Home

Pass rush is broken in this game and needs to be patched

This is a discussion on Pass rush is broken in this game and needs to be patched within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2010, 09:59 PM   #25
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Pass rush is broken in this game and needs to be patched

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Sometimes I read this stuff, and wonder, what game you all are playing.
It's starting to be borderline rediculous at the amount of "this is broken" threads.

Too much CPU pressure to passing is to easy. Can't get a running game and the next day a post about running is too easy.

Think it's time to take my own advice and stay out of the NCAA area for awhile.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 09:59 PM   #26
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

damned if you or damned if you don't with these threads everything is broke, most of it you can fix with sliders, no wants to use sliders or they cry bout online. can't get a break we have a good game and people are trying so hard to bitch , but no one can 100% agree that any of this stuff is broken .

Cant wait til we get the first tuner set. a whole new appreciation for the game . its going to be like july13 all over again
Old 07-20-2010, 10:58 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
damned if you or damned if you don't with these threads everything is broke, most of it you can fix with sliders, no wants to use sliders or they cry bout online. can't get a break we have a good game and people are trying so hard to bitch , but no one can 100% agree that any of this stuff is broken .

Cant wait til we get the first tuner set. a whole new appreciation for the game . its going to be like july13 all over again
Cry about online?

You need to understand where some people are coming from, we don't all play the game for the same features. In my case, I very rarely play games against the CPU. In fact, the only games I play vs. the CPU are non-conference Online Dynasty games, the rest of the time I play straight online games or online dynasty games. For OD's, sliders are there and it's an easy fix. However, for default online, this game leaves a lot to be desired. I want to be able to execute a realistic offense, this game is not set up to do that for the following reasons:

1) Spread offense is just flat out broken, if EA needs to borrow my copy of Urban Meyer's playbook, I'd be happy to loan it to them... heck, 15 minutes on Google could help them learn about how the spread works, because the way it is in the game, isn't it.
2) Play action DOES NOT WORK with default sliders, you could (and I have) run 15 times in a row and call a PA pass on the 16th and not a single person will bite or even freeze for a second.

Those two problems make it very difficult for people to run legitimately accurate offenses. You combine that with how easy it is to run the ball (I haven't thrown a pass in an online game in 10 quarters) as well as the issues posted in this thread and you have a game that is far from perfect.

You just have to accept that some of us play the game for different reasons, I have no interest in playing a computer for hours at a time, I am bored out of my mind whenever I have to play the CPU. That probably doesn't apply to most of you, and you can fix the problems with sliders pretty easily, but some of us don't really have that luxury.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:18 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm getting a little frustrated with the pass rush discrepancy myself. Playing offline dynasty vs. CPU, on All-American with continually adjusted sliders. I'm three games in and have crushed my opening lineup of cupcakes (my team ratings tend to be in the A-/B+ range, these 3 teams were all C's and D's). But I can't get a sack against anyone. I had one random sack this last game where a blitzing linebacker snuck through the line completely untouched and swamped the QB before he could go into his motion. But generally it seems like they have all kinds of time and I can only get pressure with a mega-blitz - and even though I blitz often, do manual blitzes with linebackers, and control the linemen to try stunts and spin moves, I get nowhere. Even if I do get pressure the QB just throws a quick pass right as I drill him. The annoying thing is that it's not like this is really creating a big disadvantage for me so far, and I'm still whipping these much worse teams. But realistically a great team should be getting sacks against bad teams with bad o-lines, and I have one in three games. The stat buff and sim junkie in me rebels against this.

And on the flip side, the CPU pressure is unreal. I'm starting to pay more attention to where exactly it's coming from and they do seem to blitz like crazy, which is kind of weird since I run way more than pass. And I've also noticed that a lot of the pass plays I like have five receivers going out, which obviously means I don't have much blocking. I've started running less play-action and using hot routes to keep tight ends and backs at home when they show blitz, but still I'm getting devoured within two seconds of the snap so often, it's not funny. When you pair that up with the overpowered DBs and my destructive powers with the option, it's a wonder I ever bother to pass - really I only do it because I like to, and I want my QB to have at least a few attempts a quarter. But I'd do better if I just ran the ball always. Feh.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:00 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 34

And then you find out that these people are playing on default Heisman...and wondering why the CPU plays like a loony-toons cartoon.

Some of you people just dont make any sense.

If you have to mess around with the sliders to make Heisman play like a harder All-American, you really shouldnt be playing on Heisman.

If you are having this problem on AA, then you should be playing on Varsity.

It's okay. Do it. No one is going to think any less of you.

Last edited by sportyguyfl31; 07-21-2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:08 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXHusker25
Cry about online?

You need to understand where some people are coming from, we don't all play the game for the same features. In my case, I very rarely play games against the CPU. In fact, the only games I play vs. the CPU are non-conference Online Dynasty games, the rest of the time I play straight online games or online dynasty games. For OD's, sliders are there and it's an easy fix. However, for default online, this game leaves a lot to be desired. I want to be able to execute a realistic offense, this game is not set up to do that for the following reasons:

1) Spread offense is just flat out broken, if EA needs to borrow my copy of Urban Meyer's playbook, I'd be happy to loan it to them... heck, 15 minutes on Google could help them learn about how the spread works, because the way it is in the game, isn't it.
2) Play action DOES NOT WORK with default sliders, you could (and I have) run 15 times in a row and call a PA pass on the 16th and not a single person will bite or even freeze for a second.

Those two problems make it very difficult for people to run legitimately accurate offenses. You combine that with how easy it is to run the ball (I haven't thrown a pass in an online game in 10 quarters) as well as the issues posted in this thread and you have a game that is far from perfect.

You just have to accept that some of us play the game for different reasons, I have no interest in playing a computer for hours at a time, I am bored out of my mind whenever I have to play the CPU. That probably doesn't apply to most of you, and you can fix the problems with sliders pretty easily, but some of us don't really have that luxury.
Words cannot express how wrong you are.

Some of you people need to swallow some pride, and accept that you arent as good at the game as you think you are.

I'm going to call liar on the 10 consecutive quarters running the ball thing.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:30 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Words cannot express how wrong you are.

Some of you people need to swallow some pride, and accept that you arent as good at the game as you think you are.

I'm going to call liar on the 10 consecutive quarters running the ball thing.
Ok, well, your choice...

Final two quarters of first game, I ran with clock on conservative simply because I was bored and up decent, I only ran 11 plays in the second half
First full game, 33 runs, 308 yards, 6 TD
Second game, 37 runs, 292 yards, 4 TD (and like 3 fumbles, but I'll survive)

All three games with Wisconsin, up until last night, I had won 8 straight with Wisconsin and the UNC playbook.

I actually did call two passes in that second game, the PA Boot Screen in Ace Twin TE Slot, got sacked twice but by then I was just messing around (side note, that play would be money if it actually worked, there were like 4 blockers out front).

As for me not being good, whatever you say, you'll notice none of my posts mention me losing or these things costing me the game. I am not having problems finding success, I just wish things would be better.

However, if you think I am wrong about the spread, I don't think you understand the spread. Seriously, if you look at the EA version of the Read Option and say, "yea, that is exactly how it's designed in real life..." well, that says a whole lot about your football knowledge. Hey, at least we have a read this year right, didn't even have that last year... one thing at a time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 02:26 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXHusker25
Cry about online?

I agree with you 100%. I used to use Florida, but running out of the shotgun in MOST of their packages just doesn't work. I think the problem is Jeffrey Demps is too fast and he gets to the line before the lineman can get into their blocks. When I play with Michigan, I run better with Shaw out of the shotgun because he's a little slower which gives the linemen time.

Also, back to the original topic, I agree about the pass rush. Im a traditional pocket passer, I step up into the pocket and throw. This is something that can be done in Madden, and when you do, your QB is more accurate. In this game, you have to drop back, and either drop back 15 yards and throw, or scramble, and it doesn't effect accuracy. This is something Madden fixed around 04 after everybody would scramble with Vick. NCAA has to catch up. Pocket passing is impossible in this game (online game play).

So what do I do now? The same thing you do man. I use the Canes, I run 90% of the game. I might throw the ball 10 times, if that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »