 17 game career, fumble twice. And my 91 OVR Sen. QB threw 4 picks. A&M's offense scored only 3 points lol. But I do like the fact that I dont go undefeated every year even with a great team.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 09-04-2008, 01:00 PM   #13
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
Ive had a few games that I knew NCAA was not going to let me win. Last night I (#16 PITT) played # 10 Texas A&M in Kyle Field (i think thats what its called) and they were ranked 7th in Toughest Places to Play so I knew it would be tough. I had the lead early but A&M came back and got up on me 10-17. No matter what I did the A&M defense shut me down or forced a turnover. I got inside the red zone 3 times in the 4th quarter and it resulted in 2 pick 6's and 1 fumble. My Soph. RB that had never fumbled in his 17 game career, fumble twice. And my 91 OVR Sen. QB threw 4 picks. A&M's offense scored only 3 points lol. But I do like the fact that I dont go undefeated every year even with a great team.
to me thats your team becoming rattled in a hostile enviroment. Just my .02

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-04-2008, 01:25 PM   #14
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Most of those things sound like slider issues to me. I haven't had these issues on Heisman, but there is certainly 1 way that the CPU cheats, but it doesn't bother me as I feel they need the help.

Regardless of what EA may say, the CPU definitely knows what play I'm calling. This happens several times a game...

I call a 4 WR set with my RB running the ball up the middle.
The CPU comes out in a defense with 7-8 guys in the box.
I formation audible to a pass.
The CPU drops back into pass coverage.
I audible to my original run.
The CPU moves 7-8 guys in the box again.
I formation audible to a running play to fool the CPU.
The CPU doesn't budge.
I formation audible to a different pass play than before.
The CPU drops back in pass coverage.

It doesn't bother me that they do this, and if this is what it takes for the CPU to be competitive, than I'm all for it. It's just obvious that the CPU knows what plays I'm calling (or every team I play has hired the New England Patriots' camera men for a while).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-04-2008, 02:16 PM   #15
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
to me thats your team becoming rattled in a hostile enviroment. Just my .02
Yeah well it is some of that but I know when im getting cheated with mass dropped balls crazy QB pressure. My routes never even started shaking like when you get rattled.
And like what jello said, I try to get the defense out of formation and run in shotgun and the defense come out in a 3-4, WTF.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 03:59 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Regardless of what EA may say, the CPU definitely knows what play I'm calling. This happens several times a game...

It doesn't bother me that they do this, and if this is what it takes for the CPU to be competitive, than I'm all for it. It's just obvious that the CPU knows what plays I'm calling (or every team I play has hired the New England Patriots' camera men for a while).

Heh. Yeah, we've all known (or suspected) this for a while but shrug it off. It also doesn't bother me too much because it helps keep it challenging.

Perhaps the fellow earlier that mentioned most of MY issues being related to sliders is correct. I play with the USER/CPU Awareness, Knockdowns, and Tackle very high because both sides score way to damn much. Even with the Tackle slider at 70 there are still a few "miracle" broken tackles but nothing over the top (say like 6 in a row). INTs are unavoidable though and only become a nuisance for stat whores like myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »