Home

NCAA and High Def

This is a discussion on NCAA and High Def within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2009, 01:30 PM   #9
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA and High Def

I love my LG. 42" is a great size. I got mine for $800 on sale a while back. Great picture. When you're playing first person shooters response time is a lot more important than in NCAA. Anything 8 or under will be ok for NCAA, but careful because the response rate isn't usually very accurate.

If you're really serious about getting a tv with a good response time, take a laptop into the store, hook it up to it's DVI or VGA and just move the mouse around, you're be able to tell how much delay there is.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:38 PM   #10
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Just got a 32-inch Samsung and love it. Got the MadCatz component cables to connect the 360 to the TV and man, the games look AMAZING!

Good luck in your search. Samsung is a great brand and reasonably priced, in my opinion.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 08-08-2009, 03:53 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 17

i have a 50 inch samsung plasma with hdmi cable hookup and my 360 looks freakin amazing on it...although it is only a 1080i....it's awesome. also i had the hd cables for the 360 and recently got the hdmi and i seen no difference at all...u won't see any difference with a 780p either. U would be able to tell the difference with a hdmi cord and 1080p tv.

Last edited by ddaugherty; 08-08-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 06:55 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

My 25" 480p tube TV kicks ***.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:38 PM   #13
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

You can pick up a 32 inch Vizio for $400. Unless you have extra cash, no need spending much more than that.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:09 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 3

I've had a 32 inch Vizio LCD TV for over a year now and it has caused no problems for me, at all. It looks outstanding in HD, and there is no bad response delays that I've experienced before on other HD TVs.

If you have a chance to pick one of those up, I would definitely do it.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sorry I took so long to thank you guys; a family emergency took me out of town for a few days. I was set on a Vizio from Wal*Mart, but went to check out a Proscan at Best Buy first, since it was 37" instead of 32" for the same price. There was someone working who I met when we worked there together 15 years ago, and she confirmed that Proscan is crap, but said she doesn't hear any complaints about Insignia, which is Best Buy's higher-end brand (Dynex being their complete crap brand). I took a look at a $400 Insignia 32" 720p, and was surprised at the quality. Then I found out it has a two year manufacturer's warranty, as opposed to the single year from most brands, and was sold. I was expecting a different opening to the game the first time I played in HD, so that was pretty exciting, and I have been thrilled with the purchase. Thanks again for your recommendations.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »