Home

Would you buy NCAA 10 if there were an alternative?

This is a discussion on Would you buy NCAA 10 if there were an alternative? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2009, 01:10 PM   #17
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Would you buy NCAA 10 if there were an alternative?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
if it played like NFL2k5, then yes. if it played like their NCAA 2k3, then no.
Exactly... Grass isn't always greener on the other side. Besides that 2K wasn't the be all end all game. I loved it and was 2K only also but it had issues all it's own.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-19-2009, 01:31 PM   #18
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
if it played like NFL2k5, then yes. if it played like their NCAA 2k3, then no.
If APF comes out again and EA is still holding the exclusives to the NFL and NCAA, I certainly hope it includes a TB type editing program. I would buy that game day 1.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:41 PM   #19
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

I know 2k3 sucked. I'm not trying to make it a 2k argument. I like how 2kx played and would love a version of the polished and tweeked for college or nfl. I think with slider adjustments it the closest thing to real football. That said I will make an hour drive to pick up NCAA a few days before release from the spot I have got it early the last few years. I have purchased NCAA since 98. I play about every football game ever to hit the market from gamestar on the Commordore 64 to FPS to Maximum football. I am sure EA will get my money but its getting harder each year. If it wasn't for the group I have played dynasty with since the Bill Walsh day I would probably take a couple years off from the series. I just wish there was no exclusive. I love seeing each devlopers different take on the wonderful game of football. I know there are awesome things in NCAA that I am going to get every year but then there are things that never get incorporated into NCAA that are in other games that I enjoy as well.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:24 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 16

First there is no way you can say the "other" game is goinfg to be better so i dont understand the point of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
I'd buy CFB 2K in a heartbeat!
What makes you think 2K is any better? Have you played MLB 2K9? It has the same game play flaws as 2K8 with better presentation and Franchise...sounds the same as what your already bitching about to me.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:46 PM   #21
Rookie

ReservoirDog76's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm shoplifting this game so EA doesn't see any of my money.

Also, 2K, while they blow at making baseball games, made a great football game. 2k5 was better than every Madden up until 10. If they weren't deprived of the license they would no doubt make a better football game then the garbage EA is putting out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2009, 02:55 PM   #22
Rookie

gofresno's Arena

OVR: 8

i would only buy the alt if it had online dynasty.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:07 PM   #23
Puck Dynasty

soxnut1018's Arena

OVR: 8

There is BCFX as and alternative. Is anyone going to buy that game? While NCAA is nowhere near great, an alternative could be much much worse.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:10 PM   #24
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

This is such a biased, non-sensical question. It's designed to get the haters out in force saying "YES WE WILL BUY FROM NON-EA" and the loyalists to say "WE LOVE EA NO MATTER WHAT"

You have no idea how good/bad, how immersing, how detailed, how graphical correct, how historically correct, how in depth another game would be.

There may not be for college football, but there are alternatives to buying NCAA. 1) Dont buy it 2) buy madden instead. If you dont like NCAA< it is rough, there are no alternatives, but to make a blnket statement that you would buy something other than NCAA is speculation at best.

If you dont like Madden this year, you can buy Backbreaker when it comes out. But its completely different and aimed at a different subset of gamers.

I dont think there is any way that people can make an informed decision or guess here.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »